You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would it be racist to...

Baltar

The funny thing is that not long after we found out exactly who Silverlining was.

Scenes.

A worker for News International wasn't he? He got shitloads of abuse on here for that which I found pathetic.

I miss SL and his abuse, fair play to Jonny Cougar for stepping up to the plate though.

A worker for News International wasn't he? He got shitloads of abuse on here for that which I found pathetic.

I miss SL and his abuse, fair play to Jonny Cougar for stepping up to the plate though.

I miss him too. He was the hero the GF deserved but not the one we needed at the time.

sad-batman-2.jpg

When he was on song, and not being unfairly aggresive, Brendan was in the top two or three posters on here for comedic value. Unfortunately it turned out that he was a dirty, horrible, Sun-loving hypocrite with shit taste in sun glasses.

In comparison, when we talk about Simon, he's a bona fide forum legend and a fucking nice guy in real life to go with it. As much as the usual forum hard men slag him off, there's plenty of others that know he's boss.

Forza Simonlfcgreen!

He will never tire of the chase.

Because Simon and SL took over this thread, most people forgot what the thread was actually about. My attempt to bring things back on topic bypassed everybody.

Couldn't get it up? The Chinese have a remedy for that sort of thing.

While I had no beef with Brendan, to say he 'worked' for News International is an understatement. He's now head of corporate strategy and was head of communications strategy, which means he'd have been involved in the way News International papers, including The S*n, would have responded to Hillsborough in recent years, and probably still will be in the future. That's why a lot of people were unhappy. They felt as though a key player for an organisation and paper which denegrated us had been on here, not just as a poster, but often being grossly offensive to posters he disliked.

he's a bona fide forum legend and a fucking nice guy in real life to go with it. As much as the usual forum hard men slag him off, there's plenty of others that know he's boss. .

That is what people said about Hitler (apart from the forum bits because they didn't have the internet back then)

While I had no beef with Brendan, to say he 'worked' for News International is an understatement. He's now head of corporate strategy and was head of communications strategy, which means he'd have been involved in the way News International papers, including The S*n, would have responded to Hillsborough in recent years, and probably still will be in the future. That's why a lot of people were unhappy. They felt as though a key player for an organisation and paper which denegrated us had been on here, not just as a poster, but often being grossly offensive to posters he disliked.

Correct.

I personally feel you're over-estimating his importance to NI on the subject of Hillsborough but fair enough.

He was Head of Marketing Strategy if I am not wrong. Not corporate strategy.

Apologies if I am wrong in my information but from what it sounds is he was in charge of basically 'people in retirement areas should be spammed with porceline figurines and cat insurance, people up north should be targeted with wetherspoons curry-night vouchers'.

I'm not trying to be a dick but seriously, I checked his twitter and such and read his job status. I'm not the Brendan internet defense force but everyone needs a job. I posted above, and posted ages ago that there is a fucking massive News International printing press that provides jobs for thousands. Are they cunts? And please don't give me the whole 'he could go elsewhere' because it would be interesting standing outside news international in Kirkby and telling them they should quit their jobs and find another one.

Maybe I am wrong, I'm not trying to be edgy. He is not some corporate mastermind behind The S*n. He's just some guy who works in one of the many advertising departments of News International.

I personally feel you're over-estimating his importance to NI on the subject of Hillsborough but fair enough.

This.

Yeah, but still. He was posting, and slagging off others for their opinions on the club we love, all the while knowing that he was a fucking hypocrite and taking their money. He's no red. He might be smart but he's not a fucking red.

There's working for a department (IE the Times) in NI and there's working across all their departments. He was the latter and he was in a way working to help the Sun sell more papers.

Plus, he was following them and RT'ing their shite on twitter.

He was Head of Marketing Strategy if I am not wrong. Not corporate strategy.

Apologies if I am wrong in my information but from what it sounds is he was in charge of basically 'people in retirement areas should be spammed with porceline figurines and cat insurance, people up north should be targeted with wetherspoons curry-night vouchers'.

I'm not trying to be a dick but seriously, I checked his twitter and such and read his job status. I'm not the Brendan internet defense force but everyone needs a job. I posted above, and posted ages ago that there is a fucking massive News International printing press that provides jobs for thousands. Are they cunts? And please don't give me the whole 'he could go elsewhere' because it would be interesting standing outside news international in Kirkby and telling them they should quit their jobs and find another one.

Maybe I am wrong, I'm not trying to be edgy. He is not some corporate mastermind behind The S*n. He's just some guy who works in one of the many advertising departments of News International.

Brendan Judge - United Kingdom | LinkedIn

Head Of Strategy

News International

Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; NWS; Newspapers industry

November 2011 – Present (1 year 7 months)

Devising profitable commercial brand strategies

Developing and executing client contact strategies

Maintaining agency relationships

Thought leadership and innovation

Got my information wrong' date=' apologies.[/quote']

There is nothing to apologise for.

I liked Brendan and got on with him as much as anyone on here and got into arguments with a good few people when he got banned because I didn't think it was deserved.

It was me that brought the stuff on his Twitter to everyone's attention though and it was beyond the pale. Unlike Bascombe or Barrett or whoever he was coming on here and abusing good fans every day while he was retweeting the son newsfeed and following a twitter group dedicated to their journalists.

There is nothing to apologise for.

I liked Brendan and got on with him as much as anyone on here and got into arguments with a good few people when he got banned because I didn't think it was deserved.

It was me that brought the stuff on his Twitter to everyone's attention though and it was beyond the pale. Unlike Bascombe or Barrett or whoever he was coming on here and abusing good fans every day while he was retweeting the son newsfeed and following a twitter group dedicated to their journalists.

I know the feels bro. It is going to be one of those TLW things that we will probably never understand. If he came back and answered some questions it would probably make a lot more sense. As silverlining, he was a bro, but who he was behind the mask? No idea. I'd probably get it bummed though.

News: NI appoints Brendan Judge as Sales Director: InPublishing

Reporting to Dominic Carter, Commercial Director at News International, Brendan (pictured) will be responsible for multi-platform revenues across all three News International brands: The Times, The Sunday Times and The Sun.

Before becoming Sales Director, Brendan was Head of Strategy for The Sun reporting into Abba Newbery, Director of Advertising Strategy. His role involved devising profitable commercial brand strategies, developing and executing client contact strategies as well as maintaining agency relationships and implementing thought leadership and innovation. etc

A total cunt. He looks like a right cunt too.

I have to say I found him to be very funny with his one liners but didn't like his constant picking on certain posters. Was he ever really a liverpool supporter? You'd wonder why a guy like that would bother or have the time even to visit Liverpool forums as much as he did over the years to deliberately the piss. Makes no sense.

When he was on song, and not being unfairly aggresive, Brendan was in the top two or three posters on here for comedic value. Unfortunately it turned out that he was a dirty, horrible, Sun-loving hypocrite with shit taste in sun glasses.

In comparison, when we talk about Simon, he's a bona fide forum legend and a fucking nice guy in real life to go with it. As much as the usual forum hard men slag him off, there's plenty of others that know he's boss.

Forza Simonlfcgreen!

He will never tire of the chase.

Spot on. Repped.