You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Two people getting eaten within 7 days on the same beach isn't "hysteria" you fucking clown.

Bitten, not a sharks fault we are such flimsy mammals.

I was disgusted to see the pictures of two Tiger Sharks that have been killed. Last I heard on the attack of the british fella is that experts said it was a juvenile Great White.

There was another fatal shark attack in South Africa last week yet its been hardly reported. Tourist $$$$ is why.

You go into the sea where known predators lurk you take the risk. Surfers in Australia, South Africa and California know this. Most attacks are not fatal and in most cases the victims carry on surfing, diving, fishing etc.

As of 2009, the ISAF recorded a total of 2,251 attacks worldwide since 1580, with 464 attacks being fatal.

The Florida Museum of Natural History compares these statistics with the much higher rate of deaths from other, less feared causes. For example, an average of more than 38 people die annually from lightning strikes in coastal states, while less than 1 person per year is killed by a shark.[9][10] In comparison, 100 million sharks are killed every year by humans.

I wouldnt be surprised if nearby hotels are dumping their waste into the sea and attracting the sharks.

This is similar to a spate of attacks in Brazil a few years where illegal dumping from factories or hotels was the cause of attacks and deaths back then.

The dumping was stopped and the attacks stopped.

the use of shark nets in bathing areas really pisses me off too. research has already shown that electrical pulses can ward them off. about time the nets were pulled up and replaced by more nature friendly defences.

yes i am passionate about this. I think sharks are ace and vital to the ecosystem. Otherwise we'll all have to go Canadian and start clubbing seals.

• Upvote 1

I wouldnt be surprised if nearby hotels are dumping their waste into the sea and attracting the sharks.

This is similar to a spate of attacks in Brazil a few years where illegal dumping from factories or hotels was the cause of attacks and deaths back then.

The dumping was stopped and the attacks stopped.

and the feeding of shoals of fish at Sharm el-Sheikh

thats is what the experts say caused the ones in Egypt last year.

Governor Shousha himself ultimately said he thought the dumping of sheep carcasses was the most likely explanation

Unless

Israel conspiracy theoryThe attacks also sparked conspiracy theories about possible Israeli involvement. Mohamed Abdel Fadil Shousha, the governor of South Sinai, told the state news website egynews.net: “What is being said about the Mossad throwing the deadly shark [in the sea] to hit tourism in Egypt is not out of the question, but it needs time to confirm.”[3] Egyptian television broadcast claims that Israeli divers had captured a shark with a GPS unit planted on its back. Describing the theory as “sad”, Professor Mahmoud Hanafy of the Suez Canal University pointed out that GPS devices are used by marine biologists to track sharks, not to remote-control them

A massive cock stroker, just like your other forum persona.

What a prick! Ok, ok I'll indulge you for a bit. Come on post positive and undeniable proof that I'm js, im sure you can seeing as "you know im js" and I'll come around to your house and stroke your cock for you in person! Can't say fairer than that can I ?

No problem amigo, but if you aren't Snowy, prove it : how many fingers wasn't I holding up 5 minutes ago...?

Surely the onus is on the accuser, Magic Sponge. Come on Spungy, get IBG on the scales. We want to know if he weighs the same as a duck.

Bitten, not a sharks fault we are such flimsy mammals.

I was disgusted to see the pictures of two Tiger Sharks that have been killed. Last I heard on the attack of the british fella is that experts said it was a juvenile Great White.

There was another fatal shark attack in South Africa last week yet its been hardly reported. Tourist $$$$ is why.

You go into the sea where known predators lurk you take the risk. Surfers in Australia, South Africa and California know this. Most attacks are not fatal and in most cases the victims carry on surfing, diving, fishing etc.

Actually there is lots of $$$ tourist money going into sa because of great whites. I spent 5 weeks in gansbai several years ago helping tag and document White sharks near Dyer island. Until you have seem them up close you wont appreciate how graceful and cautious they are, they are capable of explosive bursts of speed and power but they are also very wary creatures and if you are ever fortunate enough to dive with them then you will also see that they are not the man eating monsters the press like to make them out to be. Yes they attack people by mistake at times but it is a mistake. Humans as a food source do not have anywhere near the calorific content required to sustain a large fish like a gw.

Actually there is lots of $$$ tourist money going into sa because of great whites. I spent 5 weeks in gansbai several years ago helping tag and document White sharks near Dyer island. Until you have seem them up close you wont appreciate how graceful and cautious they are, they are capable of explosive bursts of speed and power but they are also very wary creatures and if you are ever fortunate enough to dive with them then you will also see that they are not the man eating monsters the press like to make them out to be. Yes they attack people by mistake at times but it is a mistake. Humans as a food source do not have anywhere near the calorific content required to sustain a large fish like a gw.

One of the things I'd love to do before I die,not during though.

Sharks fascinate me. I went to watch Jaws when I was a kid and was scared shitless but it made me want to find out more about them and I now 'gobble up' (see what I did there?) all the information I can about sharks and I believe,like you,that they are totally misunderstood.