You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Swansea Carling Cup match thread

fowler9

I'm actually starting to quite enjoy this sort of game this season as for once its become about playing quality young players rather than a bunch of flops we can't get rid of, two teams that play good football too so should be quite enjoyable

-----------------Jones-------------

Flanagan---Carra-----Coates---Robinson

--------Henderson----Shelvey---------

Cole-------------Pacheco--------Assaidi

-------------------Yesil----------------

subs

Gulacsi

Wilson

Wisdom

Coady

Downing

Sinclair

Morgan

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd play Reina, we can't have a liability like Jones in goal.

Other than that, kids and stiffs as usual, with maybe the likes of Shelvey started too. Suarez and Gerrard will be rested.

------------------Reina-----------------

Wisdom-------Coates-----Carragher-------Enrique

--------------Henderson--Sahin--Shelvey----------

-----Assaidi--------------------------Suso/ Whoever

----------------------Yesil/ Morgan/ Don't care-----------

With the injuries we have at the moment it will be tough to put a team out and get players rested. Not ideal but I wouldn't mind seeing this, all things considered -

--------------Jones--------------

Wisdom--Coates---Carra -- Enrique

Henderson----Shelvey----Downing--

Pacheco-------Yesil-------Assaidi---

Subs:Reina, Agger, Skrtel, Allen, Sahin, Morgan, Sinclair.

Flanagan for Wisdom if he is fit.

I'd keep Jones in goal as its not worth risking Pepe IMO.Wisdom to start aswell for me,he had a but of a rough game at the weekend so keep him in there and get it out of his system.

---------------------Jones

Wisdom------Carra-----Coates----Enrique

------------Henderson---Sahin

----------------------Shelvey

Assaidi ------------------------------Downing

---------------------Yessil/Morgan

Guest Numero Veinticinco
#LFC team v swansea: Jones; Henderson' date=' Carragher, Coates, Robinson; Shelvey,Allen, Cole; Assaidi, Yesil, Downing[/quote']

Eek.

#LFC team v swansea: Jones; Henderson, Carragher, Coates, Robinson; Shelvey,Allen, Cole; Assaidi, Yesil, Downing

Not sure he should be playing Allen or even Shelvey. We need to rest the first team.

I'd play the likes of Sahin, Downing and Henderson, certainly. Maybe even Cole. And I'd like to see Assaidi and Yesil given time to impress

Since Reina is injured, I would play Jones, Flanno, Coates, Carra, Robinson, Henderson, Sahin, Shelvey, Downing, Yesil, Assaidi. Personally.

Joe Cole is just a waste of a substitute, and Henderson is no right back. If we decided to rest Shelvey, I'd have Pacheco as the point of the midfield three.

For whom, Robinson? The first team comes first for me this time, so I'd play Enrique in order to get him match fit.

One is shite and gthre other is an excellent prospect, the first team will benefit most by giving the prospect playing time, he is better anyway.

Since Reina is injured, I would play Jones, Flanno, Coates, Carra, Robinson, Henderson, Sahin, Shelvey, Downing, Yesil, Assaidi. Personally.

Ok, so that lot collectively covers for Reina, although the goal mouth will be a bit crowded.

What about the other ten players? :whistle: