You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

NBA 2012/2013 Discussion Thread

Carradona

Couldn't find the other thread, so I'm starting my own one. New season started off last night with three games.

As a Celtics fan, we had a tough start up against the Heat. Never really looked like we were going to win, mainly because of the typically below-average defense. Need to get Bradley back as soon as possible because he will be a big help with regards to that.

I was already sick of the sight if the Heat (especially that fucking chump Wade) after about 5 minutes of the first quarter. He's already trash-talked, saying that rondo was a 'punk' for an apparent 'closeline'. Dick.

Didn't stay up for the Mavs-Lakers game.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ESPN UK lost the rights (probably wouldn't stump up the cash) to show the NFL Monday night game, so I'd assume it is the same case with the NBA this season. It's pretty much the only thing I had ESPN for, as I would go to the pub to watch Liverpool any time we were on that channel.

Signed up to that NBA Game Pass free week trial thing yesterday and I have to say it is a very impressive piece of kit. Every single game is streamed in HD, and then you can go on the next day and watch the full game or game recaps too. You can even watch 4 games on your screen at the same time, which could be handy when the playoffs come along! It's quite pricey, but I might fork out for it seeing as ESPN UK are being stingy cunts.

I might get it for the playoffs.

I have the NFL version but have issues with my laptop and with the twats at the NFL.I lost my bank card and as the last payment didn't go through they want me to just give them the details over the net.As if I'm going to just type my details into a instant message style help desk,how am I supposed to know how JoseB is.

The can screw themselves as I won't be getting it again.

Harden is going to make all-star this year, his production from a starting berth? He's going to tear it up. I like him now he's not at OKC...

The Cavs game on opening night was good, watched all of that and popped in and out of the first half of the Heat/Celtics game. Kyrie is a quality player and rookie Waiters at SG looks to fit with him perfectly.

Lakers suck right now, we're playing starters for 35-40 minutes and that's with Howard and Bryant still recovering from injuries. The bench is weak, defence isn't clicking and the offence is far from ready. 25 TOs last night!

This guy's channel is great for team highlights.

JBH76ybuHiY

Yeah, he pretty much was. A large part at least. Jamison at SF, MWP at SG!? and other horrible ideas, like Blake guarding SGs. Short rotations. Zero defensive organisation yet that was meant to be his strength. Playing injured stars 40+ minutes back to back. Playing Nash in rotations that saw the ball out of his hands and demanding the likes of Metta, Pau and Ebanks to cut, dribble and create their own shots... the guy's bench rotation is so inconsistent as well, last year we had Guadelock showing potential then he never played again, even vets like Murphy and McRoberts would do well one game and then not break three minutes for weeks afterwards.

We still lack athleticism but had an opportunity to add that in the summer with CDR. Right now we've Morris as the only bench guy running the floor in transition because Meeks isn't even getting in the game.

• 1 month later...

Everyone's six games ahead of the Lakers. Stayed up and watched the Cavs game, wish we had an Irving to run with Kobe right now. Duhon has done well in spurts but when Morris is off his game (which is often) it just asks too much of him and his game suffers as a result.

At least the bench is working now, really need to replace a guard and dump Ebanks (ideally getting another bench scorer like CDR who can sub for Kobe).

Haven't watched the Warriors yet but the Grizzlies, Cavs and Bucks are all worth a watch.

• 1 month later...

Enjoyed Pistons/Knicks for my first taste of live NBA. Bynum kept things interesting, sort of. Anthony had a poor fourth quarter but then rather than keep their own scores ticking over the Pistons took a couple of stupid 3pt efforts and lost momentum. Drummond showed his talent in the second quarter.

If any of you were wondering about going, I'd recommend going for it next time. Expensive tickets, but well worth the money for a one-off.

Oh yeah, it was at the start for sure. It was a pretty sloppy game with zero tension so there wasn't much to get the crowd up and considering the number of neutrals (a lot of Knicks fans, but most of those were probably people who just picked a team for the night) not a big surprise.

Don't think you can really compare the economy of travelling half way around the world and watching a game to catching a showpiece event over here. Cost £62 for tickets on the third level, got a good view near the front of the stand in line with the baseline. Had some laughs and enjoyed the game despite the near line-to-line nature of the game (mainly thanks to Bynum putting together some moves). Better than going to watch Arsenal as well (although the number of their players sat around not giving a shit it felt like the Emirates...).

The Pistons have talent in that side but zero belief. The gulf in confidence when Prince and Amare gave a little thank you speech before tip off was incredible really. Unless Monroe gets it together to realise a bit of his potential they are aren't going anywhere fast. I suspect they are happy with waiting for the draft at this point which is a shame.