You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ferguson telling the BBC that Ferdinand will be punished by the club for not wearing the Tshirt.

For what exactly? How is that going to work?

The only time to punish Ferdinand on this was when he tweeted "choc ice" as an insult referring to skin colour and they shat out of that

Ferdinand decided to join Roberts in this 'protest'. Of course Ferguson took this news graciously.

"I'm very disappointed, he has let us down," Ferguson said after the Stoke game.

"I said yesterday that the players would be wearing it in support of the Professional Footballers Association and that every player should adhere to it. And he goes and lets us down.

"It is embarrassing for me. He will be dealt with, no doubt about that."

Ferguson is spot on. If they want to make a stand against racism then running away and forming breakaway groups and cliques isnt the way forward. It just causes more problems.

what's this about then?

What are they spoked to be achieving exactly?

He'll fine him for not wearing a tshirt but doesn't mind him calling a fellow black pro a 'choc ice'?

What's he having a go at Ferdinand for now then?

Clear as mud, it's a complete circus.

Makes you sleep better at night thinking that doesn't it. No worries, I don't take it personally.

And zig, your comment about saying it in Brixton makes no sense. Polling stations will be open in Brxton on Nov 15, and I don't thnk you'll find any employers there refusing to hire black people either.

You're lucky enough never to have been on the sharp end of racial abuse. I suggested you try that line face to face with those who have, but you won't because you're too much of a coward.

Seriously, go out on the streets in Brixton and try telling some black lads it's not racist to call them a "fucking black cunt".

I suspect they might disagree rather forcefully.

Well Ferdinand has obviously made this stance on the grounds of principle, Ferguson doesn't agree and punishment will follow. The grounds of principle won't change so surely Ferdinand has to reject any punishment therefore hopefully causing a shit storm. It would be quite fitting if the shit storm Ferguson helped create went full circle and blew up in his face.

Unless Ferdinand has been told by his manager to stay off Twitter, I fully expect someone on here to post Ferdinand's Twitter thoughts on what happened today. It would be funny if it wasn't an apology to his manager, just to see what happens next.

Ferguson and Ferdinand are both utter gobshites.

Fergusons despotic streak is on full show there in disagreeing with a person's legitimate right to protest but, at the same time, Ferdinand's actions are hypocritical after the whole 'choc ice' thing and he's that much of a gobshite the irony of his actions have gone right over his head.

They're both a pair of dickheads. Neither is right. They're two bald men fighting over which one deserves a comb the most.

Fuck the pair of them.

Ferguson and Ferdinand are both utter gobshites.

Fergusons despotic streak is on full show there in disagreeing with a person's legitimate right to protest but, at the same time, Ferdinand's actions are hypocritical after the whole 'choc ice' thing and he's that much of a gobshite the irony of his actions have gone right over his head.

They're both a pair of dickheads. Neither is right. They're two bald men fighting over which one deserves a comb the most.

Fuck the pair of them.

Summed up nicely by dear Faustus.

He's disgraced and embarrassed the club. He should be sold and never play for the club again.

Remember those words? They go both ways. But I bet they don't count when it's one of his own.

Ferguson is a bully thing that makes me laugh is the fact he's an old man and no one stands up to him :whatever:

BBC Sport - Michel Vorm calls for more action on racism after T-shirt protest

So, the entire Swansea and Wigan teams boycotted the t-shirt, as did Man City and Chelsea this weekend?

Plus players from United, Reading, QPR and Everton...

Pienaar boycotted it, yeah, he probably knows fuck all about race issues as well Fergie lad.

Really interesting political story developing here I think.

So, the entire Swansea and Wigan teams boycotted the t-shirt, as did Man City and Chelsea this weekend?

Pienaar boycotted it, yeah, he probably knows fuck all about race issues as well Fergie lad.

Not sure about the others but I think in Everton's case their players have been lukewarm towards this since the Emre case ( worse than Suarez & Terry ) which was fobbed off as the FA didn't want to really get involved & they got no back up from the Kick people. Lescott has not worn the t-shirt ever since I believe.

Ferguson has made himself look really stupid here.

I personally think all this anti racism stuff is a load of bollocks. Quite frankly i don't think its needed nowadays and certainly not shoved down our throats and the littlest thing made headline news every other week.

