You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Pistonbroke

I've met theeeee finest Spanish girl here. We spoke last night and she told me she's a Royalist that votes PP (Spanish Tory party).

To penetrate or not to penetrate the bubble.

Just nail her and move on. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Seems sensible advice.

You could even nail her a few times mate, not like you are going to marry her or want a long term relationship where sharing the same values are important. 

I've met theeeee finest Spanish girl here. We spoke last night and she told me she's a Royalist that votes PP (Spanish Tory party).

To penetrate or not to penetrate the bubble.

Smack her on the bum with an Orwell novel and then introduce her to your Condor Squadron. 

Remember, the Don doesn't do intelligence, he's intelligent enough. The Deputy likes dots.... 

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-commando-idUSKBN15G5RX

"U.S. military officials told Reuters that Trump approved his first covert counterterrorism operation without sufficient intelligence, ground support or adequate backup preparations.

As a result, three officials said, the attacking SEAL team found itself dropping onto a reinforced al Qaeda base defended by landmines, snipers, and a larger than expected contingent of heavily armed Islamist extremists.

I dunno, look at all the top generals who bowed down to Hitler. I think the only thing that'll stop Trump is his own health and/or boredom. 

See today Australia has been trashed on twatter. Rather talk to Putin than Turnbull., Australia that has fought in every war with the US and has jets operating over Syria now, Couple of weeks in and he has pissed off just about every friend in the world, with the exception of the UK where he hopes to install King Farage after his visit to Buck House,

In all seriousness I think its more likely his tax and business dealings will be his Achilles heel. Things like huge investments in Russian oil and gas from unknown sources following his election and his refusal to blind trust his businesses. It will be slow and drawn out,

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

I dunno, look at all the top generals who bowed down to Hitler. I think the only thing that'll stop Trump is his own health and/or boredom. 

Trump's biggest downfall will be his OTT self confidence, mix that with his stupidity and he'll supply enough ammunition for those willing to take him down. 

See today Australia has been trashed on twatter. Rather talk to Putin than Turnbull., Australia that has fought in every war with the US and has jets operating over Syria now, Couple of weeks in and he has pissed off just about every friend in the world, with the exception of the UK where he hopes to install King Farage after his visit to Buck House,

In all seriousness I think its more likely his tax and business dealings will be his Achilles heel. Things like huge investments in Russian oil and gas from unknown sources following his election and his refusal to blind trust his businesses. It will be slow and drawn out,

I think Trump genuinely likes Putin, maybe he doesn't know the man but he likes how he rolls. He doesn't like democracy, he's spent his entire life getting what he wants by being the biggest player in the room and bullying people, that's exactly how Putin operates in his sphere. The administration Trump is cobbling together is also basically an oligarchy, billionaire jobs for the boys. He also loathes the media and 'free' speech. The Parallels are striking, except Putin is far more intelligent.  

• Upvote 3

I think Trump genuinely likes Putin, maybe he doesn't know the man but he likes how he rolls. He doesn't like democracy, he's spent his entire life getting what he wants by being the biggest player in the room and bullying people, that's exactly how Putin operates in his sphere. The administration Trump is cobbling together is also basically an oligarchy, billionaire jobs for the boys. He also loathes the media and 'free' speech. The Parallels are striking, except Putin is far more intelligent.  

Agree to a point,  Trump cant just do what Putin has done in Russia where none of the infrastructure was there after communism to protect free speech and democracy, It was easy for him to use the triumphalism of the west along with the tanking of the Russian economy to justify his creeping takeover of all the levers of power. I think , unless there is a war, the institutions of the press and the state along with civil unrest will eventually bring down Trump.

He's now got the military leaking to the press due to his complete incompetence. He's not going to be a very good dictator if he can't keep them onside.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/feb/02/trump-approved-yemen-raid-five-days-after-inauguration

He seems quite adept at purges though. If history teaches us one  thing it's that there's always someone willing to step up when opportunities present themselves. 

The Trump fiasco is starting to make me quite anti-American to be honest, I just think they're absolutely full of shit as a nation. Pride themselves on building a democracy after fleeing English tyranny, and yet establish a post that is basically the closest thing to absolute power you can wield in the Western world. 

Go on about democracy and land of the free, yet jail more people per head of population than any country on earth. Talk about equality and yet their politics are dominated by wealthy and connected people who all went to the same school.

Don't get me wrong, the British are full of shit too but we don't try and hide it, they sell themselves as some kind of beacon of civilisation and yet they've let this absolute monster come to pass and stand by meekly as he uses their apparatus to basically stomp around the planet. Pathetic. 

Guest Pistonbroke

It's all false journalism, Donald actually led the special forces on this mission and made 450 kills, with only a rusty Bowie knife and a pair of nail clippers.