You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Babb hit the nail on the head.  On a personal note we all wish him well and a speedy recovery 

Gary Speeds death was a tragedy and thankfully Carlisle is not in a critical condition and will hopefully get the help Speed didn't. On a professional note very few on here had time for him either as a pundit or in some of the things he said and did in his kick it out campaign so to suddenly go all warm and cuddly on him would be a bit ridiculous.

I wouldn’t be as aggressive about it, but I agree with this.

Anyone who ever says a person who kills themselves was being selfish towards their family, is a such a monumentally clueless gobshite that he deserves nothing more than to be pointed at and ridiculed at every opportunity and on every corner.  I see them in the same light as those Daily Mail numpties blaming their shit life on some “immigrant”.

But I do agree that doing it like it appears Carlisle did, is just not fair on the truck driver.  I can’t even imagine (thank God) how dark Carlisles mind was when he did what he did, so I am open to the suggestion that he was able to reconcile how he was killing himself too.  But it just seems desperately unfair on the truck driver.

I remember a good few years ago droving down from Leeds to Liverpool for the Champions League game against Arsenal, and the exact same thing had happened where a woman had thrown herself in front of a truck.  She was successful in her suicide attempt though. While I sat on the central reservation of the motorway for about 5 hours, eventually missing the start of the game (and Arsenals goal) I couldn’t help but feel sad for the lady, but also dreadfully sad for the poor truck driver. 

Racist.

• Upvote 5

I feel sympathy for those with suicidal tendencies but anyone who throws themselves in front of a car or train is a fucking cunt. They are basically ruining some innocent persons life in the process and I can't accept.

They are not thinking clearly enough to see the impact that they are having on others. You can't analyse their behaviour is if they are thinking rationally. 

Suicide bombers aren't thinking rationally, doesn't mean I can't call them selfish cunts

Actually, maybe not the selfish part? Actually, I don't care so don't know why I'm commenting really

Suicide bombers think they are carrying out the will of God and making the ultimate sacrifice. 

The polar opposite of being a selfish cunt. Please refer to them as deluded cunts in future

I don't blame suicidal people for involving others in carrying out their deaths. The politics of mental health care is deplorable and the whole of society is partially responsible for their suffering. If they were allowed to die in a humane, pain-free way, surrounded by family, they would take it. Without that option, I don't blame them for using any method possible.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't blame suicidal people for involving others in carrying out their deaths. The politics of mental health care is deplorable and the whole of society is partially responsible for their suffering. If they were allowed to die in a humane, pain-free way, surrounded by family, they would take it. Without that option, I don't blame them for using any method possible.

What?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I feel sympathy for those with suicidal tendencies but anyone who throws themselves in front of a car or train is a fucking cunt. They are basically ruining some innocent persons life in the process and I can't accept.

They're also ruining there friends and families lives too. But they will never blame the person that killed themselves.They will always live with the question why.

A good friend of mine decided to jump out in front of a train and kill himself and succeeded in the attempt. I would never call him a cunt because I know he was so depressed that he couldn't rationalise anything.

Unfortunately innocent people do get hurt as the train driver did in this event and they potentially end up suffering and get depressed in the aftermath. Often thinking what they could have done differently.

I have a friend who is a train operator, the amount of shit they see and have to deal with is generally not heard of. They have to find ways to rationalise and process the things they see, but do you use humour to help get past it. To say that they don't get affected would be an understatement.

In short it's a pretty fucked up situation for everyone involved that unfortunately no one can control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

They're also ruining there friends and families lives too. But they will never blame the person that killed themselves.They will always live with the question why. A good friend of mine decided to jump out in front of a train and kill himself and succeeded in the attempt. I would never call him a cunt because I know he was so depressed that he couldn't rationalise anything. Unfortunately innocent people do get hurt as the train driver did in this event and they potentially end up suffering and get depressed in the aftermath. Often thinking what they could have done differently. I have a friend who is a train operator, the amount of shit they see and have to deal with is generally not heard of. They have to find ways to rationalise and process the things they see, but do you use humour to help get past it. To say that they don't get affected would be an understatement. In short it's a pretty fucked up situation for everyone involved that unfortunately no one can control. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here on that one, not good.

I was also on a train to London when i was a kid, 11/12 something like that, there was a thump and it was someone who had killed themselves, there were people on the side of the tracks trying to talk him out of it too, that must have been some sight for them.

We didn't move for about 3 hours and in that time the train driver walked through our carriage a couple of times and he looked totally devastated, think we were going to Waterloo but got diverted to Wimbledon station out of the way, a lot of the persons remains were still hanging off and mangled on the botton of the train, nothing recognisable like fingers or feet just pure shredded meat, grim.

One of the known things about this forum is that people will joke about whatever they like. I don't see any problem with this, given the context of the forum overall. It's the internet. Throwaway comments are ten-a-penny. Distasteful? Yes, of course! But I'm certain that Adam is a sound bloke. 

Also, let's not forget how warm this place can be too. I've seen some tremendous outpourings of love and good wishes for people who have been affected by some of the most challenging circumstances in life - losing a spouse, losing a child, battling with cancer...  

Carlisle was an average player. 

He gained some sort of profile in the midst of a nation's faux furore over Suarez. 

I don't much like what I know of the fella (mostly ill-informed comments about LFC and Suarez).  

I'm not really affected by this incident as I don't know him and it doesn't stir anything up close to home. But I do have sympathy for those who are affected. It's sad that any human being could get to the point where they try to kill themselves. I hope he gets some help. 

• Upvote 8

Turns out he was busted for drink driving (again) which is the reason he tried to top himself (again):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-30630041

Someone please tell this muppet that if he wants to pickle himself to death, fine, but don't put everyone else at risk by getting behind the wheel of a car.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1