You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The ideal January signing

Bert

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I'd swap Downing for Messi.

Here's a plan: we swap all our shit players for all the best players in the world in their respective positions.

Good thinking, Glock. Wish we'd thought of this great plan years ago.

Downing and Henderson both made the 22 man squad for the Euros only 4 months ago. Somebody must want them.

If only Hodgson was still a club manager.

Or better still Kenny, at least that way we would make a profit on the sale:whistle:

Not sure about that Messi-Downing swap, it might be a bit over the top. But Dowining-David Villa is on imo.

January?! ffs I thought we'd be back earlier.

"Smart" decision to leave the team with two strikers.

who comes on here when they are clearly propping up the bar of their local?

The other day? Have you actually watched Suarez before he joined Liverpool?

Uruguay reached the WC semi final and won the Copa America in 2011 with Suarez, Forlan and Cavani up front.

Cavani only started two games in the copa america, the first two group games, and then the rest of the tournament was played with Suarez leading the line and Forlan behind him as Cavani was injured.

If you're going to lie about something at least make it something that isn't easily disproven via google!

Cavani only started two games in the copa america, the first two group games, and then the rest of the tournament was played with Suarez leading the line and Forlan behind him as Cavani was injured.

If you're going to lie about something at least make it something that isn't easily disproven via google!

So you admit that there was another striker on the pitch alongside Suarez. Who is lying again?

"Only" two games with the full trident of Forlan-Suarez-Cavani? Add to those "only two" games another five games in the World Cup.

So you admit that there was another striker on the pitch alongside Suarez. Who is lying again?

"Only" two games with the full trident of Forlan-Suarez-Cavani? Add to those "only two" games another five games in the World Cup.

I said Forlan was playing in behind Suarez in my first post on the thread aswell. So not sure what I'd be admitting to as I've been saying it all along.

Maybe we just don't have the same definition for 'lone striker'.

The other bonus about Bent (I say this as though there are quite a few!) - is that he may bridge the gap until Yesil/Morgan/Jordan develop, Bent in our current team (Suarez out) would be shit, Bent in a team with Walcott, Sterling and Gerrard playing behind would be okay (in the short term). And we get rid of Downing!

I said Forlan was playing in behind Suarez in my first post on the thread aswell. So not sure what I'd be admitting to as I've been saying it all along.

Maybe we just don't have the same definition for 'lone striker'.

You called me a liar. Although I proved to you that you are telling half the truth about the games Cavani-Suarez-Forlan started for Uruguay.

Practically you claim that in his national team Suarez is played as a lone striker while you admit that he's been always used alongside another striker and most the time he played alongside two strikers. So your conclusion is that, we don't need another striker, especially a forward like Cavani, which is very odd, considering the above.

I'm sure you've spotted how empty remains the opposition box and that there is no one to combine with Suarez. Two shots against Chelsea and Rodgers said that's not good enough. I agree. We don't simply need a striker, we are desperate. Our number one priority.

Edited by Nightcat