You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Early thoughts on Rodgers

fowler9

When can we start the "Intermediate thoughts on Rodgers" thread?

Or would some prefer we go straight to the "Final verdict on Rodgers" thread?

I think this is the "Final verdict on Rodgers" thread.

Not to be confused with the "Rodgers out" thread that was started toward the end of last year.

Most managers have mixed records on signings. You think we can just get a manager in who'll deliver 100% success in the market?

No. Just manager who does not think that Fabio Borini and Joe Allen would improve the team. Remeber these two played under him previously so he knows them well. And he still bought them.

No. Just manager who does not think that Fabio Borini and Joe Allen would improve the team. Remeber these two played under him previously so he knows them well. And he still bought them.

I think writing off players after six months is equally as foolhardy as writing off the manager after the same time period. I know you and your ilk want immediate results but some things take time. Longer than half a season, anyway.

Seen enough of Allen to know in his proper position (middle of a midfield 3) he will excell.

Borini has good movement is pretty much a kid so there is still time for him.

So both signings are one for the future, and even though that sucks because we need improvement to the team now I don't class them as bad signings.

Seen enough of Allen to know in his proper position (middle of a midfield 3) he will excell.

Borini has good movement is pretty much a kid so there is still time for him.

So both signings are one for the future, and even though that sucks because we need improvement to the team now I don't class them as bad signings.

Nope, they're both rubbish. They've showed that in the 5 minutes they've been given to prove themselves. You should know that absolutely no one gets a chance to improve or settle down and need to be shit hot in the first games or they're rubbish forever.

It's the liverpool way. Well, it's the liverpoolway.co.uk at least. (See what I did there?)