You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sky Offer

They foned me up wanting to know why I cancelled sky sports. I told them I wasn't willing to pay to watch people watch football and tell me about and that sky sports and bt sports together was to expensive.

Verdict: NO DEAL

That's exactly right.  I told them the same.  The content goes down, the price goes up.  If you want the same content as before, it's much dearer.  No chance. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just had a call back from Sky. Offered me 35% of my TV.

Ended up slightly enhancing the offer to get HD back on and access to the box sets on catch up and have ended up with an overall saving of £22pm.

Was staying with them regardless as wife and kids were gonna string me up if I went ahead with the cancellation so happy all round.

• 1 month later...

Cancelled last week and they phoned us back after 3 days.

Offered us half price for 12 months.

I got sports, family, movies, multi room and he for everything bar movies and sports for £41. Could have been 38 had it not been for hd option. I only got he so I could download box sets.

This is the 2nd time we have got 1/2 price 2 years on a row.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

What kind of price are they offering fibre at in the uk? I'm currently in Dubai and checked our options yesterday. We pay about £60 per month for basic tv package (no movies, no sport), phone and broadband (16 down, 1 up). I also pay about £13 a month for the footy on top. If I upgrade to fibre (100 down, 10 up) it would go from £60 a month to £135 per month! Needless to say, they can stick it up their arse.

After being fucked off with paying them twats full wack for years, I decided to phone and cancel. They put me through to retentions who tried talking me into reducing my services to save money. Told them fuck that as I could get virtually the same as I have through them a lot cheaper. They asked who from so I said BT, Amazon, Chromecast etc.

They came back with an offer to save about a fiver. Told them to forget it unless they give me a new HD box and a substantial cut in subscription. They said they'd give me a new HD+ 500 gig box for the same subscription. I asked if that include all the HD channels/ No they said. WTF use is an HD box if the HD channels arent activated?

Anyway, told them the offer wasnt good enough and to cancel my subs. Gave me a load of grief about re connection charges but hung up on them.

10 days later they phoned up and offered

new 500 gig wireless HD+ box

all HD channels activated

half price off  both multi room subscripts for 12 months

reduction in my overall subscription from £82 to £58 a month for 12 months.

Cheeky twats have just increase subscription by £4 a month though.

I'll try this again in 12 months!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Just managed to save £27 off our monthly bill.

I had signed up to a provisional agreement with Virgin for £50 a month for the first 12, then £60 for the remaining 6 so called up Sky to cancel and they trimmed it down to £47 for everything, HD, Sports Phone, Broadband and line rental so very happy with that.

They did initially only take £10 off but after a little "hmmm, we're not really sure" off she trots to get the larger discount authorised.

I called up Sky last night as my half price was ending on 31st August and told them I wanted to cancel as I could not afford the full price. It took an hour on the phone, 15 minutes to get through and then 45 minutes of the guy trying to get me to cancel sport or the movies, I told him they were the only things I watched, then being offered at first 20% off and then when I knocked that back 25% off. I said this was still more than I could afford and that I was going to go ahead and cancel (you get 30 days to change your mind and I thought the win back team might call me like last year and give me the 50% was after). He then said he would speak to his manager to see if he could get me a better offer and after about 10 minutes on hold he came back with 50% off for a year again but this time I would have to agree to a 12 month contract, I had no objections to that as long as I continued to get 50% off. Made up with that, there was no chance I was going to agree to pay £70 per month.

They're obviously desperate to keep their customers as a mate from work got a cracking deal when he called up yesterday. Unlike me he has landline and broadband with them and also gets HD, he also has multiscreen which I have, anyway, subject to him not cancelling any of those services just listed or the sports and movies he was given 40% off for the next four years and free broadband for two, he also had to agree to a new 12 month contract.

Anyone paying full price needs to get on to them and say they are cancelling whilst playing the poverty card.

Pissed off Virgin wouldn't play games with me so ended up going with sky as they offered the best deal.

Sky world TV package

Sports

Movies

2HD recordable boxes

Phone line

Free evening and weekend calls

Unlimited broadband

£50 tescos vouchers

For £62.90 a month instead of £101.40 and managed to get her to knock off the one off £25 upfront charge.

Cunts are making me wait till 8 September for installation though.