You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer window 2012

Megadrive Man

There is a chance that Lille and Dortmund will be out of the Champs League. I say we go over the top for Hummels and Hazard.

Dream wish list would be Hummels, Hazard, Honda and a young striker.

You something out of the Matrix or Inception?

Thats my fucking wish list, GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!

Our squad of players is very good now. We've also got some promising young players too.

Over the next few transfer windows we need to just go for 1 or maybe 2 top quality players.

Our weakest areas are Centre back, Right midfield, Strikers and then holding midfield.

I would hope that the players we are targeting are Hummels, Hazard, and Gomez,

We need a centre half, central midfielder, a right sided forward and a centre forward. I'd like to see Cahill, Tiote and Hazard but I've no idea on the striker. Preferably someone like the Mancs' Hernandez: young, cheap and very, very good who can go straight into the team.

Outward bound could go Agger and Maxi for me.

To nail down 4th this season we would need to buy in January:

1.A top class pacy, attacking right back. Johnson's injuries worry me and Kelly isn't attacking enough.

2.We also need a strong athletic, ball playing midfielder to partner Gerrard or Lucas.

3.A top striker.

4. An attacking right winger would also be great but not crucial for January window.

We still wouldn't be the finished article but I think this could bring us 4th and CL this season.

You seriously think we need to add three or four first-teamers to overhaul Spurs and Arsenal?????

I think you misunderestimate what we already have.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
We need a centre half, central midfielder, a right sided forward and a centre forward. I'd like to see Cahill, Tiote and Hazard but I've no idea on the striker. Preferably someone like the Mancs' Hernandez: young, cheap and very, very good who can go straight into the team.

It's a real shame that Agger can't stay fit. He's a very good player, especially after a run of games.

I don't think we need anyone.

Or rather, I don't think we need to sign anyone that we could get without Champion's League football. The next stage of any further recruitment for us should only come when we can get a better quality of player, in my opinion. I wouldn't trade anyone we've currently got for Cahill or Tiote, put it that way.

Is everyone going to throw wobbler when we inevitably dont sign Gotze or Hazard like a few did in the summer?

Nope...they will targeted by Barca/Real and probably scum. On too many teams radars now.

I genuinely thought we could have got Mata in the summer.

You seriously think we need to add three or four first-teamers to overhaul Spurs and Arsenal?????

I think you misunderestimate what we already have.

Wow are all those question marks for me? Thanks mate!

No not underestimating or downplaying any of the players we have but yes I think we should sign someone for right back. Enrique just gives us so many attacking options it would be great to also have the same threat from our right side. He was the one who crossed for the Carroll goal against the shite and it's a position where so many great opportunities come from. I would sell Johnson and keep Kelly for back up.

Hummels and Hazard like others have already said, would be fantastic though. Add a proven goalscorer and it will be an interesting second half to the season and I think we will be definitely be challenging.