You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anzhi Away 08/11

Megadrive Man

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cole, Henderson and Downing don't belong anywhere near this club.

I always felt Henderson was the one who would offer something, he has a good touch, a good brain and can play a bit - but, too often it is kept safe, sometimes it is ultra safe and sometimes he refuses to take any responsibility and passes it on to someone else.

At the moment he just doesn't have that speed of thought to play the quick ball forward, he just won't make the important pass in the way that Sahin, Gerrard, Shelvey, Allen and Suso do. He needs to start showing some bollox otherwise he will go the same way as Downing!

Henderson, Downing, and Cole unfortunately are fairly indicative of where we are and is reflected in our general play. The lack of real drive and more importantly leaders on the pitch, willing to take responsibility, fight, desire and try something to exact change. If only they had Kuyt's mental fortitude and heart, would bring real quality to there play.

All very well Rodgers banging the 'playing well' drum, but the passing and play for large parts of the game lacked any real purpose. Teams seem to create far more clear cut chances against us then we do against them. Maybe we need to be more decisive in the final 20 yards.

Henderson, Downing, and Cole unfortunately are fairly indicative of where we are and is reflected in our general play. The lack of real drive and more importantly leaders on the pitch, willing to take responsibility, fight, desire and try something to exact change. If only they had Kuyt's mental fortitude and heart, would bring real quality to there play.

All very well Rodgers banging the 'playing well' drum, but the passing and play for large parts of the game lacked any real purpose. Teams seem to create far more clear cut chances against us then we do against them. Maybe we need to be more decisive in the final 20 yards.

What we need to do is get into the final 20 yards. The way we knocked the ball about in the second half you would have thought we were 1 nil up. Some horrible players with little or no direction and what you get is what we seen here tonight.

I'm not as upset with the individual performances of the players as I am with the tactics.

We got hit on the break so many times again that it's scary. Every team who plays against us will do it and most will succeed.

I know we need to strengthen up front but I'm more worried about the defence. All our defenders are slow as fuck. But even the first string are getting caught out like this. So it's tactics. And they are shit. We've a long long way to go before we look like a team again.

Anybody know what the criteria is for separating teams level on points? Is it head to head or goal difference?

I think it is head to head first, then goal difference. So if we can beat Young Boys and Anzi can beat Udinese we would be through regardless of Udinese.

I'm not as upset with the individual performances of the players as I am with the tactics.

We got hit on the break so many times again that it's scary. Every team who plays against us will do it and most will succeed.

I know we need to strengthen up front but I'm more worried about the defence. All our defenders are slow as fuck. But even the first string are getting caught out like this. So it's tactics. And they are shit. We've a long long way to go before we look like a team again.

We were one nil down. And as you said, the defenders are slow ergo we will be caught!

First half they created fuck all because we were solid, 2nd half we were chasing and they caught us - that is what happens.

Don't think the pitch helped our lads tonight. Awful surface, always seemed to take two touches to get the ball under control and didn't suit the quick passing game the lads are obviously trying to play.

On the TV it looked a big pitch too.

Young Boys have given us a big favour by beating Udinese.

Not sure who has and hasn't travelled for this game.

We could do with getting at least a draw, but at the same time with the Chelsea game on Sunday, I hope we rest Suarez for this one.

I'd play

Jones,

Wisdom,Coates, Carragher,Robinson

Henderson,Shelvey, Sahin

Pacheco,Yesil, Downing

Extremly impressed by the football the side played from first whistle today. educated, the players on the park must be getting some 'latin football' lessons because it aint been studied in england. we were brilliant and nil all draw would have been acceptable the fact we did not equalise. we need a marksman.i was at anfield last week and if the positive rumour the claus huntale will be a red in january then I am going to by Led Zepplin that was played when i heard the comment inside the ground..we all live and hope. u know who we have sunday.Brendan do not make wholesale changes please. Never mind We Come Not to Play say America! Let the mantra be We Come With to Win. Gary Byron, Red '96 YWNA :idea:

Extremly impressed by the football the side played from first whistle today. educated, the players on the park must be getting some 'latin football' lessons because it aint been studied in england. we were brilliant and nil all draw would have been acceptable the fact we did not equalise. we need a marksman.i was at anfield last week and if the positive rumour the claus huntale will be a red in january then I am going to by Led Zepplin that was played when i heard the comment inside the ground..we all live and hope. u know who we have sunday.Brendan do not make wholesale changes please. Never mind We Come Not to Play say America! Let the mantra be We Come With to Win. Gary Byron, Red '96 YWNA :idea:

Beautiful. Poetic. A joy to read.

Given what we had on the field, a 1-0 away isnt the worst that could have happened.

No complaints, and certainly not much to moan about, if we were ahead of what we are as a club, then maybe we could say we should be winning this sort of game.

We arent and so we cant complain at losing to a shit side with the mix and match we put out.

Concentrate on the league, isnt that what people keep droning on about? well tonight we did by our team selection, so by that, we did alright.

Henderson is still a hospital passer who doesnt like to get his quiff ruffled, downing is a syndrome, and Cole? I feel a bit sorry for, he isnt a player to come in and make a difference when the quality around him is so weak, so cant really slate him.

Other than that, not the worst result that it could have been.

It pains me to stick up for Downing but I think he has been decent in all of our No-Hoper games & did fairly well tonight.

I know Jonjo has a lot of fans on here but I just don't see it I'm afraid. He is glacially slow, seems to miscontrol the ball constantly, his shooting is wasteful & he is always likely to pick up cards.

It pains me to stick up for Downing but I think he has been decent in all of our No-Hoper games & did fairly well tonight.

I know Jonjo has a lot of fans on here but I just don't see it I'm afraid. He is glacially slow, seems to miscontrol the ball constantly, his shooting is wasteful & he is always likely to pick up cards.

I agree.

Downing did ok today, probably enough to earn him a berth against Chelsea. Shelvey, to me, is a Championship player.

I didn't have great expectations for the game considering the team we put out but it was a frustrating defeat in the end as we'd looked in very little danger of conceding in the first half and only had to stay solid for a few more seconds. Second half was disappointing but we never really had the players out there to chase the game. Udinese losing certainly helps us and a win over Young Boys should be enough now unless Udinese actually win in Russia. If we can't win at home to Young Boys then we really don't deserve to qualify.

His attitude and character are strong, but he's not at premiership level. He might get there, as he's still young, but he's not there yet. He's actually quite good in these sort of games, where he gets a lot more time on the ball. Apart from his usual lack of composure and technique in front of goal, he played quite well I thought.

His attitude and character are strong, but he's not at premiership level. He might get there, as he's still young, but he's not there yet. He's actually quite good in these sort of games, where he gets a lot more time on the ball. Apart from his usual lack of composure and technique in front of goal, he played quite well I thought.

Reading my comments it seems harsher than I meant to be. I think he could be a decent lad, but I have a few mates who go on about him like he is the second coming & I see he is in the England squad for instance & it baffles me a bit at this point.