You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sky Offer

Looks like Sky is losing all the Discovery channels from Wednesday unless they can sort out a deal before then. That included the Eurosport channels, which is bad news if you like snooker and cycling, among other things

It's because Sky are asking for an extortionate amount from Discovery who rightly refuse to pay it. Discovery channels have been openly saying on their channels for customers to call Sky directly and ask for reasons why and to reverse their decision.

It's because Sky are asking for an extortionate amount from Discovery who rightly refuse to pay it. Discovery channels have been openly saying on their channels for customers to call Sky directly and ask for reasons why and to reverse their decision.

Isn't it sky who pay Discovery money for there channels?

Basically, Discovery want £1billion from Sky but have been told to fuck off. Sky offered a few hundred million but Discovery think they should be getting a shit load more yet Sky think they have been overpaying them as it is and this £1billion demand is taking the piss.

Basically, Discovery want £1billion from Sky but have been told to fuck off. Sky offered a few hundred million but Discovery think they should be getting a shit load more yet Sky think they have been overpaying them as it is and this £1billion demand is taking the piss.

Got to say that the Discovery package,documentaries etc,is the one we watch the most seeing as we dont have any sports channels in our package.

So will my sky bill be reduced for having less content.

The sky q remote control is shit.

I haven't used the new Sky Q remote since the 1st week of having it, its shocking, all you need to do is put the remote down and next thing you know you've rewound it 20 minutes, it's terrible. I use the spare one they give you.

If they do disappear I'll be haggling my price down. There seems to have been some success according to this.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/protect/2017/01/sky-tv-customers-could-lose-13-channels-amid-discovery-row---your-rights-if-affected

Just get a zgemma box for 60 quid and a 15 quid line off ebay that'll cover who for the year for all channels, including all the extra sport channels that charge a monthly fee and big box office fight s.

Don't pay 150 quid for a fully loaded box, its simple to do yourself with step by step instructions online.

Sky are fucking laughing at people who think they're getting a bargain ans still paying them extortionate fees on a minthly basis

e4238cade995fe531d6205be7c42d2bf.jpg

2f5548e085e4d5e9b38f852ae063e2b0.jpg

Royal rumble, what did they charge for that? 20 quid or so, laughable

Just get a zgemma box for 60 quid and a 15 quid line off ebay that'll cover who for the year for all channels, including all the extra sport channels that charge a monthly fee and big box office fight s.

Don't pay 150 quid for a fully loaded box, its simple to do yourself with step by step instructions online.

Sky are fucking laughing at people who think they're getting a bargain ans still paying them extortionate fees on a minthly basis

Seriously thinking about getting one of these when our sky deal runs out around June time

What is the difference between the versions on their website:

http://www.zgemma.co.uk/twin-sat-tuner

And then all I have to do is get a subscription from ebay?

Sounds too easy...

Seriously thinking about getting one of these when our sky deal runs out around June time

What is the difference between the versions on their website:

http://www.zgemma.co.uk/twin-sat-tuner

And then all I have to do is get a subscription from ebay?

Sounds too easy...

Be daft not too tbh. Its complete madness paying the fees sky ask for even if they're offering 90 percent off its still extortionate. The odd time your line will go down before the year is out but within one month youre making massive savings anyway

Can't really answer your questions about the difference in those boxes with much certainty. Have a gander at the many zgemna forums and you'll find out all you need to know. You'll need to learn how to flash a box and put a line in but this could be done by a ten year old with instructions found online.

It is easy, very easy which makes it bonkers to pay monthly for shit tv. As the pic shows, my tv guide is even a clone of sky digital and you can buy hard drives to record, series link etc to make them like sky plus.

Do you get HD channels?

You get the free-to-air ones, but not Sky. I think you get the BT Sports ones as well. I'm currently looking at this and planning to bin Sky off entirely.

My understanding is that you plug your Sky cables in, and the box decodes the signals. The Sky HD ones are encrypted so they can't get decode them at the moment.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry mate, missed your response there! Yeah, just the HD channels from Sky which you get, but in standard definition. Which is fine.

I'm cancelling Sky right now, and the Zgemma is arriving any day now. I"m sure it'll take some getting used to, but my TV only package was over £90 a month with multi room and HD. The gave me 30% off last year, and I'm paying £77.50 right now.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm officially out of contract with Sky in a few days. I've had the Zgemma box plugged in for the best part of a week and it's going well so far. IPTV area is excellent.

The interface is EXACTLY like Sky TV. The only difference at the moment is that series linking programs is a bit less user friendly. That being said, I've only got a 32gb USB stick in the back at the moment. I'll be giving it a while longer before I invest in a dedicated external hard drive for it.

So far, so excellent.

I'm officially out of contract with Sky in a few days. I've had the Zgemma box plugged in for the best part of a week and it's going well so far. IPTV area is excellent.

The interface is EXACTLY like Sky TV. The only difference at the moment is that series linking programs is a bit less user friendly. That being said, I've only got a 32gb USB stick in the back at the moment. I'll be giving it a while longer before I invest in a dedicated external hard drive for it.

So far, so excellent.

I cancelled with them yesterday and am currently in the 30 day cancellation period.  I wanted Sky Q, but they're not playing ball over the prices, so I served my notice.

I need an alternative, so how much has it set you back?  I hated Virgin when I had that, so will defo not be going with them.  I'll have to purchase two as I need one for upstairs, so just trying to ballpark what my outlay will be.

Depends on how you do it mate. The boxes are around £80 to buy, and then you can install everything yourself following this sort of guide:

Then you'd need to buy the 'line'. From what I've read/seen, eBay lines can be a bit flaky, in that the line goes down and the sellers disappear.

Or, you can buy one fully set up with the line (subscription) included for about £180 (that's for twin tuners - so you can record). I'm not sure how much this fella charges for the line only but I've been watching this page for quite a few weeks and found them to be quick to respond to any problems people have and very knowledgeable. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1554631864838536/

I think both those links are from here, somewhere in this thread.

• Upvote 1