You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sky Offer

What's the best deal anyone has on sky or virgin?

Sky tried fucking me over when my current deal runs out end of the month.

Currently have;

2 HD boxes

All packages

All sports (bar BT)

All Movies

Phone &

Shite broadband.

Was paying £76 but they're saying best they can do is just under £100 and I've had deals with them for years. Attitude was almost, you've fucked us over for long enough so we won't play ball.

Virgin have a massive recruitment drive in the area at the moment and offered me;

2 V6 boxes

Sports

Movies

BT Sport

All channels

Phone &

200meg broadband for £85.

You need the five step program, Col.

1 - Cancel Sky and find the best deal you can for fibre broadband.

2 - Spend £40-£70 on a decent Android Box

3 - Install Kodi, TerrariumTV and all the terrestrial TV internet apps. iPlayer, 4OD, etc.

4 - Subscribe to one of the paid sports streaming sites. £25-£60 every six months.

5 - Be pleased with yourself because you're not getting ripped off for watching telly anymore.

• Upvote 1

I've got Sky Q, a Q mini for the bedroom, Fibre Broadband and phone for £55 a month. I used to be techy and watch stuff for "free" but once the child came along it was a bit of a pain keeping things updated or not having tv shows immediately available. I was quoted £75 originally but said no and lo and behold 2 minutes later they dropped to £55.

Obviously there are cheaper methods out there but I'm (almost) happy to pay for the convenience. I was put off Q by some horror stories about it being sh*t, but I think I've only had to reboot the Q box twice in 5 months.

I've no idea how fast or not the broadband is, but it's well better than when I had plusnet - the two mini boxes are supposed to act as wifi boosters or something. Never a problem for Sky online, Netflix etc etc.

I've just done it, what do i get?

All sorts dependant...ah ROTOQ has used that joke already. Free movie is the first one and then I believe monthly they'll be giving away tickets to various sporting events on a first come first served basis. Missed out on the Arsenal visit this time but looking there were Rugby and cricket tickets also.

I've got Sky Q, a Q mini for the bedroom, Fibre Broadband and phone for £55 a month. I used to be techy and watch stuff for "free" but once the child came along it was a bit of a pain keeping things updated or not having tv shows immediately available. I was quoted £75 originally but said no and lo and behold 2 minutes later they dropped to £55.

Obviously there are cheaper methods out there but I'm (almost) happy to pay for the convenience. I was put off Q by some horror stories about it being sh*t, but I think I've only had to reboot the Q box twice in 5 months.

I've no idea how fast or not the broadband is, but it's well better than when I had plusnet - the two mini boxes are supposed to act as wifi boosters or something. Never a problem for Sky online, Netflix etc etc.

Which TV package do you have ? HD? Sports? Movies? or just basic?

Just basic, which is a lot of TV. I used to have Sports but binned that off as I hardly watch any footy these days. And Movies - well, I guess some people like it, but at the moment I've got about 40 films recorded on my box, plus Netflix, it's not like I need another place to access films!

• 2 years later...

Sorry for bumping an old thread but what's the current SP with getting any deals off Sky? Are they doing any or are they just fucking people off take it or leave it? Ive negotiated deals off them before but does the old 'give us a wedge off or Im cancelling' still work?

Yeah, yeah, I know there's IPTV and other shit but I dont want to stream all proggies and sports through the tv's. Neither do I want shitloads of subscriptions to Netflix, Amazon and the rest.

So, Sky have me by the bollocks for their content for all in the household. It's either renew with a discount, pay the full wedge or go Now Tv for the Sport.

29 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Sorry for bumping an old thread but what's the current SP with getting any deals off Sky? Are they doing any or are they just fucking people off take it or leave it? Ive negotiated deals off them before but does the old 'give us a wedge off or Im cancelling' still work?

Yeah, yeah, I know there's IPTV and other shit but I dont want to stream all proggies and sports through the tv's. Neither do I want shitloads of subscriptions to Netflix, Amazon and the rest.

So, Sky have me by the bollocks for their content for all in the household. It's either renew with a discount, pay the full wedge or go Now Tv for the Sport.

If you’re serious about just using Now TV for the sport then you’ve got nothing to lose by threatening to leave and seeing what they come back with before it actually lapses. Have a look at new customer deals with BT & Virgin as well. 

But you should get IPTV. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/06/2020 at 17:09, dockers_strike said:

How did you get on? You can usually get a decent deal when you actually cancel.