You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I'll be sure to check it out. Heard some good things myself.

Really hope I get the chance to see the great man again before he pops his clogs. Saw him at the Echo a couple of years back and it was a pretty disappointing experience, to be honest.

Aye, wasn't there but I believe it was a bit sketchy. I saw him at the NEC in 86 or 87 and he was immense, apparently this album is a dreaded "concept" album based on the Titanic but by all accounts it's wonderful, as his last few albums have been; 71 years of age ..genius.

Here's the single:

[YOUTUBE]mns9VeRguys[/YOUTUBE]

I like it thanks TD, it's very much in keeping with the tight, blues feel that he's displayed on his last few albums. The "Rolling Thunder Revue" will always be the pinnacle of Dylan's career for me but that he's still knocking out material like this at his age is something to behold it really is.

Can anyone else recommend any other quality Dylan tracks?

Have barely heard anything outside Like a Rolling Stone, Hurricane and a few others.

Oh you've done it now Mr prison rapist, eat your heart out!

[YOUTUBE]lhRX9mqE4F0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]r8HrA2T3lI4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]ebOkQE6C6JU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]44mvUnTGdTc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]dIsHsq27rhU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]Vhr_umSnZH4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]flqJ3poWa_U[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]YwSZvHqf9qM[/YOUTUBE]

Do yourself a favour and buy anything recorded between 62 & 80 it's all genius, genuinely!

I'll be sure to check it out. Heard some good things myself.

Really hope I get the chance to see the great man again before he pops his clogs. Saw him at the Echo a couple of years back and it was a pretty disappointing experience, to be honest.

I was at that. It was a shocking perfomance.

The Echo gave it rave reviews and later had to retract it with an admittance that the person who wrote the review was'nt even at the concert. The give a way was when she stared going on about the crowd singing along to songs he did'nt even sing.

The Echo gave it rave reviews and later had to retract it with an admittance that the person who wrote the review was'nt even at the concert. The give a way was when she stared going on about the crowd singing along to songs he did'nt even sing.

I have a few friends who are Dylan nuts and when he is in Europe they follow his concert from place to place.

One of them has been doing this for over thirty years.

In all honesty its very rare to catch a good Dylan performance and has been for a long time.

Thats what they reckon anyway' date='say he does 12 shows in Europe about 3 of them will be quality and the rest very so so.

I prefer some of his stuff with the Travelling Willburys if I am honest.

Tweeter and the monkeyman is pure Dylan storytelling at its best.

[YOUTUBE']ehGhUQU2IHE[/YOUTUBE]

Sadly, it doesn't surprise me that The Echo continue on their path of shite journalism.

"Freewheelin" to "Blonde on Blonde": a three-four year period of sustained genius.

Thereafter (and before): hit and miss. Much as people want to believe that everything he creates is a masterpiece (witness the reaction to the latest album), a lot of his post-'66 output is mediocre. Though I am partial to "Nashville Skyline", "Blood on the Tracks", "Oh Mercy", "Time Out of Mind", and a few others...

• Upvote 1