You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bolton away match thread

fowler9

3 points would be nice, these fuckers can't defend and we can't attack so they'll probably have their best defensive day of the season

--------------Pepe----------------

Johnson---Skrtel---Agger--Enrique

-----------Jay---Henderson--------

Maxi----------Stevie--------Bellamy

-----------Carroll------------------

subs

Doni

Carra

Kelly

Adam

Downing

Kuyt

Shelvey

0-0 67 shots from LFC 88% possession

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would like to see -

Reina

Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique

Spearing Henderson

Maxi Gerrard Bellamy

Kuyt

I'd go with that. Pretty much our most mobile available without Suarez. As bad as Dirk has been, playing with Maxi and Bellamy should make him look better.

Bad news is that the ref is...........

Dum! dum! dum!

Kevin Friend.

I'd go with that. Pretty much our most mobile available without Suarez. As bad as Dirk has been, playing with Maxi and Bellamy should make him look better.

Bad news is that the ref is...........

Dum! dum! dum!

Kevin Friend.

you're guaranteed a big decision from him. sent spearing off at fulham and gave him a dubious penalty at sunderland last season. let's hope it's our turn for the game changer.

----------------------Reina-------------------

Magic--------Agger------------Skretl---------Enrique

-------------Henderson--------Adam----------

Downing--------------Gerrard----------Bellamy

----------------------Carroll------------------------

It will probably be this, maybe (strong possibility) that Maxi will play instead of Bellamy.

Reina

Usual back four

Spearing

Shelvey

Maxi

Gerrard

Bellamy

Kuyt

I don't want to see Gerrard in centre midfield with Henderson supporting the attack like we saw vs City and Stoke. Gerrard has to do that job as he is 10 times more threatening than Henderson. With our strikers / attacking midfielders not performing (notibly Carroll, Downing and Henderson), let Gerrard play higher up the field and not worry about defending which he has to do in centre midfield. We have the best record defensively in the league, which means we don't need Gerrard doing that job and we have had plenty of possession in every games this season (bar Spurs), so Adam, Spearing, Lucas, Henderson etc can do that job. Let Gerrard play higher up the field and help win us some games.

Bellamy and Maxi - obvious they are our best attacking wide options.

Kuyt - Think his extra movement and workrate is better away from home which is why I have chosen him over Carroll. Would play Carroll against City mid week.

----------------------Reina-------------------

Magic--------Agger------------Skretl---------Enrique

-------------Henderson--------Adam----------

Downing--------------Gerrard----------Bellamy

----------------------Carroll------------------------

But if Adam, Henderson and Gerrard are selected together, it will probably be Henderson supporting Carroll not Gerrard - which I think is wrong.

If Kuyt starts upfront alone again, then I'm throwing a few quid on the 0-0. He's offered fuck all this season & put in performances that the flack Carroll's took would justify. I like the guy but he hasn't had one even decent game since May. Living off past work rate which is also nowhere near what it used to be.

The choice is between Kuyt or Carroll - both have not been good enough this season.

I guess we could play Bellamy upfront. But I think he is better wide personally.

The choice is between Kuyt or Carroll - both have not been good enough this season.

I guess we could play Bellamy upfront. But I think he is better wide personally.

Carroll has at least scored a few and looked threatening in some games, all too briefly mind you. Kuyt doesn't even look like a premier league player this year.

Don't know what's happened to him over the summer but he offers nothing now & hasn't done since last season.

Carroll has at least scored a few and looked threatening in some games, all too briefly mind you. Kuyt doesn't even look like a premier league player this year.

Don't know what's happened to him over the summer but he offers nothing now & hasn't done since last season.

I think they have both been a poor as each other.

Ideally we wouldn't have to play either.