You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

League of Gentlemen Appreciation Thread

SwindleThis

Guest davelfc

Papa Lazarou "You're my wife now" oh and the toad bloke, "The downstairs toilet is not for the passing of solids"

Used to love it.

Legz Akimbo Theatre Company

Reminds me of every amateur theatre I remember from school.

"Dykes, on the otherhand, are evil."

Starts at 9m 16s

[YOUTUBE]HRrP2s9_PXk[/YOUTUBE]

The one where the couple who hate each other are in the Italian restaurant is boss too.

"LUIGI... LUIGI..."

"My name isn't Luigi... it's Karl.. I'm sorry..."

It's fucking brilliant.

I was at the holiday Inn yesterday and in walked Chubby Brown, was sat in the steam room and he came in, so had a brief chat about Royston Vasey with him. So there you go folks, I have met the mayor of Royston Vasey.

Guest davelfc
It's fucking brilliant.

I was at the holiday Inn yesterday and in walked Chubby Brown, was sat in the steam room and he came in, so had a brief chat about Royston Vasey with him. So there you go folks, I have met the mayor of Royston Vasey.

You knew his name is 'Royston Vasey' didn't you?

Pauline and the jobcentre in series 1.

"Say as many jobs as you like, Ross. You're never gonna get one, you worthless dole scum."

"I know they've put monkeys in space, but do you really think they'll have one driving a fire engine."

"So I've narrowed you down into 2 groups, babysitters and bramble pickers."

Quality.

• 2 years later...
Guest davelfc

Reece Shearsmith on Chain Reaction the other week saying that he's meeting up soon to talk to the others about a league of Gentlemen project. 

"At least my husband's not DEAD", from Iris the cleaner to Mrs Levinson in their battle of insults, before you find out they're mother and daughter.

Just brilliant.

Or.

"Mine got better but your died didn't she Mike!? Didn't she!? Yeaaaah, I won the mums".

In a best-man's speech.

• Upvote 1

Or.

"Mine got better but your died didn't she Mike!? Didn't she!? Yeaaaah, I won the mums".

In a best-man's speech.

Tipps, sublime character.  When he goes to London and tries his hand at stand-up in the 3rd series, the scene where he melts down on-stage is painfully funny.

Watching it after a smoke used to be pure gold.  I'm going to have to go through all our packed away gear and get the boxsets out now to watch them over again.