You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

life Wins

Ginny

40 minutes ago, Dave D said:

As a rule I dont put icy frozen things in my toaster- but shit just got real- waffles now take around 3 minutes.

For clarity- Im talking potato waffles, not those batter things.

Give it a go Rob- waffle sandwiches all round   

As for the rest of you, Im sure you'll be telling me to roast a chicken with a fucking hairdryer next.

Food nerds    

Waffle and brown sauce sandwich it's got to be tried.

37 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Not a fan- tends to explode everywhere

As do Poached eggs.

AND BISCUITS

Soup is fine as long as you use a lid, poached eggs? Who the fuck poached an egg in the microwave.

And I have never been in a microwave myself but I think I would deffo explode...

• 4 months later...

Won a £100 Sports Direct voucher from a prize draw that I was automatically entered into on a bookie site. Chuffed with that, I never win anything.

I needed to buy Turdsette some new trabs anyway and I’ve just ordered two pairs of shorts and a couple of t-shirts which I’ll pretend not to know about so she can give them to me for my birthday at the weekend. 

All that’s left to do is slide a few sneaky comments into conversations with her about how I really wish I had some new shorts. 

• Like 1

Was in a B&M the other day and they were selling cans of scrumpy cider for 75p a can. They were packaged in 4's so put 16 cans in my trolley along with a load of gardening stuff I was buying. Got through checkout, paid and got back to my car. Only upon checking the receipt did I notice that although the girl scanned the four lots of ciders through, each scan only registered one can therefore I got 16 cans for £3!

• Upvote 2

• 3 years later...

Whenever I was asked my height, I would always say I was 6 feet tall, because that's my height.

The problem is that if you tell people you're bang on 6 feet, they invariably assume you're rounding up, adding an inch or something, because being a six-footer is more "impressive" than being 5'11. They never say anything, but you can see the doubt etched across their faces.

Needless to say I felt fully vindicated when I went to the doctors and had my height officially measured at 183cm - 6 feet, 0 inches in old money.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 21/09/2022 at 05:50, Strontium said:

Had my student loan written off after 25 years. Jurassic Park. I think I paid back about 100 quid in the end. Sticking it to the man.

I didn't know this was a thing. Is it 25 years after you first or final cheque? 

10 minutes ago, Remmie said:

I didn't know this was a thing. Is it 25 years after you first or final cheque? 

It was 25 years after the final loan was taken out (which was 1997 for me) but those specific terms only apply to people who started university between 1990 and 1997. It's all extremely confusing.