You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League

1st April 2012

Newcastle United vs Liverpool

Sports Direct Arena

We've lost 5 of the last 6 games we've played, if the league started on January 1st we'd be 19th, next up? Newcastle away from home, not ideal, but we are Liverpool, and if there's something we've learnt from this time, however frustrating they may be, it's the fact they know how to turn up when its a big game... We still have Newcastle in our sights (I'm not sure how given our 2012 form), it's going to be tough but sometimes I have more confidence in this team when put in circumstances such as this as opposed to circumstances like Saturday.

Prediction: 1-1 Ba, Gerrard

STATISTICS

Newcastle United have averaged [/b]1.5 goals per game at home[/b] in the league this season

Liverpool have averaged 1.3 goals away from home in the league this season.

Last 5 meetings between the sides

Liverpool 3-1 Newcastle

Liverpool 3-0 Newcastle

Newcastle 3-1 Liverpool

Liverpool 3-0 Newcastle

Newcastle 1-5 Liverpool

Well there's always plenty of goals in this fixture! We usually don't do too badly either, battered them on every occasion bar as of late bar that one game Carroll (yes, Carroll) tore us a new one.

Liverpool's last 5 in the league

Liverpool 1-2 Wigan

QPR 3-2 Liverpool

Liverpool 3-0 Everton

Sunderland 1-0 Liverpool

Liverpool 1-2 Arsenal

Our form is woeful right now, our lowest point under Kenny? Last week (QPR and Wigam) has been demoralising, bar the derby win, its been a bit crap as of late in terms of points and performances

Newcastle's last 5 in the league

West Brom 1-3 Newcastle

Newcastle 1-0 Norwich

Arsenal 2-1 Newcastle

Newcastle 1-1 Sunderland

Newcastle 2-2 Wolves

Newcastle coming into the game in good form, won their last 2 and were very impressive vs West Brom, especially the first half, been unlucky to not get something out the Arsenal game too, and also at home to Wolves, not sure how they drew that

Edited by -96-

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a difficult call. On form, and with the semi looming, we don't stand a chance.

But our team are a contrary lot and may decide to play well - because they feel like it.

Kenny can be confident that Mike Ashley will offer him a fine glass of wine afterwards.

Oh blast it. I'll start. I think Johnson is supposed to be due back 1 Apr.

--------------Reina-----------------------

Johnson---Skrtel---Coates---Enrique

Maxi--Gerrard--Spearing--Downing

----------Suarez-----------------

-----------Carroll-----------------

Hope to see Sterling given another go and maybe Flannagan as well. Anyone know when Bellamy is due back?

Its a difficult call. On form, and with the semi looming, we don't stand a chance.

But our team are a contrary lot and may decide to play well - because they feel like it.

Kenny can be confident that Mike Ashley will offer him a fine glass of wine afterwards.

The last thing I want to hear about while dunking a shortbread finger is xerxes' looming semi.

I can't even pick a team.

---------------------------Reina-------------------------

Whoever is fit-------Whoever is fit ---------Skrtel-------------Enrique

Some fucking cunt---------Gerrard-------Not arsed----------Useless waste of money

--------------------Don't care-------------Suarez------------------

Wouldn't be surprised the slightest if we played our best game of the season. Henderson MOM.
I hope your right as a win is going to be vital. I fully expect Everton to beat WBA on the Saturday and they will go above us. Thank fuck Sunderland are away to City on Saturday as if they get a win, they'll go above us too. Norwich who play away to Fulham, can go level with us if they win.

No idea who is fit but i'd go with something like:-

------------------Reina

Kelly/Johnson, Carragher, Skrtel, Enrique

----------Wisdom, Spearing

-----Suarez----Gerrard---Downing

--------------Carroll

I know Wisdom is a centre back but it would be nice to see someone with a bit of presence in their who is comfortable on the ball. Being a kid he does have the odd mistake in his game so hes not going to given a go at centre back anytime soon but he'd do a solid enough job shielding the back 4.

I can't even pick a team.

---------------------------Reina-------------------------

Whoever is fit-------Whoever is fit ---------Skrtel-------------Enrique

Some fucking cunt---------Gerrard-------Not arsed----------Useless waste of money

--------------------Don't care-------------Suarez------------------

Spot on.

-0H6WRH6iKA

Ahh' date=' memories. ;(

To think that Liverpool fans hounded out a man who turned us into the most feared team in Europe..

Please come back Rafa.[/quote']

No, Tom R says the league table lied that season, and we played "absolutely fucking shit" in every game we played, so he must have missed us beat Newcastle 5-1, Villa 5-0, Blackburn 4-0, Spurs 3-1, West Brom 3-0, United 4-1, Shitty 3-2, Everton 2-0.....

"We still have Newcastle in our sights?"

Newcastle United 30 50

Liverpool 30 42

Is that the same way that Downing has Messi in his sights?

Win and we are 5 points behind them, so yes they are technically still in our sights and it's down to us to cut that gap, probably won't though. :wallbutt:

No idea who is fit but i'd go with something like:-

------------------Reina

Kelly/Johnson, Carragher, Skrtel, Enrique

----------Wisdom, Spearing

-----Suarez----Gerrard---Downing

--------------Carroll

I know Wisdom is a centre back but it would be nice to see someone with a bit of presence in their who is comfortable on the ball. Being a kid he does have the odd mistake in his game so hes not going to given a go at centre back anytime soon but he'd do a solid enough job shielding the back 4.

About 2 years ago I played a few games with Wisdom. I played on his side and against him. He was unbelievable. There were some other lads who were on Leeds and Bradfords books but the difference between them and him was frightening. I expected him to be better but didnt expect the gulf to be so large. As you said in your post he is very comfortable on the ball and is rapid. I really hope he gets a chance to play soon. He seemed a really decent lad too.