You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The ideal January signing

Bert

I don't, just commenting on him. I don't think we have a chance of signing Hamsik either, which is good because I think he is shit.

Ha, I'm the same with Hamsik. I'm sure he does good stuff sometimes, it just happens to have never been the 20 or so times I've seen him play.

Hard to really analyse Eriksen's quality. Neither Ajax or Denmark are particularly good. Isn't he only about 19?

Either way, of all the fucking positions we need strengthening attacking central midfield should be a long way down the pecking order. Filed alongside rightback.

Posters are complaining that were not getting enough men in the box when we attack, (me included) the reason for this is that we dont have a reliable holding DM who the team can count on to shore up the middle when things go wrong,fuck the striker lets buy a good DM and if he can pass a ball so much the better.

Posters are complaining that were not getting enough men in the box when we attack, (me included) the reason for this is that we dont have a reliable holding DM who the team can count on to shore up the middle when things go wrong,fuck the striker lets buy a good DM and if he can pass a ball so much the better.

Lucas Leiva.

Talkshite has linked us to Jackson Martinez AGAIN...

was available for 6ish mil in the summer, now has a buy out of 18 mil. scored 10 in 11 games so far for Porto.

does my tits in when you see what we could have had at a good price.

Some forums (Liverpool Kop I think was one of them) were jizzing over this guy during the summer with fans screaming "give him a go Buck". I saw some YouTube stuff and he looked good, but it was in a shitty league (Mexican I think). So I don't blame Liverpool not going in for him as the chances of becoming a dud were more than 50:50 in my opinion. Going to a team and country like Porto and Portugal was probably better for him than being dumped in the Middle of London, playing for Spurs or the Chavs.

not seen him play for a bit but always thought that Antoine Griezmann from Sociedad would do well for us

He's one of those players everyone was hyping to fuck about a year ago but you hardly ever hear about now. Same with Moussa Sissoko who was last linked with Newcastle for £4 million.

Hunterlaar and Walcott for £15m in total. Recoup that plus a bit with sale of carroll

Why would either of those join us though?

I don't think either fit the profile either. Huntelaar is 29 and I don't think he'd represent any value in the same way they didn't think Dempsey would and Walcott would demand massive wages by all accounts.

I'd love us to sign at least one of them, but don't think they're realistic targets.