You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

On 03/10/2019 at 06:53, Stickman said:

Altogether now....Ooooooooooohhhhh Laaaaaaaaaaaa

At last and hopefully a proper adaptation of the book (and maybe a Richard Burton voice cameo???) rather than that shit Tom Cruise effort .

Few shots of Liverpool as well especially the opening

Looking forward to this. Any word on when it’s on?

10 hours ago, Stickman said:

Not sure although bizarrely other countries are getting to see it first I think the first couple of episodes have been shown in Japan and the States

Sweet. Thankyou good fellow. 

Looks like the first episode was Oct 6 on T & E channel that I’ve never heard of in Canada. 

Will have to look to see if I have the channel when I get in!

10 hours ago, Alan Sex said:

Sweet. Thankyou good fellow. 

Looks like the first episode was Oct 6 on T & E channel that I’ve never heard of in Canada. 

Will have to look to see if I have the channel when I get in!

I cannot find this on any torrents site

Guest Pistonbroke
18 hours ago, Anubis said:

BBC’s big Christmas show?

They've already said it won't be part of their Christmas list. They said Autumn, so probably sometime in November. They finished everything in April, probably waiting for it to finish in the countries they sold the rights too early to make a killing. It'll no doubt end up on Netflix as soon as it has aired on the BBC. 

Looks great and much more in line with the book than previous attempts. That Eleanor Tomlinson is also gorgeous. 

Deputy

The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department is one of the largest police forces in the world, but when the elected sheriff dies, an arcane rule in the county charter, forged back in the Wild West, suddenly thrusts the most unlikely man into the job.

The Devil next door

Netflix's latest true crime docuseries will focus on a hugely controversial case that claimed to identify one of the most villainous Nazis years after World War II. The Devil Next Door will explore the story of a man named John Demjanjuk who was accused of being a Nazi war criminal. Two governments claimed he was hiding under a fake name in America to avoid punishment from his past actions as "Ivan the Terrible," one of the most violent concentration camp guards in Nazi history. Demjanjuk went to court in the late 1970s both in America and Israel. He was found guilty in both countries.

But there's a twist: Demjanjuk maintained his innocence until his death. So was he really Ivan the Terrible? Or was his conviction a horrible mistake? To those who knew him, Demjanjuk was the "Cleveland grandfather," a neighborhood friend.

33 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

The Game of Thrones prequel starring Naomi Watts has been cancelled by HBO. 

That’s a weird one. Must be for creative rather than financial reasons as it’s a guaranteed money-spinner. 

HBO has given a 10-episode, straight-to-series order to HOUSE OF THE DRAGON, a “Game of Thrones” prequel co-created by George R.R. Martin and Ryan Condal. Miguel Sapochnik and Ryan Condal will partner as showrunners and will also serve as executive producers along with George R.R. Martin and Vince Gerardis, it was just announced at WarnerMedia Day by Casey Bloys, president, HBO Programming.

Based on George R.R. Martin’s Fire & Blood, the series, which is set 300 years before the events of “Game of Thrones,” tells the story of House Targaryen. Miguel Sapochnik will direct the pilot and additional episodes. Condal and Sapochnik will partner as showrunners on the series, which will be written by Condal.

Guest Pistonbroke

I can't wait to see what they've done with it. The initial budget for the first series is more than they spent on GOT, about 20 million more according to sources. They've gone with a big name for the main role and lesser actresses for the leading ladies, but on such shows careers are built. They also said that the first released images suggest that the creators are showing detail that recreates the books.