You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New Nexus 4

skend04

Just a thought, but again if you really want a lot of storage, you might consider using a wifi enabled hard disk as a separate media drive sitting in your bag or pocket. Wifi is more than fast enough for streaming at HD quality. For just under £140, you could be carrying around half a terabyte.

Not sure about shops but the Google Shop will be selling them on the 13th. Hope they are geared up to sell at 1 minute past midnight as that's when my order for the 16gig version is going in!

Sorry, the build quality isnt being questioned. All the reviews I've seen have been very positive about the build and features. The only grip is from people saying 'where's the memory card slot?'

As I said, if people fill 16 gig on a phone and want to load more stuff on, they must have a lot of shit they never listen to or use. Besides, if you use Google's equivalent of the cloud you should store stuff there.

Wait 6 months for an enhanced version!? Well yes and pay an 'enhanced' price for it!

Yep, I dont know where he gets the idea LG is shite.

Nobody said LG is shite... merely that their manufacturing quality for this device is below that of Samsung.

Where do you think the low price is coming from?

Reviews said the One X was a lovely phone too (which it is), but the repair rates are shockingly bad.

CPW's repair hub in Brum has already seen a number of Nexus 4's suffering from production issues!

All I'm saying is that I personally will be holding off for either the updated version in 6 months, or until any production niggles are ironed out. Early releases of brand new devices tend to have more production niggles, and problems than those further down the line.

It looks a fantastic device which is why I WILL buy one... just not yet.

It's a fair comment about regarding 'enhanced price' for enhanced product - but the cycle typically goes like this:

V1--- 6 months ---> V1+ ------ 12 months -----> V2

V1 buyers (early adopters) often get the shortest lifespan for their device. The second spin is the (usually) the wise choice... but it's a personal choice, and some folks really want to have the new device asap.

Same here. That's terrible from Google, stooping to Apple's level now! Think I'll wait for the S4 when it's released next year.

MicroSD cards take up more space in the device, plus it's a security risk too, albeit slight. On the plus side, on some devices, access to the SD card can help you unbrick it... but without SD access, you can be left in a mess.

Personally, I prefer to have an SD slot, but my One X doesn't have one, and it's not a huge issue, but you can lose a couple of gig with just one offline map, and a reasonable 1080p movie can take up 4 gig. Plus some folks like me, use their phone as USB storage too... I've got a bunch of ISO files on mine so I can install Vista / 7 / Ubuntu / Office on any friends PC if need be.

Horses for courses I suppose, but 16gb is 'slightly' in the small side, but wouldn't put be off.

MicroSD cards take up more space in the device, plus it's a security risk too, albeit slight. On the plus side, on some devices, access to the SD card can help you unbrick it... but without SD access, you can be left in a mess.

It's extremely difficult to hard brick a Nexus device, because you can nearly always fastboot a stock image. If you've messed up the bootloader somehow then having an SD card won't help you at all, and if the bootloader is working you can always unbrick it without.

No, it's a phone capable of doing lots of other tasks. What you describe as your needs isnt a phone. In any event, if you do as much as you say, even 32gig expanded memory wont be enough.

Google have clearly made a marketing decision not to include expandable memory. For the vast majority of users I doubt this will be an issue and as I've said, the more memory available, the more crap is installed \ downloaded by users.

Each to their own, though.

Noticed some cheeky gets on ebay saying they accidentally bought 3 or 4 because of google store crashing! Saw one chancing it and asking for 1200 notes for the 16gig version!

My needs are based on how I have adapted to use my Galaxy S2 to its full potential. If the functionality is there then why not use it? When considering a new phone, I'd like it to at least match up to my old phone in all parts, and excel greatly in others, otherwise its just not worth the upgrade IMO. As you say, each to their own, but it's not for me. I just hope Samsung won't follow suit and I eagerly await the S4, as I couldn't justify the S3's pricetag, and the N4 doesn't meet my needs. I'm sure if I was to get the N4 I could adapt and use it quite happily. I just don't want to compromise when forking out around £300 (even though I must admit it is great value).

• 3 weeks later...
Guest San Don

Google Play taking orders again but delivery not for 5 weeks (dont get charged until shipped).

Some silly twats still paying 400 and more on ebay from shysters who probably havent got their first buy yet as well.

Guest San Don
Nobody said LG is shite... merely that their manufacturing quality for this device is below that of Samsung.

Where do you think the low price is coming from?

Reviews said the One X was a lovely phone too (which it is), but the repair rates are shockingly bad.

CPW's repair hub in Brum has already seen a number of Nexus 4's suffering from production issues!

All I'm saying is that I personally will be holding off for either the updated version in 6 months, or until any production niggles are ironed out. Early releases of brand new devices tend to have more production niggles, and problems than those further down the line.

It looks a fantastic device which is why I WILL buy one... just not yet.

It's a fair comment about regarding 'enhanced price' for enhanced product - but the cycle typically goes like this:

V1--- 6 months ---> V1+ ------ 12 months -----> V2

V1 buyers (early adopters) often get the shortest lifespan for their device. The second spin is the (usually) the wise choice... but it's a personal choice, and some folks really want to have the new device asap.

The low price for the Nexus 4 has nothing to do with manufacturing quality. Google are adopting a different strategy that's all. They are putting Nexus 4, 7 and 10 at low pricing points and making very little profit (if any) and instead relying on after purchases through Goole Play of the 'captured' market.

The HTC One X is a good phone. But HTC's popularity has plummeted the last few years

Yes, I agree early releases do tend to have more bugs in them Jellybean's lack of December being a case in point.