You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sky Offer

He's been home a couple of days now, back down to earth and looking to be helpful around the house...

Me I'll tell you what you could do

Him I don't like the sound of this

Me Well you might not but what about ringing Sky and seeing if you can renegotiate our package. They've been advertising some great deals on the tv

Him But that's just for new customers..

Me How much do you think we're paying them? Over £1000 a year

Him I thought it was about 40quid. And I'll say that I'm thinking of moving to Virgin

Me Yeah that's a good idea

Him Well, I'll just go and sort this thing I've got to do and then I'll ring them

Watch this space!...............

Loyal customer, my request was sincere and I told them (wasn't a lie although they wouldn't know that) that I have no problem with their service but my financial situation has changed.

Same. I'm guessing that the person we got didnt have any room for manoeuvre on their monthly targets. Based on others' experiences I have to remain confident at this stage

No. I got offered the 12 months straight away.

They have the authority to give 12 months but some will try and fob you off with 6. There's a long thread about this on MSE with advice and prompts for what to say at each stage.

Not a chance we'll get offered 12 months straight away....this is Scotland

MSE. Had to think about that for a moment. Whatever happened to BSE, though? We were all going to die of that not so long ago

Money Saving Expert, that Lewis guy.

He's a bastard for spam but his site is well worth bookmarking.

Sorry. I got it straightaway...just hadn't seen it written like that before...hence the comment. It's probably one of the first sites I go to if I'm looking for info/advice re better deals for stuff

Based on this thread I got my mum to phone up and cancel their subscription. She wasn't offered anything over the phone, and two and a bit weeks later has yet to have a call. She has, however, been emailed a questionnaire asking her for her reasons for cancelling. Has everyone else been sent this? I really want this to work, as much for the fact that my brother thinks I'm talking out of my arse as saving her money.

Based on this thread I got my mum to phone up and cancel their subscription. She wasn't offered anything over the phone, and two and a bit weeks later has yet to have a call. She has, however, been emailed a questionnaire asking her for her reasons for cancelling. Has everyone else been sent this? I really want this to work, as much for the fact that my brother thinks I'm talking out of my arse as saving her money.

Its all about being patient.

They may have hit their targets for this month but who knows.

There will be nothing worse if she resubscribes at full whack and then they start sending offers out again.

Fill in the questionnaire and see if it helps speed things up.

I had exactly the same email mate, ignore it!

Just wait and they will come back to you I promise.

You and me both

I had it and replied ensuring that wherever I could put us leaving down to cost etc I did.

Would recommend doing the survey.