You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torrent News

bri

Asking for a friend...

Can anybody recommend a good site at the minute for a Virgin Media customer?

Pirate Bay & KAT seen very slow on the uptake these days, to the point he's not even sure they are being updated.

If anybody has an invite to another site, if you could forward me it on, I'll pass the details over.

Cheers

PM me an email address

Can't get my head around people still using torrent for warez or movies/music. Isn't that dangerous as fuck basically everywhere now?

It's utterly and totally ridiculous, extremely dangerous.  I myself have personally been arrested no fewer than four times, and in fact I'm writing this from prison.  It's completely impossible to hide yourself from the authorities, they're absolutely everywhere.  No simple Chrome addons or VPNs or anything can keep you safe.

In fact, I would definitely NEVER recommend that anyone use the kickass.cd link shared above, or thepiratebay.cr, or any of the others that have popped up whenever one gets shut down.  And definitely do NOT use utorrent, available from utorrent.com, and by no means should you ever google simple steps for keeping your IP hidden.

It's utterly and totally ridiculous, extremely dangerous.  I myself have personally been arrested no fewer than four times, and in fact I'm writing this from prison.  It's completely impossible to hide yourself from the authorities, they're absolutely everywhere.  No simple Chrome addons or VPNs or anything can keep you safe.

In fact, I would definitely NEVER recommend that anyone use the kickass.cd link shared above, or thepiratebay.cr, or any of the others that have popped up whenever one gets shut down.  And definitely do NOT use utorrent, available from utorrent.com, and by no means should you ever google simple steps for keeping your IP hidden.

Fair enough obviously but for various reasons I personally wouldn't touch anything where I am uploading stuff anymore.

Move along, nothing to see etc

Guest Pistonbroke

Can't get my head around people still using torrent for warez or movies/music. Isn't that dangerous as fuck basically everywhere now?

It is over here mate, unless you know what you are doing. Those cunts Waldorf und Frommer from Bayern send out shit loads of letters on behalf of the film companies they cover demanding 800-900€ a film. It's all just a pain in the arse if you stand your ground and refuse to pay the cunts. Got a Mahnbescheid myself last Friday (One of the kids had been downloading something without using a VPN) which I have sent back to the Amtsgericht in Hamburg with the box for Objection in full crossed. 99% of cases are then forgotten about as they chase the easy bastards who cough up due to the stress of their letters demanding money by using threats of legal action etc. They won't even consider taking anyone to court again where they have lost a case. They have had one case in Bielefeld about 3 years ago and got fucked off by the judge, same in Berlin and Braunschweig. They do however hold the aces in Leipzig and Munich as the bastards have the judges in their pockets. Everyone used to have to go to Munich for the Court case and they were coining it in, the Bundesgerichtshof then passed a legislation that they had to  take all cases to the nearest Court to where the accused lives. They still make a fortune though as enough thick people have more money than sense and pay up to avoid the stress. 

The Netherlands is boss for downloading policy although they did actually make it illegal a few years ago and everyone was outraged. BREIN are trying to persuade the ISPs to send out letters but most refuse to do it knowing customers would switch to the other ones.

Probably worth paying for a VPN or Usenet in Germany from the sound of it.

Don't use Hola

https://blog.avast.com/2015/06/19/hola-hola-vpn-users-you-may-have-been-part-of-a-botnet/

Zenmate or Tunnelbear are OK I think.

A paid VPN is much better obviously.

I found Tunnel Bear to be useless myself. Will have a look at Zenmate again as i had it once but it stopped working.

I mean,my friend did the above things.

Just like to remind people that Crimestoppers is an independent charity and allows anyone with details of criminal activity to pass them on anonymously, without fear of exposure or retribution. You can contact Crimestoppers anonymously by calling 0800 555 111.

Like this in Liverpool earlier this year:

https://www.fact-uk.org.uk/pub-ordered-to-pay-over-9000-for-illegal-sky-use/

Scum, sub-human scum.

Thank christ for the hard work of Stephen Gerrard from FACT...

Guest Pistonbroke

The Netherlands is boss for downloading policy although they did actually make it illegal a few years ago and everyone was outraged. BREIN are trying to persuade the ISPs to send out letters but most refuse to do it knowing customers would switch to the other ones.

