You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jason Roberts has caused a bit of a stir by declaring he won't be wearing a Kick it Out T-Shirt before our game this Saturday.

The Demented One has also waded in and says Roberts is wrong to not wear one. Ferguson was as classy as ever:

"All the players are wearing it. I have only heard that Jason Roberts is different. But he is very different: he plays a game and is in the studio 20 minutes after it. That is a great privilege."

Anyway, whatever his reasons I think Roberts is taking the correct stance here. Kick it Out are nothing but fucking hypocrites. They could not stop talking about how awful we were during the Suarez/Evra situation yet were strangely a lot more quiet about John Terry. Why? Does it have anything to do with the fact that the Kick it Out leader, Piara Powar, is also a director at the Chelsea FC Foundation?

I back the sentiment of the Kick it Out campaign as we all want to see racism eradicated from football, but I can't support a organisation that purports to want equality in football when it comes to race yet at the same time be biased due to club loyalties.

BBC Sport - Sir Alex Ferguson questions Jason Roberts Kick It Out stance

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why Ferguson, or why the media has to ask Ferguson, to comment on everything.

Who fucking cares if Roberts isn't wearing a t-shirt? And does a t-shirt really mean anything? What awareness is it bringing? Why not have 38 weeks of t-shirts:

Week 1- Don't Drink Drive. DDD

Week 2- Peadophia is Bad

Week 3- Listening to Justin Bieber Causes AIDS

I'm fucking sick of it all. NFL players in pink shoes. Yellow ribbons, blue ribbons, Racism is Bad, etc. It's a fucking football game. You know what? There's loads of black players in the League. We've got some. How theyu step on the same field as that Ghana-robbing negro-calling Uruguyan I don't know. The NFL does not give two fucks about breast cancer but they do know that loads of women are watching the games now and they can sell loads of pink shite to them.

Tell you what, when the NFL players, owners, sports books and tv empires negotiate 5% of all NFL revenue goes to breast cancer than I'll be impressed.

When people who spout shite like 'choc ice' and 'coconut' are punished the same as someone saying black cunt or making a banana remark than I'll be impressed.

I fucking read somewhere from that Ousley chap that the Ferdinand family has suffered becuase Terry and Chelsea were not throwing themsleves in apology. Suffered? What? He called him a black cunt. Jesus, Danny Rose I can see having a hoarde of braying Serbs monkey chanting him or the constant real racist shite in Russia or even the Spanish league, but Anton and Rio?

And the fact that Russian has the WC in 2018 is going to egg on English FA to embarass FIFA.

Can Zenit still sign black players?? Is the Hulk allowed to practice with the white Russians? No, let's worry about the Ferdinands and the terrible abuse they have put up with.

Now Alex, what exactly did Peter Schmeichel say to Ian Wright?

Read the Ferguson piece, then read what Ousley said in the related articles, and also what Roberts said the day before.

What? Doesn't correlate, first Ousley supports Roberts and then the next day he asks what Roberts hopes to achieve by not wearing the shirt. Oh, as opposed to what you believe will happen if he does wear the shirt?

Ferguson then saying that he doesn't see what point that Roberts is trying to make. Could he be anymore condescending towards a senior black professional trying to make a point about racism?

Mind you, there's nothing to stop Ferguson now that Gill is entrenched in the FA hierarchy. Something really unsavoury might happen one of these days, fans are being taken for mugs and someone, somewhere, is going to be just the right amount pissed, be just the right amount unhinged, and be just within touching distance of Ferguson, be it inside or outside of a match.

To be fair I don't understand what he is trying to say!

I like Roberts, thought he was wrong with Suarez and couldn't have disagreed more with him on that, but I quite like him and he is certainly more interesting than that post op tranny they usually have on MOTD 2.

But I don't see what he is trying to say here!

He's complaining about how long it took the FA to deal with the Twrry case, and the paltry ban handed to him. He is of the opinion that the Kick it Out gang should have gone mental over that and demanded sterner punishment, but they chose to do nothing, as most of these wank talking shops tend to do when anything important comes up.

