You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Andy Carroll -" Liverpool willing to sell "

James21

Would you sell him  

373 members have voted

1. 1. Would you sell him

• Sell him
    • Keep him.
    • Loan him out
    • Wait till the summer and see how things look.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShoePiss
I liked the Geordie Sniper one. It's no less stupid than suggesting he didn't score on purpose.

So why exactly is it beyond the realms of possibility? He had time to think about this opportunity. I wouldn't put this past him at all to take the easy way out.

Guest ShoePiss
He didn't want to score and deliberately fell over to prevent himself from doing so? Like he deliberately headed against the bar at Anfield and deliberately had a Newcastle defender handball another header off the line yesterday? Heard it all now.

Why not? Oh and he didn't head the ball that was handled on the line, he missed the header and it came off Williamson to Simpson who handled it.

I don't think he was worried about scoring against his hometown club, I just don't think he thought he would score and so took what he could get.

That's feasible, and if that was the case it would further highlight how limited he was as a footballer.

Guest ShoePiss
I don't think he was worried about scoring against his hometown club, I just don't think he thought he would score and so took what he could get.

If he stays on his feet he has an open goal, weak foot or not it should have been a goal that you or I would score.

If he stays on his feet he has an open goal, weak foot or not it should have been a goal that you or I would score.

Should have. That's indicative of our season. Should have scored. The fact that Andy Carroll has missed, slipped, hit a crossbar, not stayed on his feet, you name it, is what has happened to him all season long. Is he doing it deliberately?

Guest ShoePiss
Should have. That's indicative of our season. Should have scored. The fact that Andy Carroll has missed, slipped, hit a crossbar, not stayed on his feet, you name it, is what has happened to him all season long. Is he doing it deliberately?

Oh right, stupid questions. Here you go; does he support every team in the league? Does he want to go back to every team in the league? Did he not want to leave every other team in the league? Is every team in the league his hometown team?

Oh right, stupid questions. Here you go; does he support every team in the league? Does he want to go back to every team in the league? Did he not want to leave every other team in the league? Is every team in the league his hometown team?

Other people have proposed that this was the reason. That he chose not to score.

Is it really inconceivable that he went down because he didn't want to score against his hometown team? the team he didn't want to leave? I think he took the easy option possibly thinking he'd get a penalty that he wouldn't have to take. Is that really inconceivable? I don't think it is.

Guest ShoePiss
Other people have proposed that this was the reason. That he chose not to score.

I have. Context is important though, this game and that particular opportunity. It looks like a striker who doesn't want to score and tried to take the option of a penalty.

Is it really inconceivable that he went down because he didn't want to score against his hometown team? the team he didn't want to leave? I think he took the easy option possibly thinking he'd get a penalty that he wouldn't have to take. Is that really inconceivable? I don't think it is.

He hasn't scored many goals when presented with the option. I think that's more about his form and less about the opposition he's faced.

Shoepiss just think about what you are saying. You are suggesting Andy Carroll deliberately beat 2 men, rounded a keeper and fell over just because he didn't wanted to score. On that basis, he deliberately hit the bar at Anfield, and deliberately was involved in a situation which resulted in a player handballing off the line. And all of this was a deliberate and elaborate scheme to make him look like he was trying, when really he didn't want to score.If you seriously believe what you are saying, you are a lunatic.

He was berrated all match, has faced constant flack and abuse since he left, has been made an enemy in his home town through no fault of his own, has had a former agent hammering him on twitter, not to mention Newcastle's own CEO taking the piss out of him at a meeting with supporters. Andy Carroll would have wanted nothing more than to score a goal for Liverpool yesterday.

It's easy to look at his chance in slow motion and with hindsight. In my eyes, he attempted to round the keeper, the ball became stuck slightly under his feet, and seeing the covering Gutierez baring down on him, in a split second he decided to go to ground so as not to face the possibility of missing the chance all together and the flack which would have came with it. Confidence was a massive factor. It was the wrong decision, one made in a split second. But it certainly wasn't a sitter at that point, Gutierez could have easily made the tackle as he passed Krul. That's it. No bullshit conspiracies. People conveniently forget how he made this chance through winning and chasing down his own flick on, and showing a turn of pace and power to leave two men standing for dead. I prefare to take heart from that, because I still believe there is a player in there and something that is worth us persevering with. I genuinely believe that, and I'd be gutted to see him leave at this stage.

Guest ShoePiss
Shoepiss just think about what you are saying. You are suggesting Andy Carroll deliberately beat 2 men, rounded a keeper and fell over just because he didn't wanted to score. On that basis, he deliberately hit the bar at Anfield, and deliberately was involved in a situation which resulted in a player handballing off the line. And all of this was a deliberate and elaborate scheme to make him look like he was trying, when really he didn't want to score.If you seriously believe what you are saying, you are a lunatic.

He was berrated all match, has faced constant flack and abuse since he left, has been made an enemy in his home town through no fault of his own, has had a former agent hammering him on twitter, not to mention Newcastle's own CEO taking the piss out of him at a meeting with supporters. Andy Carroll would have wanted nothing more than to score a goal for Liverpool yesterday.

It's easy to look at his chance in slow motion and with hindsight. In my eyes, he attempted to round the keeper, the ball became stuck slightly under his feet, and seeing the covering Gutierez baring down on him, in a split second he decided to go to ground so as not to face the possibility of missing the chance all together and the flack which would have came with it. Confidence was a massive factor. It was the wrong decision, one made in a split second. But it certainly wasn't a sitter at that point, Gutierez could have easily made the tackle as he passed Krul. That's it. No bullshit conspiracies. People conveniently forget how he made this chance through winning and chasing down his own flick on, and showing a turn of pace and power to leave two men standing for dead. I prefare to take heart from that, because I still believe there is a player in there and something that is worth us persevering with. I genuinely believe that, and I'd be gutted to see him leave at this stage.

It was easy to look at it at the time at normal speed. Hindsight? Behave, that isn't needed in this particular situation. It was easier to put the ball in the net than to dive.

I'm far from being a lunatic mate and I know exactly what I'm saying. It's possible that a player at a particular moment decides against scoring against the team they would love to be playing for and didn't want to leave.

The implications are pretty huge and I can understand people not wanting to entertain that scenario, doesn't mean it's not what happened though. It's entirely possible at that moment he thought it would be easier for him to gain a penalty than score himself.

Guest ShoePiss
Who cares? All we are really arguing about is: is he more shit than he is stupid or is he more stupid than he is shit? He's a returd. End Of. Fact. etc.

Well there's that.

Nathan Eccleston offer's us more in attack than Andy Carroll. I would have him in the team ahead of Carroll every time. Starting against Villa.

Sad to say but that £35m is the worst bit of transfer business of all time.

Replace Carroll, Downing and Adam with Morgan, Sterling and Cody would the level really drop?