Quantcast
Guardiola: Liverpool are the toughest opponent in my managerial career - Latest News - The Liverpool Way Jump to content


TLW
TLW
Sign in to follow this  

Guardiola: Liverpool are the toughest opponent in my managerial career

Pep Guardiola has paid a level of respect to this current Liverpool side saying that they are the toughest opponent he has had in his managerial career.

After City won the last two Premier League titles which included a captivating battle with the Reds last season, many thought there would be a repeat in the 2019/20 season.

However Liverpool had other ideas leaving every team in their wake as they marched to a first league title in 30 years.

The Spaniard has tasted success at every managerial post he has held but he admits that he has has been tested like never before by Jurgen Klopp over the past two seasons.

 

image.png

The Mirror (via DAZN) reported Guardiola as saying:

“The toughest opponent I've ever faced in my career is this Liverpool from last year and this one,"

“If you let yourself be dominated, they lock you in the area and you can't escape. When you dominate them, they run into space like no one else. They are very fast going backwards.

"They are very strong strategically.

 

"Their players have great mental strength. [Klopp] is the rival who has made me think about how to beat him the most."

Guardiola referenced his famous and fierce battles with Real Madrid saying that they made him the manager he is today.

However, he is adamant that no challenge has been greater than the one he is currently facing.

"I have always said that Real Madrid are a very strong team in my career, they helped me to become a better coach with tough matches and competitions with Jose Mourinho, [Manuel] Pellegrini and all the coaches they had.

"If you ask me which has been the most difficult rival for me to face, it has been Liverpool. The first years when I arrived in England, Liverpool were a bit weaker than now and Real Madrid were stronger. 

“Now, this Liverpool are the hardest I have come across in my coaching career."



 


Sign in to follow this  


User Feedback

Recommended Comments

He’s a cunt. Always has been but it’s been hidden better. Now he’s feeling a bit of pressure his mask is slipping.

 

At least Jose was a cunt to your face. 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Regency bias.

 

Maureen’s Real gave him a real hard time as well,  so much so he had to ponce around NY like some transient hipster fuck giving interviews to all and sundry about how his ‘footballing philosophy’ drains him mentally, this is despite having a generational team and almost unlimited funds. Surprised he didn’t fuck fitba off completely and go about his true passion, telling you he was in to your favourite band before they were famous and now they’re terrible and drinking mung bean lattes, if it was that taxing.

 

He moves to Bayern where he does nothing exceptional apart from looking gormless as they’re knocked out of another champions league despite having resources only a few can compare with. 
 

Moves to City with the cheat codes, does as expected with the resources available, except of course winning the champions league because, of course, ‘UEFA’, and bores  the rest of football in to submission to the degree they can’t get angry at the sport washing that’s taking place by his human right avoiding paymasters. Finds his first real challenge in English football, coincidently, as he’s coming to the end of his ‘project’ with City. 

 

He’ll be back troubling Brooklyn bodega staff about the provenance of their twinkies within the year and pontificating on the purity of his City team and the struggles he faced with the resources and help the Liverpool juggernaut had against plucky little City.


‘I mean how can we compete. We only had £300m worth of left backs and the had Andy Robertson. It’s just not the game I fell in love with’

 

The bald fraud! 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just because you’re paranoid,

Don’t mean they’re not after you,

Gotta find a way, find a way, when I'm there,
Gotta find a way, a better way, I'd better wait,
Gotta find a way, find a way, when I'm there,
Gotta find a way, a better way, I'd better wait!

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

All I'm reading is

 

"They are very good Daddy Sheik, I need more money" 

 

Actual footage of Pep in his last meeting with the owners 

 

tenor.gif?itemid=5012582

 

 

Apparently City have spent around £335m on their defence since Pep arrived. Interested to know how much Klopp has actually spent on defense without factoring in sales. Perhaps half of that, mostly taken up by Alisson and van Dijk. 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TLW said:

Pep Guardiola has paid a level of respect to this current Liverpool side saying that they are the toughest opponent he has had in his managerial career.

After City won the last two Premier League titles which included a captivating battle with the Reds last season, many thought there would be a repeat in the 2019/20 season.

However Liverpool had other ideas leaving every team in their wake as they marched to a first league title in 30 years.

The Spaniard has tasted success at every managerial post he has held but he admits that he has has been tested like never before by Jurgen Klopp over the past two seasons.

 

image.png

The Mirror (via DAZN) reported Guardiola as saying:

“The toughest opponent I've ever faced in my career is this Liverpool from last year and this one,"

“If you let yourself be dominated, they lock you in the area and you can't escape. When you dominate them, they run into space like no one else. They are very fast going backwards.

"They are very strong strategically.

 

"Their players have great mental strength. [Klopp] is the rival who has made me think about how to beat him the most."

Guardiola referenced his famous and fierce battles with Real Madrid saying that they made him the manager he is today.

However, he is adamant that no challenge has been greater than the one he is currently facing.

"I have always said that Real Madrid are a very strong team in my career, they helped me to become a better coach with tough matches and competitions with Jose Mourinho, [Manuel] Pellegrini and all the coaches they had.

"If you ask me which has been the most difficult rival for me to face, it has been Liverpool. The first years when I arrived in England, Liverpool were a bit weaker than now and Real Madrid were stronger. 

“Now, this Liverpool are the hardest I have come across in my coaching career."



 

 

View full article

 

 

Sickening.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lee909 said:

All I'm reading is

 

"They are very good Daddy Sheik, I need more money" 

 

Actual footage of Pep in his last meeting with the owners 

 

tenor.gif?itemid=5012582

 

 

Spot on. 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Apparently City have spent around £335m on their defence since Pep arrived. Interested to know how much Klopp has actually spent on defense without factoring in sales. Perhaps half of that, mostly taken up by Alisson and van Dijk. 

 

Matip - Free

Karius 4.7ml

Klavan 4.2

Robbo 8ml

van Dijk 70ml

Alisson 60ml

van den Berg 1.3ml

 

So without goalkeepers £83.5 million. 

 

Our back 5 cost £138ml or £140ml depending on Gomez/Matip. 

 

 

 

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

 

Matip - Free

Karius 4.7ml

Klavan 4.2

Robbo 8ml

van Dijk 70ml

Alisson 60ml

van den Berg 1.3ml

 

So without goalkeepers £83.5 million. 

 

Our back 5 cost £138ml or £140ml depending on Gomez/Matip. 

 

 

 

 

I believe Gomez was signed while Rodgers was at the club? So defenders have cost less than a quarter? I say let Pep have as much money as he likes, isn't hasn't worked up to this point.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites


Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×