It's funny how people like Jason Roberts, who praised the FA for their 'thoroughness' and stance regarding Suarez's alleged offence, who were fully behind the FA's procedure for establishing the level of punishment to be meted out (as outlined in the Suarez report), who did not raise a peep about how much influence or lack thereof the likes of Kick It Out or FARE tried to put on the case, are suddenly critical of the FA and Kick It Out with regards to John Terry's punishment, despite the same criteria being applied. If a white player had been the subject of alleged racial abuse, I'm not sure people like Jason Roberts would be nearly as vociferous. I might be wrong about him on that score, but that's the impression he gives me.

My own view, and probably the one thing I agree with xerxes on (!), is that something as serious as racial abuse should not be dealt with by the FA at all. In any other scenario, racial abuse is deemed a criminal offence, and should be dealt with accordingly through those channels instead. There is a massive stigma attached with being labelled racist, and an awareness of that fact means guilt must be proven with the highest burden of proof legally applicable.

He's complaining about how long it took the FA to deal with the Twrry case, and the paltry ban handed to him. He is of the opinion that the Kick it Out gang should have gone mental over that and demanded sterner punishment, but they chose to do nothing, as most of these wank talking shops tend to do when anything important comes up.

And for once in his life, he's right.

Do people really think that we should be handing out big bans because two players are fighting on the pitch and one says "black" one time, he should be branded racist for the rest of his life ? has the world gone mental ?

A black person can abuse a white person for a whole match calling him all names under the sun and about his skin color and no one would give a flying fuck.

Why didn't the "kick it out" campaign go after Evra when he was abusing Suarez about south americans ?

Do people really think that we should be handing out big bans because two players are fighting on the pitch and one says "black" one time, he should be branded racist for the rest of his life ?

I just want to see some consistency from the FA instead of all the shit flying our way whenever they want to make a point.

Jason Roberts is a Grade A cunt, who is happy to oppose racism, but supports one player physically assaulting another because the player with superior skill 'taunted' the other with the ball.

That said, Ferguson should keep his mouth shut.

I don't understand why Ferguson, or why the media has to ask Ferguson, to comment on everything.

Who fucking cares if Roberts isn't wearing a t-shirt? And does a t-shirt really mean anything? What awareness is it bringing? Why not have 38 weeks of t-shirts:

Week 1- Don't Drink Drive. DDD

Week 2- Peadophia is Bad

Week 3- Listening to Justin Bieber Causes AIDS

I'm fucking sick of it all. NFL players in pink shoes. Yellow ribbons, blue ribbons, Racism is Bad, etc. It's a fucking football game. You know what? There's loads of black players in the League. We've got some. How theyu step on the same field as that Ghana-robbing negro-calling Uruguyan I don't know. The NFL does not give two fucks about breast cancer but they do know that loads of women are watching the games now and they can sell loads of pink shite to them.

Tell you what, when the NFL players, owners, sports books and tv empires negotiate 5% of all NFL revenue goes to breast cancer than I'll be impressed.

When people who spout shite like 'choc ice' and 'coconut' are punished the same as someone saying black cunt or making a banana remark than I'll be impressed.

I fucking read somewhere from that Ousley chap that the Ferdinand family has suffered becuase Terry and Chelsea were not throwing themsleves in apology. Suffered? What? He called him a black cunt. Jesus, Danny Rose I can see having a hoarde of braying Serbs monkey chanting him or the constant real racist shite in Russia or even the Spanish league, but Anton and Rio?

And the fact that Russian has the WC in 2018 is going to egg on English FA to embarass FIFA.

Can Zenit still sign black players?? Is the Hulk allowed to practice with the white Russians? No, let's worry about the Ferdinands and the terrible abuse they have put up with.

Now Alex, what exactly did Peter Schmeichel say to Ian Wright?

Quality rant!

I hate having to say this because racism should be unheard of in 2012, but no wonder they think racism is a big problem when players and the FA cry about cases like Suarez and Terry. A foreigner who barely speaks English gets banned eight games without any real proof he said anything of that kind while the England captain who should know better gets off with four games because he only said it once.

Fuck off with this false outrage about the so-called racism problem. Go and ask John Barnes, or even worse Paul Canoville who was subjected to it by his own fans, about racism in football. Some of those complaining these days are fucking below average who only want a place in the spotlight. The so-called racism in English football is a fucking drop of piss in the ocean compared to what goes on in Eastern Europe.

