You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's fair to say we go in as underdogs, which feels unfamiliar. Nervous already.

I don't think we are underdogs, newcastle have some decent players but they are punching abover there weight whilst we are punching below. I'd put money on us over them....

I don't think we are underdogs, newcastle have some decent players but they are punching abover their weight whilst we are punching below. I'd put money on us over them....

I think you are right.

The unknown is how distracted Kenny is by the Cup. He knows that the number of chances he has to win silverware is very strictly limited. With a Euro slot guaranteed it will inevitavly be where his priorities are. He has a chance to be only the third manager in our history to win the two domestic cups in one seson.

I think you are right.

The unknown is how distracted Kenny is by the Cup. He knows that the number of chances he has to win silverware is very strictly limited. With a Euro slot guaranteed it will inevitavly be where his priorities are. He has a chance to be only the third manager in our history to win the two domestic cups in one seson.

I'm sure that he'll only be thinking about winning this league game.

"The transfer fees for Chiek Tioté, Gabriel Obertan, Davide Santon, Yohan Cabaye, Hatem Ben Arfa and Papiss Cissé – with Demba Ba, Sylvain Marveaux and Mehdi Abeid all signed on a free – still leave Mike Ashley £8m in profit on the Carroll deal."

Guardian

Warning. The full article contains mild implied criticism of the manager. Those of a sensitive disposition should look away.

I don't think we are underdogs, newcastle have some decent players but they are punching abover there weight whilst we are punching below. I'd put money on us over them....

Can't have that at all, the league table doesn't lie.

They're a better team than us. Player for player they might not be, but with the 11 they put out on the pitch the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

People have been pretty disrespectful to them all season really, after 10 games you could maybe make a case for them overachieving, but not after 30.

People need to wake up and realize that Newcastle are a better team than us in the league this year. The table doesn't lie this far into the season.

The above still applies if we beat them tomorrow.

Strange things if, if you look on oddchecker every betting site has us favourites. Away. At a team about us. Does no-one watch football these days?

Don't see how anyone can say we're better than Newcastle. We have a squad generally made up of players who have never finished higher than sixth in Carroll, Henderson, Adam, Enrique and Downing. We're where we deserve to be at the moment and we must win tomorrow, Everton are now above us and there we're currently only three points off 12th. We need a fucking wake up call and saying they're punching above their weight and us below is balls, in the league we've been ridiculously poor for most of the season and luck isn't anything to do with it.

Win the FA Cup and we've won everything we realistically could have won this season and it's a fantastic year. Lose to Everton or in the final and the league performance becomes the main talking point of the season and it'll make for an uncomfortable summer.

I hope Spearing plays, and maybe even Shelvey will get a game after that disgraceful display at home by our 'favoured' players. Newcastle will be gunning to stay above us and challenge for 4th, so we'll have our work cut out for us, but I'm sticking with my originan prediction of Newcastle Utd 1 - 3 Liverpool FC

Guest The Chimp
I don't se how anyone can say Newcastle are better than us, or vice versa, given the season isn't over yet. That judgement about the league table not lying is only relevant at the end of the season.

Anubis speaking sense as per usual.

seriously whats the point in playing Carra, love the guy for everything he has done but he has been very poor recently and what better time to bed Coates in than when there is fuck all to play for?

least he is giving Shelvey a go and playing all 3 strikers