You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sky Offer

Che

Depends on how you do it mate. The boxes are around £80 to buy, and then you can install everything yourself following this sort of guide:

Then you'd need to buy the 'line'. From what I've read/seen, eBay lines can be a bit flaky, in that the line goes down and the sellers disappear.

Or, you can buy one fully set up with the line (subscription) included for about £180 (that's for twin tuners - so you can record). I'm not sure how much this fella charges for the line only but I've been watching this page for quite a few weeks and found them to be quick to respond to any problems people have and very knowledgeable. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1554631864838536/

I think both those links are from here, somewhere in this thread.

Cheers.  Something I'm defo looking into. 

Copyrighted material has been shared using your broadband connection

Sky, along with other internet service providers is supporting the ‘Get it Right from a Genuine Site’ initiative. This initiative aims to support Britain’s creative industry by helping to reduce copyrighted material being shared illegally and to promote accessing genuine sources for legal content.

We've been informed by owners of copyrighted material that the content below has been shared and uploaded without their permission and we need your help to prevent this happening again.

Here’s a summary of what’s been passed on to us:

On 02/04/17 at 07:04 SING (2016) was shared using your Sky Broadband connection.

Reference of shared content:

What Next?

You can find out more about what this means and get details of all the copyrighted material, by visiting the Get It Right Information Portal. Here, you'll find help on how to prevent the sharing of copyrighted material in the future.

To help protect your broadband connection from phishing and malware-infected sites, which may include peer-to-peer websites, make sure you have Sky Broadband Shield switched on. This tool gives you control over the type of websites you can access with Sky Broadband.

Before you access the Portal, you'll need to sign in with your Sky iD username

The Sky Team

Anybody else had anything like this from sky?

I didn't download that by the way.

Maybe sky should lower their prices. It's the same shitty programmes on at the same time day after day after day. Netflix is what 7 quid a month and it's got far more stuff worth watching as time goes on. Sky not only charges you a fortune but then has the cheek to having a fucking sky store and PPV for content that should be part of the original bill. There's only so many episodes of fucking Simpson's, Alaskan bush people and all that bollocks you can stomach. Soon as my cheap sky contract is done that's that.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone still paying for sky sports & BT should be right

on the phone now to give them the 1 months notice to cancel. I've been doing it for years and I currently pay £42 pm and that includes all the sports, movies as well as the LFC channel all in hd. Mines not up for renewal now till September due to them calling my bluff and cancelling it all through the summer but there's fuck all on anyway other than yachting or golf or other shite so I never missed anything of note but they came back to me 3 times last summer and I held out till I got it all for less than 50% off. I'll be right onto them as soon as it's due up to try and get it even cheaper next time as although I've now got kodi, it's a pain in the arse trying to get a decent stream whenever we're on.

Well worth phoning to cancel now tho and if you don't get 50% until the end of next season now, hang on signing back up with them till before next season starts and they'll be throwing deals at you until you get the right one

on the phone now to give them the 1 months notice to cancel. I've been doing it for years and I currently pay £42 pm and that includes all the sports, movies as well as the LFC channel all in hd. Mines not up for renewal now till September due to them calling my bluff and cancelling it all through the summer but there's fuck all on anyway other than yachting or golf or other shite so I never missed anything of note but they came back to me 3 times last summer and I held out till I got it all for less than 50% off. I'll be right onto them as soon as it's due up to try and get it even cheaper next time as although I've now got kodi, it's a pain in the arse trying to get a decent stream whenever we're on.

Well worth phoning to cancel now tho and if you don't get 50% until the end of next season now, hang on signing back up with them till before next season starts and they'll be throwing deals at you until you get the right one

£26 for 6 months of sportsmania(or other paid options) gives you every Liverpool game. Also have films and tv boxsets on there.£52 a year over £42 a month is a bit of a no brainer in my view.

Well they should be right on the phone to cancel, telling them to fuck off with the laughably extortionate cut price, getting themselves an open box and paying £15 a year for every channel including box office fights.

Sent from my B1-770 using Tapatalk

£26 for 6 months of sportsmania(or other paid options) gives you every Liverpool game. Also have films and tv boxsets on there.£52 a year over £42 a month is a bit of a no brainer in my view.

To be fair that's hardly comparing apples with apples though is it?

Big difference in terms of hardware, stability and convenience.

I'm not saying that it's not worth doing, just pointing out that there's more to it than that.

To be fair that's hardly comparing apples with apples though is it?

Big difference in terms of hardware, stability and convenience.

I'm not saying that it's not worth doing, just pointing out that there's more to it than that.

Yeah this is why I still pay Sky. I have the basic TV package and normal broadband on a 30% off deal but having a 5-year-old, I need the kids stuff (which is very good on Sky IMO) and I need him to be able to access it himself, which he's only started to learn. The paid sub to a sports site though is a no brainer. 

Yeah this is why I still pay Sky. I have the basic TV package and normal broadband on a 30% off deal but having a 5-year-old, I need the kids stuff (which is very good on Sky IMO) and I need him to be able to access it himself, which he's only started to learn. The paid sub to a sports site though is a no brainer.

I've got the full package on 30% off. I also have a paid sports sub for the BT games and Saturday 3pms etc. The paid one is fine but not all HD and also not always stable (I couldn't watch the Real v Bayern game the other night for instance).

I've got a 6 year old lad and agree with you on the Kids stuff, there's loads of choice and my lad knows how to find everything himself.

At the end of the day it all comes down to affordability. I'm lucky in the sense that I can afford it so i'm happy to pay for the convenience.

Just held Virgin Media to ransom by telling them I was fucking off to Sky. Gave them my 30 days notice and their retention team called me yesterday.

Was offered:

200 Meg Broadband

Big House TV with BT Sport

Weekend/evening free calls

V6 VM box free and no install charge

Superhub 3.0 free and no install charge

£50 p/m for 12 months.

Bit their hand off.

Gave my notice into Sky last week. Have got a 50% off for 12 months offer sat in my account but tried to get a Sky Q box thrown in for good measure (they are giving them to new customers) but they wouldn't play ball.

Going to wait now until mid May before I take the 50%, see if they come back to me and I can try to get the Sky Q.