You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Paco

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what good Carroll ambling around the center circle would've done today. Kuyt and Maxi wanted to leave.

Part of supporting the club is giving the manager a fair chance. He's had four months. Four. Are we a club that just sacks manager after manager if they don't get immediate results?

fair... but one Question!! three out (actually four in you count Bellers).. were the replacements? Is not as he bought in a top class striker to to replace ANY OF THEM? on wait the the Italian goal machine. oh!

I don't know what good Carroll ambling around the center circle would've done today. Kuyt and Maxi wanted to leave.

Part of supporting the club is giving the manager a fair chance. He's had four months. Four. Are we a club that just sacks manager after manager if they don't get immediate results?

Recently.. yes we are.

Personally, I've seen enough to want him out, i'm just waiting for the rest of the blind fan base to wake up from their nightmare dream they seem to be in (Rodgers drug inducted 4-3-3) push forward the WHOLE fucking 10 PLAYERS... leaving us wide open for the counter attract..... People wonder why we leak goals when had one of the best defences last season? it won't be long before we see "Pikey out" threads.

I think this season is just an extension of last season. we created almost 20 chances today and scored 1 goal. they had 1 or 2 chances and scored. I don't think there is anything new in how poorly we defend at times in games. The problem remains that we don't put away our chances. shelvey should have had 2 and sterling should have had one. Young lads or not they're going to have to start putting the chances away.

It's gonna take a while before we stop making the same mistakes as we made last season and it's gonna take a while for us to start playing exactly how BR wants us to play because while he says we played fantastic I don't think he really believes we're playing the way he wants us to play.

I'm not happy with where we are are but I accept it reluctantly. I'm certainly not going to start calling for the managers head. we're no better or worse than we were under kenny during the rest of this year. kenny had a team developing, BR has tore that up and started developing his own team. for better or worse he got rid of our only other striker which was a big risk and at times like today and against Stoke or even United we maybe could have done with him but he's paid to make the big decisions and he made one. I think he was more or less told to use what he had at the club and lets see how we go until January. he's doing that, it's clear we need more firepower so I expect us to address that in the next window otherwise BR and the owners will be playing a very, very risky game.

suarez though? still makes it all worthwhile.

Win countless freekicks, show up when we were counter attacking, he didn't hide like Downing does every match, he took on players ran with the ball, held the ball to flick onto Suarez, in fact from what I've seen recently from Sterling I think he may be able to play in middle as he holds the ball while he gets support or just leaves the defender behind and startled when he begins a run.

I will concede you that he needs to be como level headed when he gets a chance but its still more than one cross and 20 minutes of non existence.

So he did not really contribute with anything that actually can win you matches then?

For all his energy and pace Sterling failed when it mattered today, I could have mentioned them, but that wqas not really the point.

The point was that Downing for all his inabilities actually directly could have helped us win the game through a good bit of skill from a wide player getting past the player on the outside and put in a very good cross to create a huge goalscoring opportunity.

I think this season is just an extension of last season. we created almost 20 chances today and scored 1 goal. they had 1 or 2 chances and scored. I don't think there is anything new in how poorly we defend at times in games. The problem remains that we don't put away our chances. shelvey should have had 2 and sterling should have had one. Young lads or not they're going to have to start putting the chances away.

It's gonna take a while before we stop making the same mistakes as we made last season and it's gonna take a while for us to start playing exactly how BR wants us to play because while he says we played fantastic I don't think he really believes we're playing the way he wants us to play.

I'm not happy with where we are are but I accept it reluctantly. I'm certainly not going to start calling for the managers head. we're no better or worse than we were under kenny during the rest of this year. kenny had a team developing, BR has tore that up and started developing his own team. for better or worse he got rid of our only other striker which was a big risk and at times like today and against Stoke or even United we maybe could have done with him but he's paid to make the big decisions and he made one. I think he was more or less told to use what he had at the club and lets see how we go until January. he's doing that, it's clear we need more firepower so I expect us to address that in the next window otherwise BR and the owners will be playing a very, very risky game.

suarez though? still makes it all worthwhile.