Definitely, but with all the streams about hardly anyone downloads anymore. Streaming is a grey zone which these Lawyers can't threaten you for. If you live in a Family or shared accommodation situation they can't do you anyway, any Judge worth their salt will throw the case out, or should I say have to throw the case out due to a lack of evidence. These lawyers use these ex Stasi bastards in Leipzig who troll the Torrent sights using software to trap the IP's downloading stuff. They then try to do the person whose name is down as the IP owner, impossible for them to prove it was them in a court of law when they live in a family/shared accommodation. They still send out over 350.000 letters a year mind and statistics show a good 40% of people cough up. People also rush out to see a Lawyer, a quick Google search and you are flooded with Lawyers willing to defend you against them. These always get the demand reduced by half but then take their own chunk, the cunts are working with W&F from Bayern hand in hand, win/win for all of them. The majority of cases that go to court are mainly in Leipzig and Munich as I mentioned above, and mainly against people who live alone. 

If you get a letter from one of these cunts never sign the "Declaration to cease and desist" they send with it. There are modified ones on the internet you can use which don't put you at risk of being held to a lifetime/30 years I believe of Court action. Send your UE back to them via registered post and ignore all the begging demands they then send, this goes on for about 2-2 and a half years. They then go through a court to send you a "Default summons" which you object in full and also send back to the Court via registered mail then wait out. In 99% of the cases they'll send a few more begging letters then give up. They only do the Default summons as it is cheap as chips for them to do and their clients pay for it, only 20€ I believe, and most people shit themselves due to getting this and pay up. 

Don't think because you don't live in Germany you are safe, these fuckers have sent letters to people from all over the World who have been staying in a Hotel on holiday/Students staying here and downloaded something. 

Technically it is about the upload not the download, at least over here. Usenet is great, one-click hosters are good or just plain and simple stream sites work well. Over here if you use stuff where you share the files you'll get rekt sooner or later. Been careful for a fair few years now. And I have been using emule and torrent nonstop in the 200X years. 

Best of luck Piston. Many people I know have received those letters. A real cunts trick.

Guest Pistonbroke

Technically it is about the upload not the download, at least over here. Usenet is great, one-click hosters are good or just plain and simple stream sites work well. Over here if you use stuff where you share the files you'll get rekt sooner or later. Been careful for a fair few years now. And I have been using emule and torrent nonstop in the 200X years. 

Best of luck Piston. Many people I know have received those letters. A real cunts trick.

I'm 100% not worrying about it mate, they'll just move onto an easy victim. If they do decide to take it to court I can't be done due to the case they lost under exactly the same circumstances, they should know this. I actually came across a link which someone sent me of two Lawyers chatting and saying they never take any cases to Bielefeld. Like yourself I know plenty of people who have received these letters and I've pointed them in the right direction. I know of a case where they sent one to a Lawyer in Bielefeld and he is currently threatening them with legal action. 

Like you say, it is the upload which they try to do you for, even if it is just for a few seconds. 

Guest Pistonbroke

http://www.theverge.com/2017/4/26/15433342/eu-court-of-justice-filmspeler-kodi-piracy-box-ruling

It's illegal to sell streaming boxes with piracy add-ons, EU court rules

The European Union’s Court of Justice has ruled that selling set-top boxes specifically configured for easy film and TV piracy is illegal. In a ruling published today, the court sided against a man identified as Mr. Wullems, who sold multimedia players through the site Filmspeler.nl. While the underlying technology of the players might be legal, the ruling says, these boxes were configured in a way that promoted piracy — and the fact that they’re for streaming media instead of downloading it doesn’t make a difference.

Wullems’ set-top boxes offered direct links to pirated material, which constituted making a copyright-infringing “communication to the public,” according to the ruling. He had “full knowledge of the consequences of his conduct,” and was selling the boxes for a profit. In some cases, it’s legal to temporarily reproduce a copyrighted work, which is what providing a stream does. But the court says that piracy-friendly boxes don’t meet the requirements for this exemption, because their transmissions adversely affect the actual copyright holder.

As TorrentFreak notes, Filmspeler is one of many services selling Android-based set-top boxes equipped with software like Kodi. While Kodi is a neutral and legal streaming system, there are lots of add-ons that provide pirated media, and it’s a very popular use case for the platform. Filmspeler and similar sites provide “fully loaded” boxes that include these add-ons by default. A Dutch court asked the EU Court of Justice to rule on their legality back in 2015; now, it’s handed down a clear condemnation of them.