You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The ideal January signing

Bert

My centre mid suggestions:

Gary Medel - Seviila

Like a Mascherano lite. Complete animal but can play, non-stop chasing.

Ivan Perisic - Dortmund

Never getsa proper crack of the whip due to Gotze, but he's an AM with physical presence, and scores goals.

Yann MVilla - Rennes

Had a bad patch, but still young, worth the risk.

Moutinho - Porto

Genius

Banega - Valencia

Fallen out of spotlight after long injury lay off.

That is all for now.

We are going to flush 8 mil on Joe Cole in the next 18 months - if Ba comes in and scores a single goal and his knee falls completely out of his body during his celebration it would be a better proposition.

So... throwing more money down the toilet is good, because it's not as bad as Joe Cole?

That doesn't make sense.

The ideal January signing will not be a panic buy. Unfortunately, as the less than average season progresses, a panic buy is what we might end up with. Again. Don't want Drogba, cos he'll try to run the dressing room and is too old to get back and defend. I have to admit though, if he was no trouble, he'd be the perfect player on the other end of those sublime defence splitting passes from Suarez.

Rumour also has it we're prepared to go for Newcastle's Demba Ba, or at least, try to match Arsenal. Fuck THAT. Do business with Pardew after we got fucked over with Carroll??

You wouldn't want us to sign David Villa?

Some people are crazy! I wouldn't care if he was 43 as long as he kept banging them in, scored again tonight. He's the best goal poacher in world football and if he was available, I see no reason why anyone wouldn't want him.

Some people are crazy! I wouldn't care if he was 43 as long as he kept banging them in, scored again tonight. He's the best goal poacher in world football and if he was available, I see no reason why anyone wouldn't want him.

Pure fucking madness. Not that he'd have even the slightest intention of signing for us.

Pure fucking madness. Not that he'd have even the slightest intention of signing for us.

What? You wouldn't leave your own country, whilst playing for possibly the greatest team in history to join a struggling team in transition?

Watching Messi in training alone is enough reason to want to stay at Barca, you can only imagine what he must do in training. Genius.

My centre mid suggestions:

Gary Medel - Seviila

Like a Mascherano lite. Complete animal but can play' date=' non-stop chasing.

Ivan Perisic - Dortmund

Never getsa proper crack of the whip due to Gotze, but he's an AM with physical presence, and scores goals.

Yann MVilla - Rennes

Had a bad patch, but still young, worth the risk.

Moutinho - Porto

Genius

Banega - Valencia

Fallen out of spotlight after long injury lay off.

That is all for now.[/quote']

Banega in for Sahin in the summer and Clasie (Feynoord) in for Henderson and we'll have a better midfield than anyone in England -

Lucas, Clasie, Allen, Banega, Shelvey, with Gerrard and Suso also being able to play central and out wide....

Diego at Wolfsburg in the front midfield position should be possible at a decent price.... Great player who now needs to play for a big team!

Banega in for Sahin in the summer and Clasie (Feynoord) in for Henderson and we'll have a better midfield than anyone in England -

Lucas' date=' Clasie, Allen, Banega, Shelvey, with Gerrard and Suso also being able to play central and out wide....

Diego at Wolfsburg in the front midfield position should be possible at a decent price.... Great player who now needs to play for a big team![/quote']

Think Diego got a massive attitude problem. He had a chance at Juventus and his attitude let him down. I do agree he's a great player tho, actually he's what we need in the final 3rd.

Diego at Wolfsburg in the front midfield position should be possible at a decent price.... Great player who now needs to play for a big team!

Diego, IMO, will never amount to much. He just isn't going to make it at a big club. I was a big fan a few years ago, when he was at Bremen, but he didn't do a bloody thing at Juventus.

Diego' date=' IMO, will never amount to much. He just isn't going to make it at a big club. I was a big fan a few years ago, when he was at Bremen, but he didn't do a bloody thing at Juventus.[/quote']

I'd prefer Belhanda or Erichsen but think our owners are to cheap for them and he'll be a great cheap addition!

Unless a top class left back is available and even if that was the case we should still look to forwards/wide forwards this window. The talk of central midfielders makes no sense at all. Lucas, Allen, Gerrard, Shelvey, Sahin rival anything in this league and we should be fine with that. We do however utterly lack quality in attack. We have Suarez, Borini and a bunch of youngsters, it's unfair to him and stupid to rely only on Suarez. Two quality attacking players in and it will make a world of difference.

Not for anywhere near 15m.

He's 31. If we can get him for 5m? Yes. Definitely.

The owners aren't going to sanction any real amount of money for him.

We're not going to get one of the best strikers in the world for £5m.

Di Natale is 35 and he'd cost more than that.

If Villa was available for £15m, and wanted to join our club (no laughing please), we'd be utterly fucking mental not to sign him. Even if we only got two years out of him it would be more than worth it.