Shelvey is a Championship player and this silly idea that Brendan has a philosophy is getting fucking tiresome now

This. Every day of the week. Carroll will never be the answer. It's not the decision to loan him out that needs questioning, but rather the decision to pay £35m in the first place for such a poor player. Plus, the decision to sign Henderson, Downing, maybe even Enrique. It's the massive elephant in the room, and one which I don't like to discuss, but there's one common denominator......Dalglish.

He's set us back a good season or two with those signings. People may blame Comolli but, as is being said about the decision of Rodgers to loan out Carroll, managers manage. If Dalglish didn't want these players he, as manager, should've made sure they weren't signed.

Rodgers has already made some changes for the better. He's given Wisdom, Sterling and Suso more game time. He's shipped out a lot of dead wood. He's signed Allen who, today aside, looks a shrewd, long term signing. We are dominating teams, week in, week out. Just not scoring goals. Address that, and we'll press on.

However, it all takes time. Benitez's first season was abysmal, in the league, and was rescued by a small matter in Istanbul. Slowly, but surely, he got rid of the players he didn't want and forged his own identity for the team. This resulted in us having our best league title challenge in a long time. It also had us getting regular Champions League football.

But, again, to emphasise, it took time. Will Rodgers do the same? I can't guarantee that. I have my doubts. But to say he will fail and should go, after just four months, is ludicrous.

Shelvey is a Championship player and this silly idea that Brendan has a philosophy is getting fucking tiresome now

I wouldn't disagree with that based on some of his finishing this season. he gets in the positions but shits himself.

I didn't mention philosophy I just said he wants us to play a certain way and we've stopped doing it that last few games. we're not taking the ball of the keeper as much we're not trying to be as patient as we were at the beginning of the season. we look more like the team we were last season than the team who played man city in the first game.

last season if we didn't score in the first 20 mins when we had the wind in our sails and came out like a juggernaut then we usually didn't go on to win games at home and today was very much like that.

my main problem is Gerrard playing so deep. we need goals, get him as far up the field as possible. sahin isn't cutting it in that role. I just don't understand why BR doesn't try that.

So he did not really contribute with anything that actually can win you matches then?

For all his energy and pace Sterling failed when it mattered today, I could have mentioned them, but that wqas not really the point.

The point was that Downing for all his inabilities actually directly could have helped us win the game through a good bit of skill from a wide player getting past the player on the outside and put in a very good cross to create a huge goalscoring opportunity.

I just can't agree with your assesment. I think Sterling created a lot of good plays that could have/or should have been goals if not the final pass.

I just can't agree with your assesment. I think Sterling created a lot of good plays that could have/or should have been goals if not the final pass.

So when the final pass is not good enough whats the use? Could just as well pass the ball over the line it might actually be better as it would not leave you open to be hit on the break.

That game this evening just perfectly summed up where we are at.

We're a decent side but Suarez is our only cutting edge, and we're defensively dodgy at times.

Pretty certain we're headed for a mid table finish at this point, unless we pull off 1/2 really good signings in January which I'd be amazed if we did.

Which to be fair is what I expected when we ballsed up not getting another 1/2 proper good proven goalscorers in the team.

I have no idea about Rodgers at this point, I've been quietly impressed by him in some ways and I think we're not playing bad football, but it definitely needs some improvement.

I am nervous though we've finally fallen into that midtable hole thats very hard to climb out of without significant investment. Thats not Rodger's fault, hes inherited this. But really its up to FSG to give him a chance to get out of it. Or games like tonight are going to plague us for a long time.

Guest San Don
I thought we played really well tbh. The fact of the matter is we're going to continue struggling to score goals until we have more attacking talent to back Suarez up.

It's going to be a frustrating few months until we get a few players who can put the ball in the net with some regularity, I just pray Rodgers isn't hounded out before then. Though it wouldn't surprise me, with our fanbase.

This man talks sense. In fact he sees it like I do.

