You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I'm not the Head of Programme Management, I'm the Sales & Marketing Director. In all fairness, this rant was actually more directed at project managers and architects rather than actual developers - but, you know, techies are techies when you have a bad day

That's true, they're all cunts, and they're all dotted all over the autistic spectrum.

I think he has died. I mentioned it a while back in the 'where are certain posters'. He is/was a motorbiker and said he wasn't in good physical shape. He's never vanished for more than a month or two so I think he's a gonner.

See you in Equestria, pony-bro :(

I could probably dig out his real life name, if that's any help?

But seriously, I am a very tuned-in developer to the big picture, I work best in an agile environment, I document well, I code well, I don't work for any place that isn't into test-driven design (unit tests) so my work I can happily say is really high quality.

Leonardo-DiCaprio-Shrug-Reaction-Gif.gif

My credentials - I play german/euro board games (power grid, Settlers of catan, eclipse, agricoa etc).

Also play x-wing miniatures which is fucking ace..but fucknig embarrassing.

I counter this by the fact I am also good at most sports.

• 2 years later...

I will finish second behind the Meat.

I own 4 replica lightsabers that cost £99 each. Actually Yoda's was cheaper because it was smaller. I own over 900 comics and graphic novels, have a full collection of Green Lantern: Blackest Night figures. A full set of Star Wars Unleashed figures. I own figures of Hicks from Aliens, Bruce Willis from Die Hard, I have Castlevania action figures along with a fill set of Resident Evil 2 and Code Veronica figures. I also own Resident Evil ReMake, 4 and 5 figures. I have a bust of Thrust from the Transfomers '80s cartoon. I paid £200 for a Joker figure from the Dark Knight, I have a Spider-Man statue and a Dark Knight movie poster (framed) in my living room. I also have a vintage Raiders of the Lost Ark poster from 1981. I own over 1000 DVDs and blu-rays which are sorted alphabetically and by medium (e.g.tv/movie etc). I also have Indy statues and more Star Wars kotobukiya statues.

I own a NES, Megadrive, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, PS3, Wii and Xbox 360. All bar the Megadrive with the original games purchased for them, boxed with the instruction manuals.

I have a replica Rocky title belt and Rocky action figures. I have an Indy replica whip.

I don't know anyone who watches more sport that you, Jules, so the above plus the sport requires me to ask you this....Do you ever actually sleep?

I own 4 copies of The Goonies on DVD and have 3 different Stars Wars boxsets. Not the Prequels though, they're rubbish.

I have bought Blade Runner so many times now, it's bordering on the ridiculous. VHS, DVD, blu ray, 5 disc box DVD set in metal tin, 5 disc imported box set in brief case design, blu ray box set with "spinner" toy. 

Never even opened half of them.