You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FIFA 12

James

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

You should be able to challenge keepers on this. In the air I mean! Time it too early and you elbow him, too late and you tackle his body and just right you get up there first and head it on. It's fucking shit the way keepers just pick it out the air

Reading that link above it looks like there'll be hamstring injuries and players pulling up. Cool!

• 2 weeks later...

The option to remove some of the preloaded chants ('you'll never work again" does my head in and "we are the famous cfc" seems to come up every time I play '11)and some kind of banner editor would be good.

• 4 weeks later...
Hopefully they'll start actually punishing quitters instead of shaking their head and tutting.

its impossible, if there was a punishment introduced people would just unplug and plug their router out the wall

I want them to get rid of replays till after the game, i hate people who score a really shite goal then watch about 3 replays

• 2 weeks later...
I hate cunts who play as barca, cunts who score cheap goals and cunts who watch replays far more than quitters.

I've got a win everytime someone has quit against me.

I love knobheads who go boss teams.

Simply because they get slaughtered when I go a shit team like Bolton.

DAVIES!!!

It happened on the last one with Liege. A few people off here have been on the receiving end of a bumming with the mighty Liege. I've retired them now after years of service.

I wonder if they'll make any effort to make the league play even mildly engaging over more than a season or two. You know, like introducing stuff that Pro Evo had years ago such as development bonuses for getting your younger players time on the pitch. That might make building a squad, as opposed to just a massively expensive first eleven, worthwhile.

Oh, and I want my indoor five-a-side option back from 1999.

They should also prevent you from just getting the club to bank roll you at the end of every season to the point where the owners have to put a cash injection into the club. This then would prevent you from becoming a lazy cheating bastard while playing it, and instead play the game the way it's intended and build a squad through youth development.

I wonder if they'll make any effort to make the league play even mildly engaging over more than a season or two. You know, like introducing stuff that Pro Evo had years ago such as development bonuses for getting your younger players time on the pitch. That might make building a squad, as opposed to just a massively expensive first eleven, worthwhile.

Oh, and I want my indoor five-a-side option back from 1999.

Oh how i yearn for a manager mode even half as good or as involving as the Master League was. Where you actually had to train your players to make them better.

I loved how you could select the teams you wanted in the league too. So you had two divisions made up of the best teams around Europe.

At least the full game will be on the PC this year though.

I find playing FIFA on my lonesome to be one of the most shallow experiences of my life. There is just absolutely zero individuality. I'm genuinely heartbroken that all my friends have moved on from PES.

I get FIFA is pick-up-and-play and you can get a group together and play a tournament with ease, but there's no satisfaction in scoring a goal or thumping in a header or making a last ditch tackle like there is in PES.

I always end up buying both and get bored of FIFA before PES has usually been released. The new one is looking and sounding good, but so did the last half dozen. I actually found the 08 EUROS game and the last World Cup game to be much more enjoyable than any of the regular FIFAs.