You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer window 2012

Megadrive Man

Typical day, overhyped Sky Sports shit with that JIM WHITE bellend screeching down the TV. I watched a lot of it because Sauron was waiting on a Bolton transfer, which didn't get done before she got to bed either. And that still hasn't gone through.

We're going with what we've got and I reckon clubs are sick of paying January premiums. Hence the quiet window.

Typical day, overhyped Sky Sports shit with that JIM WHITE bellend screeching down the TV. I watched a lot of it because Sauron was waiting on a Bolton transfer, which didn't get done before she got to bed either. And that still hasn't gone through.

We're going with what we've got and I reckon clubs are sick of paying January premiums. Hence the quiet window.

I'm not entirely sure how it works but I think its probably because of Financial Fair Play kicking in, even if its just that clubs are a bit unsure of how strictly it will be enforced. For example, I doubt City would have loaned somebody a year ago if they wanted another player.

A little disappointed we didn't bring anyone in but glad we didn't pay silly money or bring someone average in on a long contract just out of desperation. I'm sure Harry Redknapp must have a contract with sky requiring him to bring someone in and ship a few out just to give them something to talk about on the last day of the transfer window. Nelsen is just a really, really strange signing for Spurs to make.

Not sure what disappointed me the most with this thread, us not signing anyone or NN not reaching 300 posts in it before the window shut.

Well, we didn't sign anyone, as most of us expected, but then hardly anyone else did either.

Last year the back pages were full of amazing Torres/ Carroll stories and 100m worth of last-minute panic buys

This year it's Everton and Spurs swapping reserve team players for fuck all money

Bassong allegedly with a minor attitude problem as well - "his head is down" the comment made by t'rrific 'Arry. Don't see any other reason for that transfer otherwise (except the obvious brown envelope suggestions), as Bassong, even though error prone, is miles better than Nelsen.

Saha arguably is a striker which is more similar to Adebayor than Pavlyuchenko (i.e can run pretty fast), and can replace him more effectively, but what are the odds on keeping him fit for the remainder of the season?

Spurs racking up quite a few injuries now, interesting that they let Pienaar go. Harry more or less stated that when they couldn't get Krasic in, Pienaar wouldn't leave.

We sold/released Martin Hansen, so we will certainly be in the market for another goalkeeper soon.

Goalkeeper leaves the club - Liverpool FC

Goalkeeper leaves the club

31st Jan 2012

Liverpool can confirm that goalkeeper Martin Hansen has tonight left the club after being transferred to Danish side Viborg FF.

The 21-year-old joined the Reds' Academy in the summer of 2006 from Brondby.

Liverpool Football Club wishes Martin all the best for his future.

I'm quite surprised the old 'cancel the contract' trick isnt used a bit more outside the transfer window but I suppose that a) decent players contracts would cost a fortune to pay off and good players arent going to be let go without a big transfer fee and b)the kind of players who are out of contract will be in that situation for a reason,injury,discipline or just pure shite.

Nikica Jelavic’s father says Rangers striker is holding out for Liverpool move

By Mark Walker and Andrew Smith

Published on Sunday 22 January 2012 00:00

LIVERPOOL have emerged as contenders to sign Rangers striker Nikica Jelavic, with the player’s father claiming that Anfield is his son’s preferred destination.

With just nine days remaining of the transfer window, the interest in the forward looks set to intensify this week. Ally McCoist confirmed yesterday that talks had taken place between Rangers chairman Craig Whyte and his West Ham United counterpart David Sullivan but the Ibrox manager insisted he was unaware of interest from any other clubs after the Croatian was also linked with Fulham and Queens Park Rangers.

Jelavic featured in the Rangers side who fought back from behind to draw 1-1 with Aberdeen at Ibrox yesterday.

McCoist said: “I spoke to Craig today and I believe Craig had a conversation with David Sullivan. But Craig was very keen to point out that absolutely no offers had been made at all. I think it was just a pretty informal chat they had.”

On speculation linking the player with other clubs south of the border, he added: “That’s news to me, I’ve certainly not been told. The only team where there has been an indication of interest is West Ham.”

But Jelavic’s father has revealed his son is holding out for a move to Liverpool.

Philip Jelavic said: “Yes, we know about the interest of West Ham, and Queens Park Rangers. But Nikica has five or six clubs interested, including that of the great Liverpool. As for West Ham and QPR, I think that Nikica is more ambitious than that. I think it’s most likely that he will sign for Liverpool. But there are still a few days until the end of the transfer window, so we will wait and see.”

McCoist insists Rangers are looking for a lot more than the reported £6 million West Ham are prepared to bid for Jelavic, who moved to Ibrox for £4m in August 2010.

The Ibrox manager was non-committal about claims that he would try to sign Grant Holt of Norwich as a replacement. “With the greatest respect, he’s someone else player and if I did have interest I would phone Paul [Lambert] down at Norwich.”

Scotsman

Hehe