1. 3 points. Is right!
2. It was never comfortable was it? At two-nil I thought we’d need at least one more (and possibly two) and so it proved.
3. I can’t believe people are criticising Salah’s finishing. That was his sixth of the season. He plays wide forward, his figures are better than one in two, he’s only just arrived at Liverpool and he’d previously had less than twenty games in English football. What more could anyone possibly ask for?
4. I’m now all in on Team Mig. He’s never going to be a true great, but the lad is now a very good keeper with no real weaknesses in my view. He was ripped off for the pen but saved it anyway, dealt with all kinds of aerial bombs and his kicking has improved exponentially. People throwing mud his way now are not watching what’s in front their eyes in my opinion.
5. It’s now clear that Jurgen “development/long term” Klopp will keep selecting players whose form is variable (at best). Generally, of these young experimental picks, Gomez has looked one of the more reliable. The space he gave Albrighton in the run up to their second though was shocking. Still looks the best bet of the young defenders to me though (Trent is a midfielder surely?).
6. Coutinho was superb while on the pitch. The whole back injury thing was embarrassing but I’m not especially arsed by anything else regarding him from the summer. We did very well to keep him on this evidence.
7. I thought Hendo was very good today, too.
8. Daniel Sturridge oozed class when he came on. With a more robust body he’d be an all-time Liverpool great by now. No doubt. I’ll settle for this though. We were right to keep him.
9. Firmino had a stinker. He never stopped running though so he gets a pass.
10. I feel much better after a win, no matter how tight. That said, in the context of the way The Mancs and especially City have started the season, we’ve been mediocre. The attack needs to be more ruthless and the defence needs a revolution. For tonight though, it feels good to just have a win. Roll on Moscow.