You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Interview with Rafa - 25th October - Exclusive From Paavo Nurmi

ronnie38

when all is said and done - and i am a fan (i used to watch Valencia under him when living in Spain) whenever i watched Liverpool under Rafa i always had the feeling we would win - i don't feel that way at the moment to be sure.

I am one of Rafa's biggest fans, almost as big as me uncle Ged's love of Sammie Lee, but I'm not so sure I agree with that comment.

There were some incredibly bad performances under Rafa where it could be argued the blame fell squarely on his shoulders either from team selection or tactics.

2005. He wasn't bringing Finnan off, it wasn't a strategic move, he was injured. To claim otherwise is a bit disingenuous.

Starting with Harry Kewell. No need to add any more.

There were some absolute shite and complete incompetent performances like Reading, Portsmouth, Bury, Fulham.

I hate picking out individual games like that but I didn't feel confident at all watching Liverpool teams not even being arsed to want to play for the shirt.

I loved watching the crushing machine Rafa developed at Valencia and will never forget the way they dominated us in both games in the UEFA Cup.

He was possibly 1-2 years off achieving version 2 with a twist at Liverpool but we changed owners and the wheels fell off.

But there lies the answer. The personnel at Rafa's disposal. Hyypia, Alonso, Mascherano, Arbeloa, Gerrard of five years ago and Torres. Those six in our team at the moment and I'm feeling confident that we might win more games too.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for pointing out my oversight, but even Suarez was wanted by Rafa, as he sent the king to scout him.

Is that before he tried to sell Alonso, or after he sold Alonso, and tried to replace him with Aquilani?

Or after he made shit subs during key games throughout the season? like taking SG off in a Merseyside derby because he thought he was playing with his heart and not his mind?

Playing a Merseyside derby with your heart? as a Liverpool born player? heaven forbid such a thing.

rafa, gone and forgotten.

Is that before he tried to sell Alonso, or after he sold Alonso, and tried to replace him with Aquilani?

Or after he made shit subs during key games throughout the season? like taking SG off in a Merseyside derby because he thought he was playing with his heart and not his mind?

Playing a Merseyside derby with your heart? as a Liverpool born player? heaven forbid such a thing.

Fucking hell, of all the substitutions he's ever made you choose one that had a direct impact on us winning the game.

It was after he sold the player he bought for £ 10,5 mill to Real Madrid for almost thrice that price and after he could use that money to bring Jovetic and Aquilani in.

It was in January 2010

You fuckin' eejit. What I'd give for more shit substitutions like that now.

Who pocketed the Alonso money/ the Keane money/ TV revenue? You saying it was Rafa?

Did he veto the Silva and Jovetic deals n all? Do you reckon Soto was really his first choice to replace Hyypia?

Or were we just getting fleeced by a couple of yanks?

I'm hook, line and sinker here, baby.

Is that the same merseyside derby that his substitute Lucas would have scored if Phil Neville had not made a great save to stop his goal bound strike on the line?

You may not like him but he deserves a little bit of respect for what he achieved during his time with us.

Lucas came on for Gerrard in that game, set up the winning goal and would have scored the winner himself only Neville handled it. So how was a decision that won the game a shit sub?

Either your wumming or thick as fuck, i'm gonna go for wumming as know one can be that thick.

Is that the same merseyside derby that his substitute Lucas would have scored if Phil Neville had not made a great save to stop his goal bound strike on the line?

You may not like him but he deserves a little bit of respect for what he achieved during his time with us.

I didnt say I didnt like him, in fact he gives a good handshake, and a warm smile, which I have had the pleasure of receiving on a few occasions.

Respect? yes I agree, No 5 earned him that if nothing else, but I dont want him back, on his last season alone.

He got what he wanted at our expense, with a huge payout to boot.

He may have loved the club, but he used that to get his next job sorted with a decent dividend to match, while we lost games we shoudlnt have due to his mistakes/decisions.

Some say he engineered his own demise, I personally think he planned it all along, but it didnt work out the way he wanted.

Tony Evans had another early hour drunken rant on twitter about "philosophies", its obvious he wants Rodgers sacked and Benitez back, it's hilarious reading him beat about the bush about it.

I was just reading that, I quote

"What is ugly is losing and deluding yourself you're playing really well and it's OK, cos you've got a 'philosophy'"

Rafa lost the plot a bit but who the fuck wouldn't have done with those horrible scheming bastards destroying our club from the other side of the planet?

He signed Reina, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Arbeloa, Garcia, Alonso, Mascherano, Kuyt, Torres and developed Gerrard & Carragher into great players. His legacy includes Suso & Sterling.

We won the fucking Champions league against all the odds, became the No 1 rated team in Europe , the FA Cup and finished 2nd in the league with just 2 defeats and a points tally that would have won it most seasons.

He gets us, donated big sums to the families and still lives on our doorstep.

Rafa is an honourary scouser, a legend and deserves respect.

That's all, no-one is demanding Rodgers is sacked for Rafa's return but if you can't feel a bit of poignancy at the memory of those great days when we returned to the top table, as compared to the low expectations of our current side, then you are fucking deluded.

Rafa lost the plot a bit but who the fuck wouldn't have done with those horrible scheming bastards destroying our club from the other side of the planet?

But not horrible and scheming enough to prevent him from agreeing to work for them for five years for £20m.