You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sky Offer

It would seam the card sharing / open box scam is coming to an end , a lot of channels have disappeared due to sky changing encryptions and switching transponders

Going to get a test line for iptv and see how it goes , my satellite broadband isn't that great so don't hold out too much hope 

Won't be paying murdoch any more money though , he can lick my balls 

It would seam the card sharing / open box scam is coming to an end , a lot of channels have disappeared due to sky changing encryptions and switching transponders

Going to get a test line for iptv and see how it goes , my satellite broadband isn't that great so don't hold out too much hope

Won't be paying murdoch any more money though , he can lick my balls

You can get the channels that have been encrypted on sky Ireland still.

But yes it would seem they are clamping down on it sky sports box office has gone so the fight wasn't available at all.

Had an email of my card share supplier yesterday saying that it's pretty much coming to an end he's setting up IPTV which will cost £10 a month.

The box he recommends is a Mag 254 which is £70 on eBay you can also record off it with a memory stick I've priced them up on ebay for a 2 TB for 11 quid

They are working on a fix, but they don't know if and when that will happen yet. You can just point your dish to 19.2, or even better get a moving dish and a box like a V8 Super. IPTV is obviously another solution, but I would get a VPN if you're going down that path.

Had an email of my card share supplier yesterday saying that it's pretty much coming to an end he's setting up IPTV which will cost £10 a month.

The box he recommends is a Mag 254 which is £70 on eBay you can also record off it with a memory stick I've priced them up on ebay for a 2 TB for 11 quid

A usb memory stick/flash drive? 2TB for £11 is not possible and will be fake/dodgy.

• 2 weeks later...

Sky really are a bunch of cunts.

Both boxes died this week at exactly the same time so it's obviously a problem with the dish/cabling. 

Ring up sky and tell them I've gone all through their trouble fixing advice, rebooted the boxes etc and can I book an engineer. The prick on the phone then tells me he can't book an engineer until I've gone through all the trouble shooting stages with him on the phone.

So quarter of an hour later he finally tells me he can book an engineer but it'll cost me £65 as the boxes are out of guarantee, or I can take out an insurance scheme that'll add £10 a month to my bill.

He insists nothing can be done about this and they won't send anyone out without payment. Tell him to put me through to cancellations - tell the woman to end all my telly, phone and internet and she then says I can have an engineer for free as a one off as a gesture of goodwill.

Cunt can't come out till next Saturday though.

• 1 month later...

Sky really are a bunch of cunts.

Both boxes died this week at exactly the same time so it's obviously a problem with the dish/cabling. 

Ring up sky and tell them I've gone all through their trouble fixing advice, rebooted the boxes etc and can I book an engineer. The prick on the phone then tells me he can't book an engineer until I've gone through all the trouble shooting stages with him on the phone.

So quarter of an hour later he finally tells me he can book an engineer but it'll cost me £65 as the boxes are out of guarantee, or I can take out an insurance scheme that'll add £10 a month to my bill.

He insists nothing can be done about this and they won't send anyone out without payment. Tell him to put me through to cancellations - tell the woman to end all my telly, phone and internet and she then says I can have an engineer for free as a one off as a gesture of goodwill.

Cunt can't come out till next Saturday though.

Jib it off

Sky actually sent me a discount in the post with my new one going to expire soon. Don't even have to ring them up. No coincidence that given that Virgin has recently moved in round here for the first time. That said, I'll be ringing anyway and pushing for more. Anyone got any experience of Virgin TV and broadband?

Sky actually sent me a discount in the post with my new one going to expire soon. Don't even have to ring them up. No coincidence that given that Virgin has recently moved in round here for the first time. That said, I'll be ringing anyway and pushing for more. Anyone got any experience of Virgin TV and broadband?

I had Virgin BB & TV, but much prefer the EPG for Sky so I switched back.  However, the Broadband with Virgin is unrivalled for speed and when my current deal with Sky broadband is up, I will be switching to Virgin fibre as they offer up to 300mb.