You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The ideal January signing

Bert

We're not going to get one of the best strikers in the world for £5m.

Di Natale is 35 and he'd cost more than that.

If Villa was available for £15m, and wanted to join our club (no laughing please), we'd be utterly fucking mental not to sign him. Even if we only got two years out of him it would be more than worth it.

Reckon Villa is a good shout, dont think it's unlikely at all that he will leave Barca, but not for 15m. And i certainly dont think that's anywhere near what Barca could get for him at this point in his career. Not even from Russia.

We're not going to get one of the best strikers in the world for £5m.

Di Natale is 35 and he'd cost more than that.

If Villa was available for £15m, and wanted to join our club (no laughing please), we'd be utterly fucking mental not to sign him. Even if we only got two years out of him it would be more than worth it.

The Owners wouldn't see it that way, and you know it.

Oh I know mate. Its frustrating. I know the owners admire the Arsenal model, but if we're just a tiny bit more pragmatic we could be so much better.

I'd be happy enough with a decent loan signing in January.

Villa could always be available on loan. That's the only way I see David Villa coming to us, really.

I can't see it happening at all. Just can't see someone swapping Barcelona for what is, unfortunately, currently a mid table club in England.

Presumably his wages would be a huge stumbling block as well.

Plenty of strikers in Serie A and La Liga (don't tend to watch much of other foreign leagues, you watch a lot of Bundesliga, no?) that would improve us. Many who aren't big names, wouldn't cost the world.

I'd love to have signed Aduriz last summer.

I think we need to prioritise the striker situation, as I don't think anywhere else is too critical.

Suarez & Walcott playing either side of Huntelaar & we are a massively different proposition going forward.

We would also have Sterling, Suso, Borini to supplement these in the front three.

With Lucas' return, we would have lots of options for the middle 3 also & enough flexibility to go 442 / 4132 or 352 at a minute's notice.

I think we need to prioritise the striker situation, as I don't think anywhere else is too critical.

Suarez & Walcott playing either side of Huntelaar & we are a massively different proposition going forward.

We would also have Sterling, Suso, Borini to supplement these in the front three.

With Lucas' return, we would have lots of options for the middle 3 also & enough flexibility to go 442 / 4132 or 352 at a minute's notice.

Would love us to sign Walcott and Huntelaar but I really can't see it happening.

Sturridge and possibly someone on loan is what will happen this Jan.

According to a news report yesterday Rodgers will be given £10 mill to spend in the Jan transfare window and with the outgoings of Downing, Cole,Henderson he wants to bring in 3 new signings with Walcott being top of the list,all I can add is the best of luck to him trying to to offload those three for any decent amount of cash.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Is Huntelaar actually any good anymore?

I've never been a massive fan of his, but he banged 'm last season and can finish. Considering our current predicament, it'd be a decent signing.