FREE TRIAL SUBSCRIPTION with every new registration!

Register on the forums today and receive one month's FREE access to all subscriber only content, including match reports, the TLW Diary and Premier League Round Ups. Registration costs nothing and there is no obligation to continue with your subscription once the free month trial has expired. 

To register a FREE account with us, click here, and then be sure to check the box for 'the FREE Monty' to receive immediate access to the subscriber only content and exclusive Members Forum.

Photo
- - - - -

Running

• Please log in to reply
829 replies to this topic

#821 Champ

Champ

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:26 PM

Does Edinburgh provide a training schedule?
I’d follow that or I know London does one.

Add 15min each week to your longest run and don’t go beyond 22k. It takes too much out of you to add additional miles. Sadly, you cannot train for that last 10k. It’s just sheer bloodymindedness.

Good luck. Look forward to reading about your progress

#822 Bernard Diomede

Bernard Diomede

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:57 PM

Cheers for the replies and advice.

Ran 10.5 miles yesterday in rain, sleet, hail and wind in just under an hour and a half so was pretty pleased with that as a starting point. Felt pretty good just a slight bit of stiffness this morning.

I’ve been having a little look online at reviews and what not for watches suited to running, ideally one that I can play Spotify through or download playlists from Spotify on to. It seems that apple watches aren’t the best for doing this as they don’t support Spotify. Anyone got any ideas or experiences with these?
'Moving from Wales to Italy is like moving to a different country'- Ian Rush

#823 joeyk

joeyk

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:03 PM

That's the one I use mate it's spot on.

Me too. I went for a run on Sunday and listened to the Headspace guided run. Excellent.

#824 dickie mint

dickie mint

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:07 PM

Me too. I went for a run on Sunday and listened to the Headspace guided run. Excellent.

It's very good mate,clocks all your runs and times gives you a bit of a goal to aim for as well.

#825 rico1304

rico1304

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:40 PM

I did the 10x2 min at mile pace with 2 min recovery. I nearly died.

#826 byrnie

byrnie

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:47 PM

Thanks Byrne,hope your okay mate and the family,you heading to Manchester Saturday the lads got tickets should be a good bout hopefully.

Family fine mate thanks.
I couldn't get tickets for Saturday. We'd have loved to have gone. Will be a barnstormer I reckon.
"‎It's all about money, not freedom, ya'll, okay? Nothing to do with fuckin' freedom. If you think you're free, try going somewhere without fucking money, okay?" - Bill Hicks

#827 byrnie

byrnie

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:00 PM

I'm struggling with injuries. I was never really into running ever. I played loads of sports and probably abused my body when I was younger and fit. I smoked, drank and ate anything I wanted when I was playing footy and GAA. But I was good enough to get away with it. I gave it all in training so I kept my fitness good enough to play at a high standard. I also done a bit of boxing and dabbled in a few sports when I was young until I broke my wrist, so that had me always at a high level of fitness.

Then about a year or 18 months ago I started to enjoy running and tried to get into it properly. But I've had lots of injuries. Medial knee ligament, groin strains, very sore back and now peronneal tendonitis. I think it's payback from my body to me. I'm only 33 but it feels like I can't catch a break. I need to lose about two stone, but every time I feel a bit of fitness coming back and I push myself to get my times down I pick up an injury.

At the moment I'm trying to get back into it slowly, but I'm stupidly bloody competitive so I find it hard to hold back. But I know if I can take it easy for the next couple of months I could be ok to pick the pace up.

Last year I rushed myself to get running a 10k. I ran 10k to see where I was, but ran it too soon and got injured. It's been stop/start since then.

I'm aiming for a 10k at the start of May. So hopefully I get there.

Dickie when is your 10k?
"‎It's all about money, not freedom, ya'll, okay? Nothing to do with fuckin' freedom. If you think you're free, try going somewhere without fucking money, okay?" - Bill Hicks

#828 dickie mint

dickie mint

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:24 AM

I'm struggling with injuries. I was never really into running ever. I played loads of sports and probably abused my body when I was younger and fit. I smoked, drank and ate anything I wanted when I was playing footy and GAA. But I was good enough to get away with it. I gave it all in training so I kept my fitness good enough to play at a high standard. I also done a bit of boxing and dabbled in a few sports when I was young until I broke my wrist, so that had me always at a high level of fitness.
Then about a year or 18 months ago I started to enjoy running and tried to get into it properly. But I've had lots of injuries. Medial knee ligament, groin strains, very sore back and now peronneal tendonitis. I think it's payback from my body to me. I'm only 33 but it feels like I can't catch a break. I need to lose about two stone, but every time I feel a bit of fitness coming back and I push myself to get my times down I pick up an injury.
At the moment I'm trying to get back into it slowly, but I'm stupidly bloody competitive so I find it hard to hold back. But I know if I can take it easy for the next couple of months I could be ok to pick the pace up.
Last year I rushed myself to get running a 10k. I ran 10k to see where I was, but ran it too soon and got injured. It's been stop/start since then.
I'm aiming for a 10k at the start of May. So hopefully I get there.
Dickie when is your 10k?

April it is Byrnie,weighed 16.10 on October 1st (birthday) and thought bollocks to it I'll give it a good go was 13.9 last week,put a bit on over Crimbo but got shut in the last few weeks,enjoying the running so I thought I'd have a go at the 10K and raise a few bob for the wife's Dyalasis unit while I'm at it mate,good luck with your training and if I can do it there's a chance for you.

#829 dickie mint

dickie mint

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:26 AM

Family fine mate thanks.
I couldn't get tickets for Saturday. We'd have loved to have gone. Will be a barnstormer I reckon.

Should be a belter I'm n the Groves corner but it can go either way mate.

#830 byrnie

byrnie

Posted Yesterday, 09:20 AM

April it is Byrnie,weighed 16.10 on October 1st (birthday) and thought bollocks to it I'll give it a good go was 13.9 last week,put a bit on over Crimbo but got shut in the last few weeks,enjoying the running so I thought I'd have a go at the 10K and raise a few bob for the wife's Dyalasis unit while I'm at it mate,good luck with your training and if I can do it there's a chance for you.

Fair play Dickie. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users