You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Andy Carroll -" Liverpool willing to sell "

James21

Would you sell him  

373 members have voted

1. 1. Would you sell him

• Sell him
    • Keep him.
    • Loan him out
    • Wait till the summer and see how things look.

I can’t be the only one who thinks Darren Bent is actually a fantastic player? He’d score goals in our team no problem. He was even scoring goals for Villa last year until they hired one of the most negative managers in the game.

People saying Henderson is average need to look at themselves, he’s already twice the player Charlie Adam is and he’s only 21.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darren Bent?

Just fuck off you uneducated fucktards!!!

Would it surprise you, though? Our policy since Kenny got the job has been signing premier league experienced players who are mostly British. It really would not surprise me if we signed someone shite like Scott Sinclair or Darren Bent in January.

Would it surprise you, though? Our policy since Kenny got the job has been signing premier league experienced players who are mostly British. It really would not surprise me if we signed someone shite like Scott Sinclair or Darren Bent in January.

Hopefully Kenny has learned his lesson.

Just look at Silva, Mata and Aguero.

I think the idea in january has to be to improve the team. Looks difficult to do if we are going to buy from other PL clubs. The only players more or less guaranteed to significantly improve us are already playing for other top clubs. And it seems unlikely they'd want to join us or that these clubs would be willing to sell. Think we have to look abroad.

What an idiotic post, seriously do you actually watch our games?

Obviously not , the 'Enrique pretty good' is the dead give away ...

If we had paid 20 million for Enrique it no-one would be complaining (apart from the odd mong as always).

Hes been the player of the season so far for me ,Dont know whos left back for Spain atm ? Enrique surely has to be taking his place very soon.

He was an absolute steal at the 6/7 million we got him for.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Obviously not , the 'Enrique pretty good' is the dead give away

Yeah, total tosh. As I said before we signed him, ''he's a fucking player''. He has improved since then. Now he's a fucking terrific player.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
darren bent:wallbutt::no

What's wrong with Darren Bent on loan? He might not be the best player in the world, but he is significantly better than Carroll. If all we can do is loan a player in, Bent wouldn't be a bad option.

I'm not saying I want to purchase him, but a loan deal would make sense.

Explain to me why Villa would loan us their best player? I could see them selling him to us for the £20m they paid and taking Carroll on loan, that gives them a replacement striker and money in the bank to improve. But them loaning Bent is not happening surely

Darren Bent please be joking.. fuck sake do we not learn? like downing if he was so great at this stage in his career surely he wouldnt be at Villa.. hes shite no no no no..

Your man sayin enrique is quite good want to get his head examined typical MOTD viewer.. was just thinkin we only paid newcastle what 6 mill for him so add another 15 mill and carroll looks cheaper.. ah can relax now i change my mind keep him

I do not think Carroll is the player we need. I think it is best to cut our losses and sell him. BUT... this assumes we have a buyer, and it also assumes we have a goalscorer lined up. Unless both of those things are sorted, we should keep hold of the player, even if he is not what we need.

As for Bent, he would do better in this team than Carroll has thus far, and as many have pointed out, he has scored goal wherever he has been. Still, I'd much rather see a big upgrade rather than a modest one, so I'm not exactly thrilled about the prospect.

If for some reason we could do a swap loan deal, if such a thing even exists, then it could suit us. We get Bent for the rest of the season, and hopefully he finds the net for us more than Carroll has been able to. Villa get Carroll, who is seen as their main man, and by some miracle he finds his mojo, gets stuck in and starts to score for them too. We do not sign Bent in the summer as we have bigger fish to fry. But we also have several clubs willing to buy Carroll for 20m in the summer, after he showed at Villa that he could still play.