You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The ideal January signing

Bert

Still 3 and a half weeks left. I highly doubt Sturridge is the only player we'll sign.

Wouldn't hold your breath pal!

They said they would conduct their transfers quickly, thay have and thats it.

Blackpool asked for 7M for Ince and then cup tied him which I assume has pissed Buck off big time (would piss me off if I was LFC manager). He ain't worth the cash and he really needs to cast his net wider as narrow appraoch to transfers is gonna cost us mega cash!

Wrong.

Blackpool have got the option of another year on his contract.

Has he signed on for the extra year then ? surely its upto him if he wants to sign for the year and not Blackpool ? , you're alluding that its upto Blackpool whether or not he signs for another year , what is the score on this ?

He's also wrong because you have to be playing abroad to sign a pre contract agreement

For some reason you seem to think i stated it as fact that we could get Ince on a pre contract , if you read the post properly i did say ' if we can do it ' as i wasn't sure about the rules regarding pre contract agreements.

He signed a 2 year contract with them that runs out this summer , theres this option of another year which clouds it , surely its up to Ince whether he signs for the extra year ?

it depends, in some cases the club holds the option and it is there sole discretion whether it gets extended and in some case it is the player so they could choose to stay at a club even if the club didn't want them

Ince will have agreed to including the option when he signed the deal so if it is in the clubs favour they can do what they want

What if the player doesn't want another year. Who is the option signed with.

Thats the question , it would be inexplicable for Liverpool to pay them millions if we can get him for a small bit of compo in the summer , whats the rush with him ? its not like hes going to make much difference for the rest of the season.

it depends, in some cases the club holds the option and it is there sole discretion whether it gets extended and in some case it is the player so they could choose to stay at a club even if the club didn't want them

Ince will have agreed to including the option when he signed the deal so if it is in the clubs favour they can do what they want

Cheers for the answer , so theres still questions as to who its up to , bit of a strange situation.

He's also wrong because you have to be playing abroad to sign a pre contract agreement

Not quite wrong (unless I am wrong, which is also possible). You have to be abroad to sign pre contract agreement in the 6 months before it ends, but I think you can sign one 1 month before it ends in the country you are playing in.

In reality though, a deal could also be agreed on the hush hush

my 2nd ideal signing is Walcott, who now doesn't seem like he will be on the move

He was my 1st ideal signing.

Seems he's not coming.

So to be honest I never wanted that headless chicken, sprinter turned footballer who can't cross anyway.

Honestly.

He was my 1st ideal signing.

Seems he's not coming.

So to be honest I never wanted that headless chicken, sprinter turned footballer who can't cross anyway.

Honestly.

We've had many a headless chicken in recent years. More than I can count. But none of them were ever credited with 8 goals and 8 assists at only halfway through a season.

I hear we are getting Torres back for 20million

providing Chelsea pay us the fee upfront

I drive past a farm field on the way to work.

Every day the same scarecrow stands there 24 hours a day, sun, snow, rain or wind.

The poor scarecrow needs someone to lighten his workload as he ages..........

We've had many a headless chicken in recent years. More than I can count. But none of them were ever credited with 8 goals and 8 assists at only halfway through a season.

His recent form is why I wanted him, he would suit our current set up.

Now he's on the verge of signing a new contract with Wenger, 8 assists or not, he's gone back to a headless chicken.

Giroud and Podolski will eventually push him back out wide once he commits.

With the trophyless clamour gaining ground this season, I can see them buying more firepower, even though the Villa rumour has been dampened, which would push his 'down the centre' wet dream further out wide and into more headlessness.

Edited by amli

I'm still hoping the Ince deal is off and is never going to happen.

Unless he has improved by a massive amount he will not offer us anything more than we have now.

Was nothing special when he was here first time around.

Shelvey scored easily in the Championship as did players like Danny Graham. Yet we have people saying Shelvey isn't good enough and people would go nuts if we tried to sign Danny Graham.

Looks like Wilfred Zahar is going to the Mancs. 12M and they're going to let him stay at Palace for the rest of the season.

What was all that flannel from FSG about buying young talent' date=' young British talent.

Or have I missed out the important word, cheap?![/quote']

To be fair they spent £35m on Carroll and £16m on Henderson.. (Good fucking God) So you havent realky missed anything. Seems like Rodgers rate Ince higher than Zaha.. Not sure why.