You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Online poker

Bjornebye

Online poker is boss snowy, but like real life poker it is best played whilst sober. Online poker is real tempting to play pissed and it is a one-way ticket to Buttfuck, Rapesville.

Yeah good point simon. Lost a shit load on my lad brokers account betting on live baseball.... Bladdered at 3 in the morning.

• 7 years later...
4 minutes ago, Stouffer said:

Does it deffo have free tables; I'm far too much of a mingebag to play with real money?

Yeah mate , I don't go near using real money online now. Won a bit years ago then lost it. Gave up. Don't go near it now. 

https://www.pokerstars.uk/sites/ppc/lacourse/free40/?adp=&aid=100694250362&cid=9605708150&cr=436510728642&dv=c&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjpTurMqQ6gIV8IBQBh3hAQndEAAYAiAAEgLrEvD_BwE&kwd=poker stars&kwid=kwd-115697779&mt=e&utm_campaign=&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&no_redirect=1

Desktop download game. Its great 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Me and mates have a weekly private game on PokerStars with zoom. Only 2 dollar buy in but good way of catching up.

1 hour ago, Stouffer said:

Any recommendations for an online poker app; I've zero interest in actually gambling but want to be able to play free tables with other humans.

None,  they're all shite mate.

Without real money being staked you just get rarfs going all in with a 7-2 off suit cos there's nothing to lose.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

None,  they're all shite mate.

Without real money being staked you just get rarfs going all in with a 7-2 off suit cos there's nothing to lose.

This is true. You can play 1c/2c cash games so if you deposit tenner you'll at least get something approaching a normal game.

Just now, lifetime fan said:

He just doesn’t have a clue - he’ll often bet without even looking at his cards. 

Playing players that don't know what they're doing can be harder than someone that knows a small amount (more predictable).

However, if he ever fancies playing a heads up, deep stack, cash game for every penny he has drop us a message!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

Playing players that don't know what they're doing can be harder than someone that knows a small amount (more predictable).

However, if he ever fancies playing a heads up, deep stack, cash game for every penny he has drop us a message!

The vast majority of the time you can rinse him easily, but he’s also the luckiest cunt ever when it comes to flop. 

Buy ins are also shit. I've played in cash games where you get guys going all in with absolute shite, they get busted out...and then out comes the wallet and they buy themselves another stack of chips.

In my monthly game we have none of that weak ass shit, once you're out you are out.

No second chances, no safety nets. Really gives you a buzz when you do go all in too.

1 minute ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Buy ins are also shit. I've played in cash games where you get guys going all in with absolute shite, they get busted out...and then out comes the wallet and they buy themselves another stack of chips.

In my monthly game we have none of that weak ass shit, once you're out you are out.

No second chances, no safety nets. Really gives you a buzz when you do go all in too.

Why wouldn't you want bad players rebuying?

I'm the opposite, I do everything I can to try and get home games to be cash games rather than tournaments.

8 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Why wouldn't you want bad players rebuying?

I'm the opposite, I do everything I can to try and get home games to be cash games rather than tournaments.

For the reason you and Lifey both said really, it skews the game and it stops any nastiness creeping in when idiots start writing cheques.

I've been playing in friendly cash games for 15 years, we play £20 in at the start of the night and winner takes all. No buy ins.

We also chip in another £10 - £20 each month for a Christmas club game in early December. We usually pay out 1st and 2nd in that game because there's a hefty sum in the pot already.

Especially nice to win a grand at that time of year.

Just now, Carvalho Diablo said:

For the reason you and Lifey both said really, it skews the game.

I've been playing in friendly cash games for 15 years, we play £20 in at the start of the night and winner takes all. No but ins.

We also chip in another £10 - £20 each month for a Christmas club game in early December. We usually pay out 1st and 2nd in that game because there's a hefty sum in the pot already.

Especially nice to win a grand at that time of year.

Tournaments you mean? If it's winner take all and you can't rebuy. I'm assuming blinds go up as well?

These are the types of tournaments we used to play. I always preferred a game cash because there is considerably more skill than in a home game tournament. Especially as the play is always so slow (people are drinking, talking, forgetting when it's their turn, etc).

Christmas game idea sounds ace.

2 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Tournaments you mean? If it's winner take all and you can't rebuy. I'm assuming blinds go up as well?

These are the types of tournaments we used to play. I always preferred a game cash because there is considerably more skill than in a home game tournament. Especially as the play is always so slow (people are drinking, talking, forgetting when it's their turn, etc).

Christmas game idea sounds ace.

You have to have blinds to generate the betting, otherwise some games would go on all night.

In our game we have 5 different chip denominations (10 / 25 / 50 / 100 / 500), blinds start small (10 & 20) and then double when the dealer button makes it 3rd circuit of the table, and every 3rd circuit thereafter.

I've played in some of these Riley's tournaments but for me they are spoiled because they allow dickheads to buy back in for the first couple of hours of the game.

First time I played in one of those games I was just staggered by what I was seeing.

Those same buy in wankers will be the ones who bang £500 in a slit machine and get £40 back out, losing £460 net. They go home and tell the missus they've had a win!

A few other little rules we have to spice it up:

1. First man out buys nibbles for the following month's game, to the tune of a £10er

2. When you're knocked out you become dealer

3. Host (usually me) is in charge of the Spotify playlist

4. 8 player maximum. We've played with 14 before and it just becomes unwieldy, just too many people and the games were taking too long.

Also, who's got a table that big?!

10 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

A few other little rules we have to spice it up:

1. First man out buys nibbles for the following month's game, to the tune of a £10er

2. When you're knocked out you become dealer

3. Host (usually me) is in charge of the Spotify playlist

4. 8 player maximum. We've played with 14 before and it just becomes unwieldy, just too many people and the games were taking too long.

Also, who's got a table that big?!

This is the most important aspect of a game of poker with your mates. I've got a poker playlist on my spotify. I'd rather catch someone nicking my chips than fucking about with the music. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah, any more than eight and you need two tables. The game is too slow.

With cash games you just cash out when you want. I prefer that.

In ours we usually end up playing a rebuy tournament and capping rebuys after the first hour or three levels or something.

7 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Yeah, any more than eight and you need two tables. The game is too slow.

With cash games you just cash out when you want. I prefer that.

In ours we usually end up playing a rebuy tournament and capping rebuys after the first hour or three levels or something.

Nah, no cash outs mate, the game is the game and winner takes all. You snooze you mitherfucking lose