Guest davelfc

For those who didn’t stand on terraces in the 1970s allow me give you a little snapshot.

Specifically, how the rare sight of a black player was greeted by some of the people around you. Monkey grunts, and chants of “get back on your jam-jar” would be interspersed with screams of “kill the black b*****d” often by a man with a kid on his shoulders.

In other words, it was pretty much like Serbia today. Or other parts of former Yugoslavia, the former Soviet Union and occasionally Spain and Italy.

I offer the brief history lesson in the context of certain black players refusing to take part in Kick It Out week because they feel the organisation has done nothing during this past, traumatic year, to speak for them.

Any frustration is understandable, especially with regards to John Terry. Why did it take so long to bring him to justice?

Why, after finding his evidence “implausible” was he only given half the ban handed to Luis Suarez?

Why didn’t Kick It Out attack the judicial system for finding him innocent or the PFA for hiding away in its ivory tower?

So if Jason Roberts feels that he doesn’t want to wear the shirt of an impotent organisation, who can argue with him?

Whether Rio Ferdinand can occupy the same moral high ground though, is questionable. If Terry’s defence was implausible so was his when he claimed there were no racial undertones to him approving, then re-tweeting, the accusation that Ashley Cole was a “choc-ice.”

Of course there was. He was stating that Cole was black on the outside and white on the inside. In other words an Uncle Tom. And Ferdinand knew it. So why did he escape with only a £45,000 fine?

Might the answer be that dealing with this issue is about as easy as counting grains of sand in a hurricane? Especially when the best legal teams can be hired, it is one man’s word against another’s, intent can never be proven and officially declaring someone a racist cannot be taken lightly.

Which is why, no matter how the FA had handled the Suarez and Terry cases, they were always going to be on a hiding-to-nothing.

Looking back over the year, we can question their urgency and their judgements but we surely cannot doubt their will to tackle racism. Especially at a time when the head of FIFA said racial abuse should be sorted out by a hand-shake, and the rest of the world’s FAs were astonished that English football found his words so offensive.

Can you imagine any of them pursuing such a high-profile international as Terry on a racist charge after he’d been cleared of it in court?

You only had to see the shamefully insensitive response from the Serbian FA to the events in Krusevac on Tuesday to realise that they are in dangerous denial on the subject. As are FIFA, UEFA and too many other FAs.

English football has no room for complacency over racism but this past year has at least proved it is not in denial.

The truth is, there is probably no better country in Europe for a black footballer to be playing than in England and certainly no better time.

Brian Reade column on why black footballers have it better in England than anywhere else, England fans, Strachan for Scotland, FA Twitter fans and more Racist England? The truth is there is nowhere better in Europe for a black footballer to be playin

The words "braindead fucking idiot" don't even come close where you're concerned.

Makes you sleep better at night thinking that doesn't it. No worries, I don't take it personally.

And zig, your comment about saying it in Brixton makes no sense. Polling stations will be open in Brxton on Nov 15, and I don't thnk you'll find any employers there refusing to hire black people either.

What Brian Reade doesn't address is the fact that Suarez was denied any chance to defend himself during his 'trial'. That is by far a bigger issue than 'racism', the fact his basic human rights to defend himself from such a serious accusation was not granted.

The FA have handled the racism thing appallingly in my view, offering shades of grey by having alternate penalties for differing circumstances regarding racism. It's a nonsense, with Suarez, Terry, Ferdinand and Cole all treated very differently for allegedly uttering race-related comments. It's lucky for the FA that Suarez did not get his own legal team to challenge them, with Livrpool FC pleading Suarez to accept it and move on, otherwise the FA would have been shown up very publicly.

A few racist people does not mean that racism is rife or in need of urgent attention. No more than a couple of murders does not make this country an archaic and lawless cess pit of despair where your kids are in constant danger of being abducted and bummed.

What really takes the piss though is the Kck it Out campaign and their stance that racist supporters be thrown out of grounds and banned forever, and yet footballers themselves are immune from the same treatment. Ether Kick Them Out, as you so clearly tell us, or change the campaign name to Fine Them and Educate Them. Either way, I'm not at all surprised Roberts is refusing to take part in this choreographed bollocks.