You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Swansea Carling Cup match thread

fowler9

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Henderson has done really well when used all season.

He is pushing for a first team place IMO, especially with Sahin looking anonymous in some games.

I dont think so, i think he'll struggle to even make the bench if we've got all our midfielders fit. Lucas, Allen, Gerrard, Sahin, Shelvey are all ahead of him, 3 of them will be starting and 2 will be on the bench. I suppose we wont have the luxury of having all central midfielders fit at the same time for more than a few games, if that, this season though. So his chances will be injuries to the players infront of him and then starting in some of the cup games. Sahin is still finding his feet in England, he's had some good games and some bad games. But he's shown he's likely to have much more of an impact than Henderson, having set up and scored a decent amount for the games he's played so far. I reckon the truth is Henderson's future lies elsewhere unless he really steps up his game.

I expect him to start today though.

I dont think so, i think he'll struggle to even make the bench if we've got all our midfielders fit. Lucas, Allen, Gerrard, Sahin, Shelvey are all ahead of him, 3 of them will be starting and 2 will be on the bench. I suppose we wont have the luxury of having all central midfielders fit at the same time for more than a few games, if that, this season though. So his chances will be injuries to the players infront of him and then starting in some of the cup games. Sahin is still finding his feet in England, he's had some good games and some bad games. But he's shown he's likely to have much more of an impact than Henderson, having set up and scored a decent amount for the games he's played so far. I reckon the truth is Henderson's future lies elsewhere unless he really steps up his game.

I expect him to start today though.

You don't think he has played well when used this season? If so, I strongly disagree.

I think he is underrated, he is also perfect for the type of football Rodgers wants to play, as he can keep the ball - like Allen.

Rodgers is right, he just gets on with it - wherever he is asked to play. He did really well at right wing back against Everton for example.

Against Stoke, I would have played Henderson over Sahin, who was anonymous and I said before the game he would be, like he was against Stoke.

The problem with Henderson is he isn't fashionable. Our fans decided he was crap when Dalglish used him wide last season. When he was moved central at the end of the season, he looked a much betetr player and when used this season, he has impressed. Rodger praising him after a few Europa League matches.

He reminds me of Lucas, when everyone used to get on his back. I could see him doing a similar job to Lucas and could be moulded into a really effective defensive midfielder. As he has all the tools.

He is a different player to someone like Shelvey, who is goal threat. Henderson is more of a team player and disciplined player IMO.

I hope we keep him personally and I think he is unlucky not to have had some action in the league with Lucas injured, as Henderson / Allen combination would allow Gerrard to be more attacking.

And he's infallible, as we all know

He is far from infallible, but he and his back room theam are the only ones who gets the see the lad train every day. If he is not making appearance its because Rodgers does not think he is performing well enough in training. Some plebs on an internet forum do not have the information available to them to second guess what the manager is doing.

-----------------Jones-------------

Henderson---Carra----Coates---Robinson

-------------Allen---Shelvey-----------

Downing---------Cole------------Assaidi

----------------Yesil----------------------

Subs: Ward, Suarez, Gerrard, Suso, Sterling, Skrtel, Wisdom.

I'm gonna delude myself into thinking tonights the night Joe Cole turns it all around!