You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Swansea Carling Cup match thread

fowler9

This is it , since Rafa left it took me until last season to wake up and realise we are actually shite.

The transfer money wasted in the last 18 odd months has fucked us in the arse no end , its set us back years , theres no getting away from it.

Rodgers is on a hiding to nothing at the moment , no manager in the world would be able to come in and turn it around over night but for some reason some people think that this its possible to to get our tiny weak squad competing at the top end.

Who at the start of the season would of thought that we would be resting Sterling , Suso and Wisdom for the big games ? its mind boggling that we are in that situation.

Rodgers has shown enough for me to show that he is the right man for the job, what he needs is time and backing in the transfer market to get us up off our knees and get us moving again otherwise whats the point ? sack him and start again ? were shit , we have been for quite sometime ,its hard to accept but we need to be realistic , the only way were going to get back up there again is by giving the manager time to implement his ideas and put his own team together.

There's no question that with more money and better players we'd do better, whoever the manager, but what exactly has Rodgers shown that convinces you he's the right man?

Our season so far is neatly encapsulated in "optastats Luis Suarez scored or assisted 80% of all goals".

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Rodger’s performance, in my view, relative to his experience is alright. We knew we were not appointing a world beater, or someone with experience.

2. Managerial appointments at their best anticipate what someone is capable of doing, rather than relying on what they have done before.

1. This may be true if we are talking about Swansea, Norwich or Southampton. Liverpool is not, and never should be, a training academy for aspiring managers from outside the club. We have appointed an inexperienced manager and he is performing exactly to form. Persisting with this appointment while he gains the required experience condemns the club to several years of mid-table obscurity. Before anyone points out the obvious - Paisley, Fagan, Daglish, Evans were all steeped in the traditions of the club and the owners will have had ample opportunity to appraise their potential before making any offer.

2. Unfortunately I suspect that the people who made the judgement call do not have the experience or knowledge of football to make an informed choice. Great store was placed in the fact that he produced a 180 page dossier explaining how he would make the club successful. It would be good to know how many experienced football people were asked to review it.

I am not hysterical about being knocked out of the League Cup. Had I been manager then I would have had the team full of fringe players and kids too and I certainly wouldn't have risked Gerrard, Suarez, Allen or Sterling at any point. I would be treating the Europa League with equal contempt.

The focus must be on securing Champions League football. If he gets close then he may survive another season. If he misses by a mile (as it looks like he might) then I do not see FSG remaining loyal. While I freely admit that I am not a BR fan I do see this potential outcome as an even bigger disaster. We would enter another "rebuilding" phase as yet another new manager tries to build his own team.

i like rodgers he is a good manager as a poster says were just shite now we have been since benitez left. but we need to see progress. in the league this year that,s why we appointed him if we finish 20 points below fourth it means were going backwards allen aside and sahin in peroids rodgers for me should have used the borini money on somebody betterdo people belive if we finish the league season like we did last year that we will be looking for a new manager come next summer?