You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torrent News

bri

Guest ShoePiss
Iptorrents, probably the best private tracker I've ever used. Can't remember the last time I used a public tracker.

Are you able to give out invites? If so would you send me one please?

Anyone who send me an invite to iptorrents is a bed smelly meff scally who I won't suck off in reward for such an atrious deed, and I shall condemn them and all they know for the unfathomably illicit actions, which as we all know are bringing the game and film industries to their knees. Quite how anyone can sleep at night while Tom Cruise has to auction off one of his numerous private jet to pay for essentials such as caviar and fanny juice to pour on his gold encrusted cornflakes which he chews with diamond teeth, is beyond me.

Cunts to a man.

• 3 years later...

Fuckin' Apple. Thank god for IPTorrents.

KickAss Torrents' alleged founder arrested after Apple hands over records

The alleged founder of one of the web's most popular file-sharing sites has been arrested in Poland following an operation by the US government to track down the operator of the site.

Ukrainian national Artem Vaulin has been charged with conspiracy to commit criminal copyright infringement, two counts of infringement and conspiracy to launder money. The US authorities are pushing to extradite Vaulin on the basis of him having made more than $1 billion of copyrighted material available online for free. US authorities say the site attracted around 50 million users each month.

While the authorities don't appear to have seized the primary domain (KAT.ch) yet - it's typically replaced with a notice saying it has been seized - the site is unresponsive and essentially down for most people. So is the server status page. Some sites in the network of mirrors appear to be working still though.

"In an effort to evade law enforcement, Vaulin allegedly relied on servers located in countries around the world and moved his domains due to repeated seizures and civil lawsuits. His arrest in Poland, however, demonstrates again that cybercriminals can run, but they cannot hide from justice," the assistant US Attorney General said in a statement.

Perhaps more than the arrest of Vaulin himself for allegedly running KickAss Torrents, what's likely to catch people's attention is the way in which authorities say they tracked him down.

According to the court complaint documents, investigators had a breakthrough when one posed as a potential advertiser on the site, and combined this information with data handed over by Apple that allegedly successfully cross-referenced an IP-address used for an iTunes transaction with another used to login to KAT's Facebook account.

The official complaint reads: "Records provided by Apple showed that tirm@me conducted an iTunes transaction using IP Address 109.86.226.203 on or about July 21, 2015."

I still remember Napster getting shut down allegedly heralding the end of file sharing, mainly by people who didn't realise everybody had already switched to limewire or Morpheus.

It's easier to download illegally now than it ever has been and it will be easier still in 10 years time.

• Upvote 1

• 9 months later...

Asking for a friend...

Can anybody recommend a good site at the minute for a Virgin Media customer?

Pirate Bay & KAT seen very slow on the uptake these days, to the point he's not even sure they are being updated.

If anybody has an invite to another site, if you could forward me it on, I'll pass the details over.

Cheers

Asking for a friend...

Can anybody recommend a good site at the minute for a Virgin Media customer?

Pirate Bay & KAT seen very slow on the uptake these days, to the point he's not even sure they are being updated.

If anybody has an invite to another site, if you could forward me it on, I'll pass the details over.

Cheers

A naughty friend said kickass.cd using Hola add on extension might work.