You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tonsillectomy

woodylfc

"Alan Sex;3382940"]Had my uvula lasered off and palate lasered due to sleep apnea a couple years ago. Unbelievable pain. I feel your pain. Was a rough 2 weeks or so.

Fuck that sounds horrendous.

It really was. The Doc said it was way worse than a tonsillectomy - not to make light of your pain (as in "which would feel better, having an arm cut off or a leg?"). Could barely even drink let alone eat for the first week. Using a straw was nigh on impossible. On the plus side, with no uvula I rarely choke any more when giving myself head.

I always wondered what a uvula was for - still not sure but you know the odd occasion you are eating/drinking and some goes down the wind pipe, choking you? I seem to have a harder time stopping that from happening.

Bastards gave me toast the next morning with no butter and cornflakes with no milk , so i could get used to it to "toughen my throat up " i would have said something had i not been on a drip and constantly throwing up because some cunt hadn't checked my records to see if was allergic to a particular anesthetic.

Went fucking private as well before the usual harpies start on about the NHS.

I had my tonsils out as a wee lad. It wasn't that bad. What a bunch of fairies you are.

I did have a benign lump removed from my tongue last year. Now that was an experience.

I went into the dental hospital here in Dublin to get it removed. I was doing a job in the college next door that day so thought I'd just go back to work. How wrong was I!

After getting about 5 injections into my tongue the reality started to kick in. Then the dentist whipped out the scalpel and proceeded to cut the lump off of my tongue. I remember his hand coming out and it was covered in blood. I just said to myself. "yep, that's going to hurt when these injections wear off"

I got 4 stitches as well. Needless to say them fuckers popped out within an hour. After the procedure I met my dad. He asks would I be ok for work. I just opened my gob and showed him my "pain". He just brought me home.

When I got home I got a post it pad like a fucking dummy. I wrote on it for the missus. "I'm going to bed until I can talk. Don't bother talking to me because I've just had A CHUNK OF MY TONGUE CHOPPED OFF"

Luckily enough it healed within a week and I was back to normal.

Man up cry babies!

Had them out a few years back. Proper sore.

Was looking forward to the icecream part, but before I could start, they brought me in some dry toast. They said that the new way of post op was rough food to help scrape away infections.

I reckon they were just sadistic bitches though, as that hurt like fuck!

I had my tonsils out as a wee lad. It wasn't that bad. What a bunch of fairies you are.

I did have a benign lump removed from my tongue last year. Now that was an experience.

I went into the dental hospital here in Dublin to get it removed. I was doing a job in the college next door that day so thought I'd just go back to work. How wrong was I!

After getting about 5 injections into my tongue the reality started to kick in. Then the dentist whipped out the scalpel and proceeded to cut the lump off of my tongue. I remember his hand coming out and it was covered in blood. I just said to myself. "yep, that's going to hurt when these injections wear off"

I got 4 stitches as well. Needless to say them fuckers popped out within an hour. After the procedure I met my dad. He asks would I be ok for work. I just opened my gob and showed him my "pain". He just brought me home.

When I got home I got a post it pad like a fucking dummy. I wrote on it for the missus. "I'm going to bed until I can talk. Don't bother talking to me because I've just had A CHUNK OF MY TONGUE CHOPPED OFF"

Luckily enough it healed within a week and I was back to normal.

Man up cry babies!

Man up Bonnie ya big fuckin puff...

Ichi The Killer - Tongue Cutting Scene - Vidéo Dailymotion

5 fucking girlie injections ? Ha !

Had mine out ten years ago, unbelievably sore afterwards. I can remember waking up in the early hours with my throat on fire because I'd been snoring. A couple of points - use Voltarol which gives you small windows of being able to eat / drink normally, and the pain just stopped suddenly after two weeks.

Good luck.

Had mine out ten years ago, unbelievably sore afterwards. I can remember waking up in the early hours with my throat on fire because I'd been snoring. A couple of points - use Voltarol which gives you small windows of being able to eat / drink normally, and the pain just stopped suddenly after two weeks.

Good luck.

When I saw your post I knew you'd have some sound advice to impart. Thought for a while we should have an 'Ask Al' thread ;)