Great strides have been made over the last 2 years, so much so that incidents are very few and far between. Far worse things imo are said & sung in the stands at football matches every week. Why aren't these being made an example of - why is it just racism that is seen as the biggest evil?

If a PL player game out as Gay I reckon he'd suffer infinite more abuse than the likes of that twat Roberts has ever in his whole career suffered. Would also be interested to hear how much sexist abuse women officials get above the usual stuff. etc etc

FWIW i don't believe there is a racist problem in football anymore than there is in society. If Kick it Out & any other organisations think they can completely abolish it from the English game then they are deluded.

What Brian Reade doesn't address is the fact that Suarez was denied any chance to defend himself during his 'trial'. That is by far a bigger issue than 'racism', the fact his basic human rights to defend himself from such a serious accusation was not granted.

The FA have handled the racism thing appallingly in my view, offering shades of grey by having alternate penalties for differing circumstances regarding racism. It's a nonsense, with Suarez, Terry, Ferdinand and Cole all treated very differently for allegedly uttering race-related comments. It's lucky for the FA that Suarez did not get his own legal team to challenge them, with Livrpool FC pleading Suarez to accept it and move on, otherwise the FA would have been shown up very publicly.

A few racist people does not mean that racism is rife or in need of urgent attention. No more than a couple of murders does not make this country an archaic and lawless cess pit of despair where your kids are in constant danger of being abducted and bummed.

What really takes the piss though is the Kck it Out campaign and their stance that racist supporters be thrown out of grounds and banned forever, and yet footballers themselves are immune from the same treatment. Ether Kick Them Out, as you so clearly tell us, or change the campaign name to Fine Them and Educate Them. Either way, I'm not at all surprised Roberts is refusing to take part in this choreographed bollocks.

I disagree that Suarez wasn't given the chance to defend himself. He was, and did. I know that's not going to be well received on a Liverpool forum, but I believe it to be the truth.

The 'problem' was that the FA chose to find Suarez's view harder to believe than Evra's, and there were VERY questionable comments about Evra's good nature and that he came across as more genuine... it wasn't helped by Evra's better English language skills either.

What I'm saying is... he WAS given (and he took) his chance to defend. The FA just chose to believe Evra, for reasons that I still find incredulous.

Ferguson is a bully thing that makes me laugh is the fact he's an old man and no one stands up to him :whatever:

Will be interesting to see if Ferdinand backs down, if he doesn't then it might become a bit tricky for Ferguson.

Whilst I wouldn't claim to be Ferdinand's biggest fan, it does seem to be rather bizarre that a campaign led by the FA is basically expected to be mandatory. Ferdinand as a black man and relative of a recent victim of racism at the hands of Chelsea's captain according to the FA might well be within his rights to reject the FA's claims and campaign given the feeble nature of the punishment handed down to Terry both from the FA and Chelsea. Terry sum punishiment adds up to little more than a couple of week wages and a short ban, that's hardly kicking racism out of football as the FA state.

It does seem to be rather questionable for Ferguson to order a black player to take part in an anti racism campaign the player clearly has legitimate reservations about.

I personally think all this anti racism stuff is a load of bollocks. Quite frankly i don't think its needed nowadays and certainly not shoved down our throats and the littlest thing made headline news every other week.

Great strides have been made over the last 2 years, so much so that incidents are very few and far between. Far worse things imo are said & sung in the stands at football matches every week. Why aren't these being made an example of - why is it just racism that is seen as the biggest evil?

If a PL player game out as Gay I reckon he'd suffer infinite more abuse than the likes of that twat Roberts has ever in his whole career suffered. Would also be interested to hear how much sexist abuse women officials get above the usual stuff. etc etc

FWIW i don't believe there is a racist problem in football anymore than there is in society. If Kick it Out & any other organisations think they can completely abolish it from the English game then they are deluded.

I couldn't give a fuck either. All this fucking bollocks about forced handshakes and wearing fucking T-shirts. Just play football and fucking shut up. I don't give a fuck what you say, think, or wear

And we're not involved for once. Nice to sit back and watch the whole thing unravel and shitstorm develop.