You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sky Offer

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone signed up for the sky Q box?

Worth it?

I think it's rip off myself. If you are half way through a programme, you can stop watching on the main telly and carry on watching it on your ipad or spare telly. That's the main feature. Theres a shiny new menu and a few other bits and pieces but that's more or less it. Oh and it's 4k ready even though theres no 4k channels yet. And most people havent got 4k tellys. 

I'm seriously considering jibbing mine off... Like actually this time... Not just to get the offer. What is the best discount anyone has been offered recently?

I waited until day 28 and was offered 50% for 12 months. A month later I fucked it all off and haven't missed it in the 18 months since.

I think I'd take a 50% offer actually... I like Sky's customer services and their broadband has always been fairly reliable but the TV is too pricey for my liking. Already do the £4 a month sports via Kodi, so that's not an isue. If I could get the rest for about £25 all in (ie broadband and the basic TV package), I'd be happy enough.  Maybe even a new box might help

• 4 weeks later...

Stopped the subscription 2 months ago when my 50% off deal ended. Was offered 35% off but declined. Got a letter offering 50% off followed a week later by one offering 60% off for the year plus £25 credit which I took.

Didn't offer me anything like that the tight cunts. Was paying them £110 a month as well. With Virgin now with a far better deal so fuck em'

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just been on to these chumps as I needed one of my multi rooms turned off. after a loooooooooooooooong discussion because they had the multi room I wanted to turn off as my main HD box (WTF!?) we got that sorted so I asked for a discount as my last one ran out over 12 months ago.

The blert first offered me a couple of quid off which I said no I think we can do better than that so he comes back with £19 a month discount for 6 months and £11 quid off for 6 months after that. Sounded good so said Id go for it only then he said I could have both!

I repeated what he'd said about the offers but said no he could only give the £19 off for 6 months. Bit of discussion and I ok and ask for my then amount payable. He gives me a figure about a tenner less than Im paying now!

So I said that's wrong, Ive turned off a multi room (£12) and youve just given me a 19 quid discount for 6 months, how come my fee has only gone down a tenner?

He then says Ive already got discounts so cant give me the 19 quid. I ask what discounts are these because they're new to me! He said I had £150 sent to me for introducing someone to sky. Yeah i said, that's spent so its no longer on the account.

I need to talk to my manager he says.

Anyway, Im not sure whether Ive got all my packages after this blert's had his hand on my account and Im beginning to wonder if its worth it. I think Ive got a 19 quid discount for 6 months!

Spoke to them this afternoon an told them to either reduce the cost for the exact same package or fuck off.

The wife had spoke to Virgin earlier and reckons they offered the exact same deal, basically everything plus movies and sports, for £61 a month.

Now I don't for a second think she insisted on two HD boxes, only a 12 month contract and all the other bits we had with sky.

Gave me a number to argue with though.

Their first offer was £101:30. Told him to fuck off and Virgin offered me £61 a month including BT Sport and better broadband.

He came back after speaking to his boss offering me £100:90. When I'd finished laughing he told me that was a 25% discount guaranteed for 5 years.

Again told him to fuck off and told him Virgin had offered same package at £61 a month not the £67 I had been paying, no way was I going up to £100.

Prick then started going on about "you do realise you're only guaranteed BT sport with virgin for another 9 months"? 

As opposed to spending an extra £15 a month with you lot? (I've not had BT for ages, but this twat didn't know that).

Fuck off and give my notice.

I await a call...

I pay £84.50 that's for the sports and movies TV package, HD and boxsets, multiscreen, fibre broadband, landline and I pay a few quid for anonymous caller reject for the landline. The retention team are crap with the discounts they offer, you have to actually tell them you're cancelling, once you do that log in to your account on the Sky Service app and the first thing you'll see is an offer for 50% off. I saw this on a forum on Martin Lewis's website and I've had the 50% off for three years running. They also gave me a £60 credit when I called back to take the latest 50% discount. They'd obviously rather have my £84.50 than the fuck all they would get if I did go ahead and cancel.

Spoke to them this afternoon an told them to either reduce the cost for the exact same package or fuck off.

The wife had spoke to Virgin earlier and reckons they offered the exact same deal, basically everything plus movies and sports, for £61 a month.

Now I don't for a second think she insisted on two HD boxes, only a 12 month contract and all the other bits we had with sky.

Gave me a number to argue with though.

Their first offer was £101:30. Told him to fuck off and Virgin offered me £61 a month including BT Sport and better broadband.

He came back after speaking to his boss offering me £100:90. When I'd finished laughing he told me that was a 25% discount guaranteed for 5 years.

Again told him to fuck off and told him Virgin had offered same package at £61 a month not the £67 I had been paying, no way was I going up to £100.

Prick then started going on about "you do realise you're only guaranteed BT sport with virgin for another 9 months"? 

As opposed to spending an extra £15 a month with you lot? (I've not had BT for ages, but this twat didn't know that).

Fuck off and give my notice.

I await a call...

Be interesting to see what they do because they've been caned recently for not letting people cancel.