You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

life Wins

Ginny

• 2 weeks later...

There are no winners at theme parties

In reality hardly anyone had dressed up but my eccentric neighbour and his missus had and really looked the part and my son got much kudos for his Freddie Mercury...even if it was a la Band Aid.

And my chocolate mousse went down very well, no thanks to any of you lot

In reality hardly anyone had dressed up but my eccentric neighbour and his missus had and really looked the part and my son got much kudos for his Freddie Mercury...even if it was a la Band Aid.

And my chocolate mousse went down very well' date=' no thanks to any of you lot[/quote']

What, no Brownies?

Huckleberries are a cousin of the blueberry.

But they taste much much better. Tart sweet, rich flavour.

Hard to find, as I think they only grow in the wild. And, at least where I live, they only grow in certain soil conditions, and only in pine tree stands, and they're only ripe for about a month--mid-Aug to mid-Sept.

I see you can buy the jam from Amazon, but I'm pretty sure the stuff I make is better, and definitely cheaper.

• 1 month later...

Visiting family in West Cumbria this weekend just gone, returning home (I live in Leeds) on Sunday, which usually entails an hour-and-a-half wait at Carlisle station. I arrive there only to find that the previous Leeds train has been severely delayed to the point where I can hop straight on it, it departs a few minutes later and I get home over an hour earlier than planned.

Not only that, but the conductor hands out cards to fill in address and ticket number and return, not 100% sure what will happen but last time I was given one for a severely delayed train a few years I recieved 2 Northern Rail vouchers each covering the cost of any train journey I take on their network, and even if I get a hollow apology letter or something instead I still got home early. Put me in a right good mood after a shitty weekend.

Visiting family in West Cumbria this weekend just gone, returning home (I live in Leeds) on Sunday, which usually entails an hour-and-a-half wait at Carlisle station. I arrive there only to find that the previous Leeds train has been severely delayed to the point where I can hop straight on it, it departs a few minutes later and I get home over an hour earlier than planned.

Not only that, but the conductor hands out cards to fill in address and ticket number and return, not 100% sure what will happen but last time I was given one for a severely delayed train a few years I recieved 2 Northern Rail vouchers each covering the cost of any train journey I take on their network, and even if I get a hollow apology letter or something instead I still got home early. Put me in a right good mood after a shitty weekend.

Bet the missus wasnt half as pleased as you. Did your next door neighbour have a limp as though he'd jumped from a bedroom window in a rush?

• 9 months later...

Been selling a load of wallets on Ebay. They're just about thin enough to send as a large letter (73p), if they weren't I'd be making a loss on them. Anyway, had Tonsillitis last week and on one day especially I felt like I had given birth, out of my cock, whilst having bad aids and the bubonic plague...so a mate of mine kindly offered to take an order down to the Post Office. Was only one order that needed sending that day, the rest I could sort the next day. So he goes down to the Post Office and they charge him £2.80 postage as they basically pretended it wouldn't fit through the size guide thing. Usually they're sound down there and will shove the fucker through, or even tape up the package a bit more to compress it, but not this day. This day a 24 carrot cunt was working there. My mate, being the soft cunt he is, just accepted it.

I decided that, as an avenue for taking out my anger at the cunts, rather than actually expecting even a reply, I'd send them the cuntiest email I could muster. It sure was cunty. Well, this morning they've sent a grovelling apology for their shithouse behaviour, along with a book of 12 first class stamps. Power to the people. I'd be a fucking hero on mumsnet if I posted this there.

FUCKING WIN.

• Upvote 3

• 9 months later...

Mrs got an IPad mini for her birthday and I was looking around for a cover for her. They had a quality one in Tesco which I reckon would have cost about 20 quid, but there was no price. I asked the woman to check it and she said it was coming up at 1p. She checked it with the electrical desk and she said it was 'end of line' and they don't sell them any more. I asked could I have it for a penny and she said yes. No wonder they're on the verge of collapse. 

adamafistpump.gif

• Upvote 3

On my way home yesterday and popped into a lagre supermarket for a packet of biscuits for my coffee. Wanted chocolate Hob Nobs but when I got there spotted white chocolate digestives which I had never seen before. Fuck what a choice as I only had £1.50 in my pocket.

I played it safe and went for the trusted Hob Nobs. Handed over my £1.50 at the checkout and was given £1.50 in change. Normally I would have said something but on this occasion I decided to stick it to the man. Walked back to the front Isle went around again and got the white choc digestives as well. Winning.

• Upvote 1

Went into sainsburys a week ago with fuck all in the bank and bought some essentials, very carefully grabbing the discounted stuff and some own brand bits. Spent about £10 for 3-4 nights worth of meals, but as paying realised id forgot to pick up bananas.

Got a £0.79 off your next shop token* and went back for the £0.80 pack of bananas I needed.

*I know that means I could have spent less somewhere else and I'm not strictly winning, but I wasn't somewhere else, I was there, so I'm claiming the win. Record book doesn't say how it went in, etc.

• Upvote 1