You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sky Offer

Just a heads up to everyone who's on sky;

I have had sky for years but last year I phoned up to cancel because I never watched it, except for BBC and the odd match on SLY sports.

Anyway, a couple of weeks after I cancelled (before the sky actually went off due to the month in advance) they called me up to ask if I would like to come back to sky for a year on half the price. I accepted the deal, then they informed me I could add any other packages (movies etc) for half price also.

There was one catch, If I didnt cancel within the half price year I would automatically be put on a 12 month full price deal.

Anyway, the half price year finishes next month so I called them up to cancel again, explained that I dont want to pay full whack again. They arranged to cancel.

They called me the next day and offered me another year on the same half price deal I was on before so that will be two full years on half price!

Get on it all you mofo's who are paying full whack. Bear in mind I actually went through with it and gave my notice to cancel before they offered me the deal.

Just spoke with Sky, very reluctant to offer anything more than dropping the line rental to £3 a month.

Got the impression they thought I'd back down so I gave them the 31 days notice to cancel the telly tonight.

We'll see if they get back to me with a better deal now.

They always do,just be patient and stand your ground.

We done the same about 6 months ago and they called up about 4 days before it was due to go and offered us half price on our current package for 12 months, saving us £23 per month.

We will do it again when this deal stops and if they don't we'll switch to Freesat HD.

Ive just put a Humax freesat box in for my nan, she had sky but only ever watched BBC but didnt want to cancel because she is obsessed with the record and pause functions of sky+!

Humax do a box with record and pause functions the same as sky+, the box itself is nice and it's easy to use with a nice menu etc. Couldn't recommend them enough.

We have a Humax in our bedroom which has been superb for 2 years so if we do eventually move to Freesat I am totally confident that the Humax equipment will be fine.

When we first bought it though I was very sceptical as it's not a brand you would recognise but like you, couldn't recommend them highly enough.

Just a heads up to everyone who's on sky;

I have had sky for years but last year I phoned up to cancel because I never watched it, except for BBC and the odd match on SLY sports.

Anyway, a couple of weeks after I cancelled (before the sky actually went off due to the month in advance) they called me up to ask if I would like to come back to sky for a year on half the price. I accepted the deal, then they informed me I could add any other packages (movies etc) for half price also.

There was one catch, If I didnt cancel within the half price year I would automatically be put on a 12 month full price deal.

Anyway, the half price year finishes next month so I called them up to cancel again, explained that I dont want to pay full whack again. They arranged to cancel.

They called me the next day and offered me another year on the same half price deal I was on before so that will be two full years on half price!

Get on it all you mofo's who are paying full whack. Bear in mind I actually went through with it and gave my notice to cancel before they offered me the deal.

What package do you have mate.

Currently I have every regular channel plus movies, sports and ESPN, HD, multiroom, broadband and free evening and weekend calls I think it is.

Costs me £113.50.

Currently I have every regular channel plus movies' date=' sports and ESPN, HD, multiroom, broadband and free evening and weekend calls I think it is.

Costs me £113.50.[/quote']

I have the exact same and it pisses me off that new customers get HD boxes even if they don't subscribe to it (it's just if they do in the future they already have the equipment installed), yet I've paid a fortune for years and been quoted £200 to replace my multiroom box from the old white sky plus one to a basic HD one.

Currently I have every regular channel plus movies, sports and ESPN, HD, multiroom, broadband and free evening and weekend calls I think it is.

Costs me £113.50.

How many rooms have you got there, C?

Sounds like we have the same package (just one room multiroom) bar ESPN and are paying around 90 odd, it fluctuates depending on how many out of package phone calls we make.

Its still a lot of money and I'm tempted to try to the cancellation thing.

Would they accept Carly as a new customer if its the same address? (I always expect they'll catch me out somehow)

Guest San Don

Use topcashback and you can get an existing subscribers upgrade to HD, Fibre broadband (if available in your area) with about £150 sheets back to you and a £25 M&S voucher to the woman in yer life.

Guest San Don

Sounds like we have the same package (just one room multiroom) bar ESPN and are paying around 90 odd, it fluctuates depending on how many out of package phone calls we make.

Would they accept Carly as a new customer if its the same address? (I always expect they'll catch me out somehow)

Dont think changing of name would cut it. Im sure they use the address as the driver.

I have the exact same and it pisses me off that new customers get HD boxes even if they don't subscribe to it (it's just if they do in the future they already have the equipment installed), yet I've paid a fortune for years and been quoted £200 to replace my multiroom box from the old white sky plus one to a basic HD one.

Do you have a HD box in the front room already mate?

I had the HD+ box in the front room and got a HD (non recordable box) for the bedroom free off sky.

Just one room.

It's a rented flat/rooms so with a month maybe two break I can't see how they'd be able to say no.

Just one room.

It's a rented flat/rooms so with a month maybe two break I can't see how they'd be able to say no.

Well that sounds like a lot of money for ESPN, then

And just how do you think you'll manage without Sky for a couple of months, huh? If you're prepared to be patient it does sound as if you've every chance of being offered a reduction. Or do they know they are the sole supplier in your area?

Well that sounds like a lot of money for ESPN, then

And just how do you think you'll manage without Sky for a couple of months, huh? If you're prepared to be patient it does sound as if you've every chance of being offered a reduction. Or do they know they are the sole supplier in your area?

One room plus one multiroom is what I meant sorry, ESPN is an extra tenner a month.

We can't get Virgin where we are so they do have an advantage with that but I'm prepared to wait them out.

Guest San Don

Nah mate. Sign up to TCB and use this link existing customer upgrade

Even if you dont use this link, on onto sky, look up offers and you should be able to upgrade to an HD box free if taking an HD package. They wont give you a free upgrade HD box if that's all you want though.

One room plus one multiroom is what I meant sorry, ESPN is an extra tenner a month.

I knew thats what you meant. Just looking back through the thread I looks like your package also includes line rental (ours is with BT) and that would explain the price difference.

I'd have to get Carly signed up pretty pronto though before she changes her name with the bank.

Fuck, there's loads of shit like this I havn't even thought of!

A word of caution...our Sky package is our only bill in Mr Champ's name and it drives me nuts as they will only deal with him and not me which in your situation may not always be straightforward if you need to speak to them.

Which is my problem, Mr C's skills do not lie in trying to maximise our resources, shall we say. and I am sure we could sort out a better deal than we currently have

I knew thats what you meant. Just looking back through the thread I looks like your package also includes line rental (ours is with BT) and that would explain the price difference.

A word of caution...our Sky package is our only bill in Mr Champ's name and it drives me nuts as they will only deal with him and not me which in your situation may not always be straightforward if you need to speak to them.

Which is my problem, Mr C's skills do not lie in trying to maximise our resources, shall we say. and I am sure we could sort out a better deal than we currently have

All he needs to do is next time he calls them tell Sky he wants you authorised to deal with the account. It's really straight forward.

EDIT: Yeah line rental is in that too.