You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The ideal January signing

Bert

That's what I thought, hardly suits this Rodgers "system" we here so much about given great finisher granted but he's lazy and slow

lazy, slow, not particularly strong, doesn't have any vision/passing ability... He can only score goals (which yeah, we need) but he doesn't suit playing football at all... He's like a poorer version of Darren Bent (but a better finisher)

“He is in the false nine role rather than a traditional No 9, stood there and static. That’s why when we get players in to work off his qualities it will allow us to penetrate more,” said Rodgers. “He gets defenders on the move, we need people running off that. I’m not worried about over-reliance. He is picked to score goals, but I would want them to be more spread out.

To me this doesn't sound as if Rodgers wants another striker in for the first team. More like he wants wide players who will run in behind and score goals like Walcott. Maybe he wants a striking option to bring off the bench but I don't think his idea is to have Suarez out wide or as an attacking midfielder.

I'd absolutely love to sign a slow lazy bastard who just stands in the box scoring goals!

48 goals in 47 games last season and 1 in 2 so far this season , i get the concerns but just those stats alone far far outweigh any negatives right now , were going cold turkey here , we desperatly need that fix.

It's bollocks. False number nine my arse he takes players on no one supports him they stand and watch and see if he can beat that fifth man. If Suarez is on the right dribbling into the box why do we never have runners into the box. He constantly has the option to dribble past 3 players or so and then shoot from a from a difficult angle. It's upto the manager to make sure players are supporting him, so far we kind of camp out in no mans land, no will to retreat or advance just Suarez like Rambo going alone.

If fsg don't invest more we are totally fucked.

It's bollocks. False number nine my arse he takes players on no one supports him they stand and watch and see if he can beat that fifth man. If Suarez is on the right dribbling into the box why do we never have runners into the box. He constantly has the option to dribble past 3 players or so and then shoot from a from a difficult angle. It's upto the manager to make sure players are supporting him, so far we kind of camp out in no mans land, no will to retreat or advance just Suarez like Rambo going alone.

I agree.

Rodger's set up seems to be

Striker, in front of a Winger, and attacking midfielder tucked in off one side. Midfield three to control the midfield, and width coming from full backs to add to the attack.

Nothing wrong with that. I like that too... except Suarez should be the Attacking Midfielder in the free role, with a Winger, and a Striker. We need to buy the winger and striker, IMO.

Twitter

The Liverpool F.C Dutch Branch president Michael Kennedy said that Huntelaar is a "done deal"

Supposedly he called the Babel and Kuyt deals.

Huntelaar and Walcott would be a very good window for us.

Anybody heard of this link with Charlie Austin from Burnley? To be honest I didnt even know of him or even heard of him in all fairness, was suprised because his goal return is boss. Fuck knows how i wernt onto him. 19 goals already this season in all competitions.

Could be a load of shite what i got told like. This Huntelaar rumour doesnt seem to budge either. I definetely wouldnt say no to his signature. We are in no position to be turning our noses up at players who have a nack for scoring goals.

Personally, i would still love us to test the waters with Valencia and their financial difficulties with a bid for Soldado. However unlikely it may seem, if the offer is good enough it could well tempt Valencia. I'm also at the point now, because of the position we find ourselves in players like Walcott and Sturridge seem more attractive as the days go on. Would give anything for them to be on our bench or in the starting line up.

Cant stress how crucial it is we get this January transfer window spot on, the owners need to back us. A couple of solid additions and we will be sound and will look like a completely different proposition. Im actually excited for it, i just hope were not to far off the race for 4th come January.

The January window and the return of Lucas cant come quick enough!!

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Huntelaar and Walcott would be a very good window for us.

It'd be quite brilliant. There are players out there who I'd prefer, but we're not in the position to sign the top level players at the moment. So Walcott and Hunterlaar would be terrific.

Isn't it more likely a case of one or the other, though?

I would love to see Huntelaar and Walcott in January, but I would be surprised if we have that kind of money to spend. I was thinking best-case scenario was one of those two lads and perhaps another Assaidi-esque (young, cheap, decent) forward.

Isn't it more likely a case of one or the other' date=' though?

I would love to see Huntelaar and Walcott in January, but I would be surprised if we have that kind of money to spend. I was thinking best-case scenario was one of those two lads and perhaps another Assaidi-esque (young, cheap, decent) forward.[/quote']

£10m would probably get us both given there contract situations

BR's admission was, that if he knew there was no replacement, then Carroll would not have gone out on loan.

Regardless of who we buy in January, he should absolutely bring back Carroll, and make him fit into the line up week in week out, so we can find out just what Carroll is made of, and at the same time give ourselves that plan B.

Why do this? Because. It might work. On top of this, Carroll isn't going to set West Ham on fire with goals, because I don't think he's happy. He didn't want to go. Ergo, his value at the end of the season at West Ham is not exactly going to equal what we paid for him, or come even close, and that's just bad business, before we find out what the lad can actually do.

There, I've said it.

Guest ShoePiss
BR's admission was, that if he knew there was no replacement, then Carroll would not have gone out on loan.

Regardless of who we buy in January, he should absolutely bring back Carroll, and make him fit into the line up week in week out, so we can find out just what Carroll is made of, and at the same time give ourselves that plan B.

Why do this? Because. It might work. On top of this, Carroll isn't going to set West Ham on fire with goals, because I don't think he's happy. He didn't want to go. Ergo, his value at the end of the season at West Ham is not exactly going to equal what we paid for him, or come even close, and that's just bad business, before we find out what the lad can actually do.

There, I've said it.

The 58 games he featured in for us were more than enough for me to find out what he's made of and what he can do personally.

Guest ShoePiss

Oh and let's remember what you said about Suarez just yesterday kopout you beaut :-

"Secondly and finally, the one player who is in the team pretending to be a striker (BR is hoping nobody will notice) is too friggin' lazy to go back and defend. Mind you, it's hard to get up from those dives!! Takes a lot out of one, it does."

Zaha and Walcott would be ideal if this system is ever going to work. And both are good enough that even if BR goes you've got two young direct strikers for the immediate and long term future.

I think Downing and Hendo would be seen as decent signings for quite a few Premier League clubs. Cole I'd just pay off in the form of some sort of agreement.

I'd also look at selling Enrique if possible.