We'll struggle with only Suarez scoring. And anyone thinking we're gonna get a couple of excellent strikers in the january window who bang em in for fun to rescue our season are in for a rude awakening.

As to the fanbase, they want young players in then you get code saying downing did more when he came on than sterling all game. You have clowns in the ground telling sterling and wisdom to 'fuck off' when they make a mistake. You have idots slagging off suso after a quite brilliant piece of ball skill to beat a man then put in a wayward pass soon after.

So when the final pass is not good enough whats the use? Could just as well pass the ball over the line it might actually be better as it would not leave you open to be hit on the break.

What I'm saying is that one cross is not above overall play. But you are right, if Shelvey had scored Downing would have had a impact on the score. This however thats not make make his perforce better than Sterling.

Jose Enrique assisted Suarez today but his overall perforce has been, well not so good. Yes today he assisted, but this doesn't mean he was a good performer.

Putting aside the whole Shelvey discussion, the fact is that without doing anything special & simply taking up positions in the box, he got 3 excellent chances in 10 minutes.

I honestly think that managers are massively over-thinking the game.

Get people into the fucking box.

Guest San Don
Please talk me through the goal scoring opportunities Sterling created then.

No need to. You've clearly set your stall out to be a wum over the issue. But, there's a saying over here at the moment for people like you who see one thing but not the other. And that's 'should have gone to specsavers.'

Just back, in haste. A useful draw against a good Newcastle side, well managed by Pardew, and a nice unbeaten run is unfolding.

But two wins in a quarter of a season is not EL form. Hodgson had done better at this point and was sacked, KK didn’t survive a disastrous second half of the season, Rodgers will need to improve. The shots on goal ( I didn’t count) were disproportionately low to our possession.

Suarez was immense, but cannot do it on his own. Enrique’s pass for Luis goal was pure class (pretty much there only good thing he did all afternoon).

Ironically, it was a route one goal. We should have won it, but simply do not have the firepower to convert possession into goals.

We badly missed Johnson’s attacking creativity, Sahin, Gerrard and Allen do not look like they are a winning midfield three. The Coloccini sending off was right, the ref did well. Downing exasperates. Shelvey squandering the chance at the end of the game was indicative of too many players who are not quite good enough.

Best moment of the game? When the sprinkler system went on accidentally and doused some fans in the front few rows!

Bollocks. You wouldn't know Anfield even if you were parachuted on to Walton Breck Rd with a road map, sat nav and a photo of the kop, you complete and utter phony.

How the fuck did we manage to break Joe Allen?

Him, Gerrard, Sahin...fuuuuck me. *shakes head*

And how in the name of fuzzy fuck does Gerrard retain corner duties when he hits the first man almost every fucking time he takes one? Really? FUCKNG REALLY? A corner Steven, it's a corner kick, get under the ball and increase the chances of the ball hitting the chest of the opposition defender at the front post, just lean back a fraction, give your team mates a fucking chance of scoring.

It's like we prefer not winning, just love letting millions of people down every week. Come on.

29592891.jpg

We'll struggle with only Suarez scoring. And anyone thinking we're gonna get a couple of excellent strikers in the january window who bang em in for fun to rescue our season are in for a rude awakening.

As to the fanbase, they want young players in then you get code saying downing did more when he came on than sterling all game. You have clowns in the ground telling sterling and wisdom to 'fuck off' when they make a mistake. You have idots slagging off suso after a quite brilliant piece of ball skill to beat a man then put in a wayward pass soon after.

I agree with the first paragraph, but thinks that your second insults your fellow supporters.

One home league win by November is disgraceful for ANY Liverpool Football Club side. Supporters shelling out £45+ a game are fully entitled to voice their dissatisfaction. I was at the game today. If Shelvey had been as skilful as Downing when he laid on that chance towards the end we would have won. Sterling is a favourite who makes mistakes, Wisdom was out of position a bit today ( although no more so than Johnson habitually is, it sjust that a few good forward runs induce collective amnesia in some).Both have everyone's backing- that doesn't mean you can't moan though. The Kop always has given stick for mistakes- nothing new there.